12 colors available

BY THEBALM #80 in Lipstick

Meet Matt(e) Hughes long-lasting liquid lipstick by the Balm has a comfortable matte finish that you can depend on.

PRODUCT FEATURES

Long-wearing formula Matte finish Vanilla mint flavor Highly pigmented Doe-foot applicator Paraben-free.

HOW TO USE

Apply using applicator, or with your favorite lip brush, for color that lasts all night.

PRODUCT DETAILS

0.25-oz.

• I been looking for new mate liquid lipstick. Do you guys recommend ...5 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? 6 Answers
  • Is really mate and how duration are?1 Answers
Sydney D.
Sydney D.
Sebring, FL
I received this product as a deluxe sample in my monthly glam bag from Ipsy a couple months ago. I had really high hopes for this product and really wanted to like it!! However, I was very disappointed in the whole thing. I applied the liquid lipstick to my lips and immediately noticed the silky texture of the product when it went on with the application brush. I really thought this was going to be an A+ product. But once it dried a couple minutes later, my lips looked like they were flaking with pink colored dandruff... I was let down by this brand that I had really respected beforehand. There is also one more thing I want to point out; this formula has a very strong smell of mint. So strong to the point it was making my lips tingle and slightly burn. Overall, I would not recommend this liquid lipstick.
Mirror M.
Mirror M.
Tallahassee, FL
Liquid lipstick is become a huge trend going into fall, and while some matte liquid lipsticks are drying and flaky, theBalm Meet Matte Hughes definitely pushes ahead of the rest with its hydrating formula. When applied, this lipstick has a cooling, hydrating feel to it, the tingly sensation similar to Burt’s Bees, and it keeps lips moisturized all day long, which is especially great as we move into colder, harsher months. Because of it’s unique hydrating formula, this lipstick doesn’t dry up or flake off during the day like many other liquid lipsticks. One downfall, however, is that theBalm’s version of liquid lipsticks doesn’t boast the same all day stay power as it’s competitors, meaning you will have to reapply throughout the day and especially after eating and drinking.
Melissa A.
Melissa A.
Katy, TX
This was actually given to me as a sample but I will definitely be purchasing one in another shade. When I first glanced at the shade I received, Committed, I didn't think it would look good on my skin tone since I had another liquid lipstick from a different brand in a similar shade and it simply didn't work for me. However, I still tried it out and I'm very glad I did because the shade looks good on me, it has a mint scent which I actually liked, it applies smoothly, easy to remove, doesn't smudge at all, doesn't dry out the lips, and it's very long lasting. The one thing I didn't like about this product was how it was a little patchy on me so I would have to apply another layer. However, I do think the quality is definitely worth the price of this liquid lip.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Waukegan, IL
The colours are really nice! The liquid lipstick goes on very smoothly and smells minty. As is with many mattes, it can be a bit drying but it is non-streaky, pigmented, transfer proof after drying pretty quickly, and stays put all day. My husband hates when I kiss him if he'll end up with colour all over his face, but he loves when I wear this since I can kiss him as much as I want and he doesn't have to worry about transfer. If you have a Kohl's nearby they should have some testers that you can sample before you buy. I love this brand of liquid matte lipstick, but I wish it wasn't so much. If you're able to splurge, though, its definitely worth it! My favorite colour is Devoted.
Juliana O.
Juliana O.
Review for: Matte
This has got to be my all time favorite liquid lipstick on the market. I received this through Birchbox's shop a few weeks ago and I'm so in love! First of all the packaging is adorable, the applicator works great as well. The scent of this product smells heavenly, like mint chocolate chips, YUM! It's not too drying but it will dry a bit (it is a matte liquid lipstick after all!) I find that i last a long time on the lips, I even ate a plate of messy nachos and still had product on my lips. It fades off really nicely and can easily be taken off when you're ready to. 10/10 recommend this product only complaint would be there should be way more shades because this stuff is amazing!!!
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Oxford, MS
I think I've decided that this is my absolute favorite liquid lipstick formula in the world. First of all, the packaging is adorable (duh, it's the balm) and feels very nice and well-made. Second of all, they smell EXACTLY like mint tic-tacs to me, which is freaking amazing. The formula is incredible - it lasts around 7 hours on me without fading at all, and it never looks cracky or gross even though it dries to a complete matte. The colors that they offer are all absolutely gorgeous. The applicator does get pretty messy, but it's not a big deal to me because other than that, this is honestly the PERFECT lipstick. 10/10. Check them out on thebalm.com or in Kohls!
Sadi C.
Sadi C.
Independence, MO
Review for: Charming
Love, Love, Love this product! I originally got it in an ipsy bag. I LOVED the color. It was a soft pinkish-nude color. More importantly, it truly lasted all day long. I loved that it was matte, and that it lasted as long as it advertised it did. It didn't come off when I drank out of a cup, or straw, or when I was eating. It faded a little on the inside part of the lip (like most liquid lipsticks), but it stayed on my lip for the most part of the day, and is my go to color for everything! It also smells good. Which may be a weird attribute to review for some, but if you're going to wear a lip color all day, it might as well smell good!
Miranda T.
Miranda T.
Reeseville, WI
Review for: Chivalrous
I ADORE this lipstick and it is my go-to color after I've discovered that pinks really are my shade and go well with my skin tone. When I first opened the bottle, the incredible smell hit me and almost wanted to taste it - its a minty-cookie like smell and its wonderful.

It goes on nice, though I have to dip it a few times to get enough color on my lips and once it dries its ON. I've gone all day with this stuff, only having to touch up after eating.

It dries out your lips a little, but what matte lipstick doesn't? I'm saving up to buy the entire line!
Emily D.
Emily D.
LOVE LOVE LOVE! Really easy application, dries quickly, and the perfect shade for my skin tone (very pale). This does not last very long but can prolong the wear time with a lip liner. The lip color is really opaque and could cover my lips with one dip of the dough foot applicator. It dried out my lips a little bit but I also have very sensitive lips so by just applying a moisturizing lip balm overnight re-moisturized my lips after wearing (I also go into wearing a matte lip color that my lips will be dry). Also love that the balm is cruelty free!
Victoria W.
Victoria W.
Madison, WI
I have used many a liquid lipstick, but this one I feel has the best formula out of all of them that I've used. I received a sample of this liquid lipstick in the shade "Committed", in my Ipsy bag. It has a fresh minty-vanilla scent and it truly lasts all day. It will rub off a bit if you eat oily food, but it's quite simple to reapply (I suggest you take off the rest before you reapply, otherwise it will start to flake off). I've worn it for 12 hours at maximum and my lips never felt dry while I had it on, which is truly incredible!
Brenda G.
Brenda G.
Is this product too drying for lips?
Maria C.
Maria C.
Sylmar, CA
Does it dry out ur lips??
Leah C.
Leah C.
Is this sticky or tacky like some liquid lipsticks? How's the staying power?
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
Does this dry out your lips? I really like the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks and want to try these.
Lorna W.
Lorna W.
Verdun, QC
Did you guys have a good experience with this lipstick? Let me know if you agree or disagree with me, I recommended it on my blog (Linked in my profile)