BY THEBALM #13 in Highlighter

This honey-hued multi-use product is much more than just a luminizer - it is a highlighter, an eye shadow, and an all-over shimmer in one. However, this creamy feeling highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light leaving skin looking softer and younger - while at the same time adding a subtle glow. Layer it on your lids for luxe-looking lashes, sweep it on your cheeks for a sexy sheen, or use it as an all-over finishing touch before you head out for the day or night. Talc, Oil, and Paraben-free, Mary-Lou Manizer is a lot more than she appears to be! Mary-Lou Manizer.

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
  • "this is stunning. i love this highlighter and how it looks on my face. good pigmentation. leaves my face so shiny. unfortunately it's not affordable. but it's amazing stuff." in 426 reviews
  • "this is by far one of my favourite highlighters. full stop. the pigmentation is divine, and the colour is a light gold-which is completely universal (some people say it doesn't look good on people with fair skin but i would disagree). the product itself is so buttery and sits on the skin so nicely- and can build it up from a subtle healthy glow to a disco ball on your face. it even comes with a handy mirror. my only two downsides with this product are
    -the price has gone up (cry) from £15/or so to now £20 which is generally dissappointing
    -the packaging - because you have to put your fingers under this clicker thingy to open the product up - this motion has been damaging the powder which is now beginning to break up and crack!! this hasn't just happened to me but also my sister and friends too (i would consider myself quite gentle when i open it as well). because of this i don't take it out with me in a makeup bag anymore.
    otherwise i absolutely love this product." in 232 reviews
  • "beautiful product! has made me glow like no other highlighter i have used before. doesn’t sit powdery on the skin, blends and melts in like a dream. not to glittery or shimmery either - just picks up in the light perfectly and makes you look glowy!!! golden champagne shade, not too golden where it looks like you’ve applied it on to your skin (not a fan of that) just so perfect! i start on my cheekbones and end up loving it so much i just dust it everywhere 😂 10/10 recommend" in 202 reviews
  • "I have literally been using this for like 6 months and i have barely made a dent in it, a little goes a VERY long way, It's more than worth the money in my opinion, this is a must have in my collection." in 16 reviews
  • "as others has said, a little goes a long way and is the perfect addition to brighten up your face whether you have a face full of make up or your going (mostly) au-naturale." in 15 reviews
Heather B.
Akron, OH
Sooo I am legit obsessed with highlighters. I think it adds SO much to a person's look - either with daily wear, OR going out. So, when I received my IPSY bag this month, and it had the Mary Lou Manizer "The Luminzor" in it, I was pretty excited, especially because my previous highlighter was almost out. I cannot believe how much I love it. It has just the right amount of highlight and does not cake on. I have found with some highlighters, they try to overdo it and the MLM brand adds the perfect amount of "highlight and shine." It also lasts forever seemingly - the picture I have included is with two weeks of daily use. I also received The Dude series "Flirty" colored eye shadow about 3 months ago - use it daily and have several months left with it.
These products are awesome and the fact that they do not test on animals takes them to the next level for me. I HIGHLY recommend any of the Mary Lou Manizer products!
Adriana V.
This was the first real highlighter I ever bought and it is still my favorite. I prefer to do my makeup very natural, with very subtle highlight and often no contouring. Even on my pale NC15 olive skin, this shows up as a beautiful highlight. This is incredibly pigmented and is a beautiful champagne shimmer color. For natural looks, I apply this with a Real Techniques Duo Fiber brush, so it picks up just a hint of pigment and isn't too shimmery. For a more bold highlight, you could apply more and it is very bright and beautiful. The formula is incredibly creamy, super easy to blend, and stays put really well on me and my oily skin. It gives me a very subtle, healthy glow!
Katy M.
Let me start with saying this is a great luminzer. I have the lightest shade which is a perfect champagne. It goes on light but adding layers will just light you up more (without the caked on feeling). I have a mini one, so I keep it in my purse because it's a really traditional highlight in the sense that it brightens you up without making you look like you're wearing a ton of highlighter. I like both looks but for a more subtle one this is perfect. It's light and good to have on you for a quick perk up. The packaging by them is adorable (as usual). My only problem was that the tray disconnected so sometimes it pops out when I use it.
Heather A.
easley
I LOVE this highlighter ! I can only find it at KOHLS ! it is super pigmented and you lightly put the brush in the product and you’re literally glowing ... FOR DAYS !!! Lol! I get compliments on how fresh, clear, and glowy my skin looks! Even if my skin isn’t as clear as they think 😏!! Picture wise , it makes my face look so nice and dewy! I’ve always loved to look dewy, but not to the point where someone thinks I ran a mile and back!! This highlighter is everything !
I really recommend this !! 👍🏻⭐️
Raygan M.
Cordele
Definitely the best highlighter I’ve ever tried, even though I’m usually not a fan of yellow/gold toned highlighters. This looks so natural yet can be blinding on the skin if that’s what you want. You can use it for a natural glow or an outrageously bright highlight depending on your look or style. A lot of product comes in the pan itself, and the packaging is sleek and stylish like all other TheBalm products. Definitely would repurchase. I recommend Mary Lou for fair to medium skin tones and then there are other options such as Cindy Lou and Betty Lou for darker complexions.
Stacie H.
Okeechobee, FL
So..this does not work well on super fair skin as a highlighter/ illuminator/ bronzer. However I did find it useful on client's with medium to deeper tones and is also useful as an eyeshadow/inner corner highlighter. Price point is okay. It has decent formula, stays all day. Love that it's compact style with mirror. No I probably would not purchase this specific one again. Maybe mary lou manizer.
Destini E.
Dana Point
I received the Mary-Lou Manizer as a sample in a monthly subscription bag and honestly it is the one sample I have ever received that I have used religiously and will purchase the full size of.
I have an odd complexion— fair to light/light-medium depending on the time of the year— but this highlight is light enough that it works well but without being icy since it has a champagne-y shimmer, and it is SO pretty! It can be applied lightly for a natural looking sheen or built up to a blinding I-Just-Ran-A-Mile-In-The-Middle-Of-Summer glow. Love love love this. I don’t reach for any other highlight ever.
Kimberly h.
Bullhead city, AZ
I love this highlighter! It is a little pricey but I honestly think it's worth it. I love the natural glow it gives but you can also build it up for a more bold highlight, that will shine like no other. I also love that it doesn't add texture to the skin like some highlighters do. It's very pigmented and it blends so easily and effortlessly. My only problem would be that it doesn't last as long on the skin as I would like it to. But other than that this is a great product that I would highly recommend. And how cute is the packaging? 😊
Jennifer W.
Fabulous highlighters very pigmented creamy applies to the skin very nicely without highlighting Eddie pigmentation or uneven skin really look smooth. Amazing glow I have use as a face highlighter and I've also use it as eyeshadow which was beautiful. My only complaint is the packaging that I got the Pan actually came out of the compact it looks like the glued either there wasn't enough or I don't know what happened but I still use it and just I'm careful with it and put it in the contact again but
Emily G.
Greenville, IL
This highlighter is INSANE. I say that because it looks incredible whether applied on the cheekbones or inner corners of the eye. It may be a bit too light for me to use on my eyelids, but this is great for placing highlight and accentuating your face. It does take a little bit to build up on your cheekbones if you use a fan brush, but the look is incredible. It may be more for a natural glow than a “blinding” look, but I absolutely love the color and shine. It’s my favorite highlighter right now!
Jen S.
Alpharetta, GA
What are some other products from this Line that you consider worthy of purchasing??
Melanie A.
Ontario
Where is this sold ?
Alyssa H.
Lebanon, PA
which is better, Cindy lou or Mary lou?
Kristine S.
Should i buy this product?
Nicole B.
Altamonte Springs, FL
I'm very fair (like a nc10 in mac) would this highlighter be too dark for me?

back