BY THE WORKS #28 in Bathroom Cleaners

The Works® Disinfectant Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
33% more than other leading national brands*.
*Compared to 24 fl oz of other leading national brands.
Kills 99.9% of household bacteria**.
Removes rust, lime scale & hard water stains.
**See back panel for list of types. see more...

• How effective is this on hard water build-up? We are dealing with...4 Answers
Savannah G.
Panama City, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
The BEST toilet, shower, sink, and lime removal product on the market! I grew up on watching this stuff eat through the thickest grime and always amazed about the results
Linda S.
This product is amazing. We had stubborn iron deposits in our tub, sink and toilet. I literally used everything from bleach to 'CLR' to 'Awesome' to try to get the yellow out and nothing worked. My neighbor recommended The Works (I hadn't heard of it before). I wasn't sure if it was worth it because I bought it at Dollar General lol. I was blown away. I used a few squirts and let it sit in the toilet bowl and sink....the yellow washed itself away. I didn't even use any of the sponges and scrub rags I bought! I really don't get excited about cleaning products but I texted pics to my boyfriend to show him how clean everything was. This is a really strong chemical so I would use it for heavy jobs. This would literally replace all of these extra cleaners I have in my utility closet. My neighbor rehabs houses for a living so this explains how he knew about this product. I'm so surprised it's not more popular.
Deborah R.
Kansas City, MO
My family has owned a cleaning business for well over 30 years. "The Works" has been a staple cleaner for as long as I can recall. Why? Because it works...REALLY WELL! With out any effort on your behalf. Have you wondered how to get the grout in your shower clean? Maybe the grout in the tiles where coffee has been spilt over and over not the kitchen tile? Stains near the front door (once again grout) it can cost $$THOUSANDS$$ to have grout professionally cleaned. And the chemicals are always $$$$ if you check at the hardware p/tile store. Apply "The Works" in a think line along the grout and let it sit... varies depending on the stain. (10-30 minutes) while with a wet cloth to remove cleaner and scrub the grout w water to get up any last bits. This is e easiest and least expensive answer. WORKS EVERY TIME!!!
Stacey H.
Crystal River, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
The works is the best toilet bowl cleaner I have ever used! Where I live I am on a well for water and when you are on a well there is a huge possibility you will have high levels of rust in your tap water. This product removed all of the rust and hard water stains from my toilet and from my shower. It does have to be used in a well ventilated area. I have never used a product that is so inexpensive but works so well. I will always repurchase this product
Samantha A.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This is the only cleaner that cuts through line and rust left behind by my hard well water.
It's the only product I buy to get the hard ester stains out of my toilet, tub and sink.
It's smell is harsh so I wear gloves and a mask so it doesn't touch my skin either.
You can find this at the dollar tree for literally a buck. Lasts me 3 weeks per bottle though.
Megan K.
Toronto, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Good: helps clean the toilet, disinfects (as much as I can tell), runs around $1 pending on what store your going into.
Bad: (its runny)
When your on a budget and you can't afford getting the name brand ones this works just as well as they do. We usually buy 4 of them for both bathrooms. Lasts a good while.
Katherine V.
Las Cruces, NM
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This stuff is amazing! It will clean any thing in any toilet. Super effective at removing rust stains from older toilets. Clean scent. Repeat user and I will continue to buy as long as I have toilets.
Mariah S.
Terre Haute, IN
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is my favorite toilet bowl cleaner! It removes all the stains and yuckiness of the toilet. It also has a subtle scent that smells clean, yet isn't overwhelming to use in a small bathroom. I can usually find it for a dollar at my local dollar general and it's amazing for that price!
Ana J.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
This is a great brand to use when cleaning the toilet. Gets rid of all stains quickly and without having to rub to hard. No harsh chemicals that end up stinking up my bathroom. I would recommend to others as well.
Laurie B.
San Antonio
I clean houses for a living and this so versatile! I not only use it for the toilets,  I use it in really caked on hard water areas. It really powers through everything. My only wish is that it had a better smell! Lol
Emily B.
Lafayette, IN
How effective is this on hard water build-up? We are dealing with this in the bowl and nothing seems to get them off.