The Woman in Cabin 10

Featured in TheSkimm

An Entertainment Weekly “Summer Must List” Pick

A New York Post “Summer Must-Read” Pick

Included in Summer Book Guides from Bustle, Oprah.com, PureWow, and USA TODAY

From New York Times bestselling author of the “twisty-mystery” (Vulture) novel In a Dark, Dark Wood, comes The Woman in Cabin 10, an equally suspenseful and haunting novel from Ruth Ware—this time, set at sea.

In this tightly wound, enthralling story reminiscent of Agatha Christie’s works, Lo Blacklock, a journalist who writes for a travel magazine, has just been given the assignment of a lifetime: a week on a luxury cruise with only a handful of cabins. The sky is clear, the waters calm, and the veneered, select guests jovial as the exclusive cruise ship, the Aurora, begins her voyage in the picturesque North Sea. At first, Lo’s stay is nothing but pleasant: the cabins are plush, the dinner parties are sparkling, and the guests are elegant. But as the week wears on, frigid winds whip the deck, gray skies fall, and Lo witnesses what she can only describe as a dark and terrifying nightmare: a woman being thrown overboard. The problem? All passengers remain accounted for—and so, the ship sails on as if nothing has happened, despite Lo’s desperate attempts to convey that something (or someone) has gone terribly, terribly wrong…

With surprising twists, spine-tingling turns, and a setting that proves as uncomfortably claustrophobic as it is eerily beautiful, Ruth Ware offers up another taut and intense read in The Woman in Cabin 10—one that will leave even the most sure-footed reader restlessly uneasy long after the last page is turned.

Has anyone else read and enjoyed this book?
Has anyone read the Lying Game? How does it compare?
Which book do you prefer: In a Dark, Dark Wood The Woman in Cabin 10
Start your review of The Woman in Cabin 10!
Orlando, FL
I have mixed feelings about this book which I found it a little hard to get into. While I am glad I did finish the book, I feel like I only did just to figure out the ending and not because I was really enjoying it.
I can't call it predictable because the ending was so much of a twist I felt like it came from left field. No foreshadowing at all. Just weak. Maybe "Gone Girl" ruined me or just showed what a mystery novel can be.
Lahoma, OK
Bookworm Expert Level 2
One of the best books that I’ve read this year. It will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time the only con is that it doesn’t keep going. It is affordable it’s easy to find and you’ll definitely love it
Sachse, TX
I absolutely loved this book and couldn’t put it down. The plot is very interesting and I like the twists and turns as well as a surprise ending. If you like thrillers, this is the book for you.
Buffalo, NY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I love Ruth Ware’s work, including this book. She keeps you on your toes so much that you cannot our the book down. Highlight recommend for the gone girl and girl on the train fans out there!
Philadelphia , PA
Very slow book. And ending was just as slow. The book didn’t become interesting till about page 250 and by then the book was over
Cleveland, OH
This is a mystery/thriller book. It has a lot of different suspects and I was not thinking it would end up how it did.
Really enjoyed this novel. Ruth Ware's other books are also good, but this had some nice suspense and moved along well.
Hagerhill , KY
This is an awesome book. It’s one that kept me reading all night. I highly recommend and it’s one I would read agin.
fredericksburg
Bookworm Expert Level 1
YES YES YES!!!!!! If you want a good thriller and on the edge book here you go! Buy it read it and enjoy it !
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Great Falls, VA
a year ago
Desiree G. • a year ago
Hated both. Dark dark wood was much worse though.