The Woman in Cabin 10

Featured in TheSkimm

An Entertainment Weekly “Summer Must List” Pick

A New York Post “Summer Must-Read” Pick

Included in Summer Book Guides from Bustle, Oprah.com, PureWow, and USA TODAY

From New York Times bestselling author of the “twisty-mystery” (Vulture) novel In a Dark, Dark Wood, comes The Woman in Cabin 10, an equally suspenseful and haunting novel from Ruth Ware—this time, set at sea.

In this tightly wound, enthralling story reminiscent of Agatha Christie’s works, Lo Blacklock, a journalist who writes for a travel magazine, has just been given the assignment of a lifetime: a week on a luxury cruise with only a handful of cabins. The sky is clear, the waters calm, and the veneered, select guests jovial as the exclusive cruise ship, the Aurora, begins her voyage in the picturesque North Sea. At first, Lo’s stay is nothing but pleasant: the cabins are plush, the dinner parties are sparkling, and the guests are elegant. But as the week wears on, frigid winds whip the deck, gray skies fall, and Lo witnesses what she can only describe as a dark and terrifying nightmare: a woman being thrown overboard. The problem? All passengers remain accounted for—and so, the ship sails on as if nothing has happened, despite Lo’s desperate attempts to convey that something (or someone) has gone terribly, terribly wrong…

With surprising twists, spine-tingling turns, and a setting that proves as uncomfortably claustrophobic as it is eerily beautiful, Ruth Ware offers up another taut and intense read in The Woman in Cabin 10—one that will leave even the most sure-footed reader restlessly uneasy long after the last page is turned.

Has anyone else read and enjoyed this book?
Has anyone read the Lying Game? How does it compare?
Which book do you prefer: In a Dark, Dark Wood The Woman in Cabin 10
Start your review of The Woman in Cabin 10!
Charlotte , NC
I love suspense books and all Ruth ware books are... from moment book starts you are in the story!!
Indianapolis, IN
1,133 reviews
Absolutely love this book couldn’t put it down once I picked it up such a great read I loved it
El Dorado, AR
This book is amazing. Thriller. Mystery. Plot twists. I would definitely recommend it!
Kingston, ON
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Ruth Ware has very quickly became one of my favourite authors. She is a phenomenal writer of mystery and can’t wait for this next book. This had an amazing plot with an unexpected ending, and I was hooked with every page! A woman traumatized from a break in uses her gut-instincts in a book full of mystery and mayhem. Amazing!
This was a pretty good book, it was kind of a slow burn ..but once the story kicks off, it’s intense and fast paced, and it’s one of those “who done it “ type of novels, it’s a thriller with lots of suspense, and a bit of a twist.
i found this book super suspenseful. It was an easy read because of all the suspense. It makes you wonder if the main character is just crazy or not which is always good. i found there to be quite a few twists in this book and I myself didnt see the end coming. i think this is a great book and if you like mystery's i recommend it.
Winnipeg
This book is well written and keeps you on the edge of your seat!! This is the only book I've read from thia author as I usually read "Heather's Picks" from Chapter's.
Calgary, AB
I was SO excited to read this book. I waited a while to get my hands on it as I usually borrow books from my public library. I have to say I'm super happy I didn't cave and buy this book. I got about 8 chapters in and just couldn't finish. I had to force myself to read those 8 chapters. I found the writing style boring and the author put way too much detail into insignificant things. The main character was not likeable, which made it harder to read.
Waterloo, ON
This was my first Ruth Ware read and I fell in love with her writing. This book made me want to read more books by her. I really enjoyed the story line, I had so many theories of how it would end and it was definitely suspenseful! If you enjoy mysteries this one is for you!
Scarborough, ON
Love love LOVE this author! I couldn’t put this book down with all the twists and suspense. Her books can be found at any bookstore and some drug stores etc. I would highly recommend checking this book out and her others
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Great Falls, VA
a year ago
Desiree G. • a year ago
Hated both. Dark dark wood was much worse though.