BY THEBALM

Take cover with BalmShelter®

Avoid the everyday drama! Our weightless, silky-smooth tinted moisturizer has your daily dose of SPF. BalmShelter also helps improve the look of skin’s tone and texture, leaving you with a polished — and protected — complexion.

Tinted moisturizer with SPF 18
Weightless, silky-smooth formula
Helps improve skin's tone and texture

• Does it have good durability?2 Answers
  • I was wondering if this is like a foundation or not?2 Answers
  • Does it blend well over dry spots or does it accentuate t...3 Answers
theBalm BalmShelter® Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 18
  • "not good for oily skin indeed too oily for my ..it gives a sheer coverage..will be so good for dry skin and very moisturizing." in 7 reviews
  • "i have very oily skin and i love that this product does not add to the oiliness. i also love that it has spf and actually works! many products i've tried have said spf but then i end up with red cheeks at the end of the day. being a redhead with very pale skin, i love that this doesn't give me a sunburn! " in 6 reviews
Arlet D.
Hialeah, FL
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Medium more...
Let me start by saying that I did not like this product the first time I used it!I purchased it because my favorite Skinceuticals sunscreen/tinted moisturizer ran out, and I was looking for a cheaper, cruelty-free alternative. My skin is combination- more normal to combination, but my t zone is definitely shiny by the end of the day. As usual, I applied my regular daily moisturizer and layered a couple dabs of this over the top, working up the coverage and blending it in with my fingertips. To my great disappointment, my face was an oil slick by midday, and the product was sliding all over the place. I quickly stashed it into my beauty drawer, and swore Id only use it in a pinch for the sun protection. However, Ive recently revisited it, and Ive been pleasantly surprised. The difference lies in the application. Now, I apply it on its own- no moisturizer or primer for a base. It evens, primes, moisturizes, and protects with one easy step. The finish is neither too matte nor too dewy. I would say that slightly oily skin can work with this, but oilier skinned gals may dislike the effect. Theres really only one downside, which is that it doesnt work too well with a setting product over the top. Ive tried to minimize shine with powder, but honestly, it looks better without. Plus, this tends to oxidize a TINY bit, so definitely go with one shade lighter than you think youll need. All in all, its a good, solid product! I would buy it again if The Balm relaunched it with a higher SPF than 18.
Melanie B.
Attleboro , MA
Review for: Medium more...
I’m not a huge fan of tinted moisturizers but figured i would give this a try as i love other products they sell. I found the coverage to be a little heavier than other tinted moisturizers i have tried in the past. It wore well until about 8 hours into the day. I looked in the mirror and my face was very shiny. I usually tend to have drier skin. Tried it a few other times and felt the same. Nice to wear for a few hours but not a long day at work.
Jennifer M.
Burlington
Review for: Medium/Dark more...
I bought this tinted moisturiser for everyday use & it's ok & nothing extraordinary. The coverage is ok. For me it doesn't look as if I have anything on. More of a moisturiser with a little colour. A cheaper brand which I am currently using has better coverage & feels & looks better. I guess this is ok for everyday wear but for this price & for the coverage I would use another brand. I might not be wearing enough of the tinted moisturiser but I use the same amount normally with other brands & it's more than enough.
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
I have been on the hunt for a tinted moisturizer that provided a decent amount of coverage also while sinking into the skin, and not sitting on top of, because that is just by far the worst! This is a great creamy texture, and a little goes a long way. It does not provide the same amount of coverage as a BB or CC cream, it is very light, but defensively evens out my skin tone. If I have blemishes that will still come through, I was expecting that. I use this as I guess you could say a “ primer “ before using my regular foundation. This is best used without a primer underneath I might add. I have the shade light and it is a good match for me. It also has SPF in it which is great. theBalm BalmShelter® Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 18
Rachel F.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Light/Medium more...
I gave this a try because my skin has been so painfully dry this winter and I was really hoping this would help with that! It felt a bit sticky on my skin once it was dried. I felt like it needed powder in top so it didn’t feel sticky. I have used others that didn’t give a sticky feeling just a moisturizer one. I do like that this one has an SPF so it eliminates another step from skin care.
Alaysha G.
Waterbury , VT
I purchased this tinted moisturizer from Kohl’s on sale for $18. I had never tried any Thebalm cosmetics before this, and I have to say I am impressed. It was really great coverage for a tinted moisturizer, and it wasn’t heavy on the face. The color matched me well, however it did have a very orange tone to it. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a good coverage tinted moisturizer.
Ellie D.
Brookhaven, GA
I bought this off of Amazon after seeing so many great reviews of it. I’m absolutely loving it - it is light coverage which I actually prefer for casual everyday use, and it has spf 18 which makes it great for the summer time. My skin is pretty dry so I usually put this over another moisturizer, but it would say it does a fair job on its own. Would highly recommend!
Victoria H.
Durham, NC
The coverage is pretty good for a tinted moisturizer, and I really appreciate the addition of SPF. However, throughout the day I find my skin, which is typically on the drier side, getting pretty greasy looking. The texture is a little heavy for my preference, and feels more like what I would expect from a foundation instead of a tinted moisturizer. After several hours, it just doesn't feel good on my skin.
Jennifer W.
Comstock Park, MI
I love this BB CREAM! It's my go to for summer "no makeup makeup" looks. The formula is hydrating and easy to apply. You can use a brush, beauty sponge, or your fingers. It gives my skin a healthy natural glow and evens out my skin tone. It's not greasy and is extremely light weight. I definitely have repurchased this and highly recommend it.
Amanda S.
Orlando, FL
I have this product in two colors, light and lighter than light. I would say the colors run a tad dark so keep that in mind. This is a good tinted product but breaks out my skin. I do like it for the sunscreen aspect but as a moisturizer I don't find it to be overly hydrating. It is not a bad product. Best suited for non acne prone skin
Rubi S.
Has anyone with sensitive skin and acne prone used this tinted moisturizer with no problems before? I love the balm but since it's $25 want to make sure it's worth it
Ashley F.
Do you wear this underneath your makeup ?
Emily A.
Hartville, OH
Does it blend well over dry spots or does it accentuate them? I've had this issue with tinted moisturizers.
Zogia K.
Thessaloniki
Guys is this product ideal for sensitive skin ?
Michelle C.
Green Valley, AZ
How is the coverage with this? Does it last throughout the day?

Amazon