The Wizard of Oz uploaded by Sofie B.

BY VICTOR FLEMING #84 in Movies

"There's no place like home..." Entirely remastered, the colorful characters and unforgettable songs of Oz come alive as never before. This magical cinematic event finds Kansas farm girl Judy Garland ("A Star is Born," "Meet Me in St. Louis") caught in a tornado and magically transported to the Land of Oz. Needing help to return home, she is told to follow the Yellow Brick Road and find the powerful Wizard (Frank Morgan). On her perilous journey, she is befriended by the Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), the Tin Man (Jack Haley), and the Cowardly Lion (Bert Lahr) who help her battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton) and her flying monkeys. Based on the classic book by Frank L. Baum, "The Wizard of Oz" is a dazzling motion picture achievement, featuring unforgettable songs (including Oscar-winner "Over the Rainbow"), scenery, and costumes. The film had 5 Academy Award nominations, and Garland was awarded a special Oscar for her outstanding performance.

Courtney P.
Kearny, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How can you not love this movie ? its a classic, it will go on for ages ! even with the remakes, the original will A L W A Y S win, end of story.
Riley H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
There just aren't many better movies than Wizard of Oz. Judy Garland was perfect as Dorothy. I love the catchy songs and dancing. Love love love!
Rachel R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Such a classic and always gonna be my favorite movie. I'm a huge theatre nerd and if there ever is an audition to be Dorothy Sign me up!
Wendy S.
Classic movie that everyone should watch at least once! I can't wait to watch this again with my 5 yr old when she gets a little older!
Heather M.
I love this movie. Even if the flying monkeys still scare me. It's one of the movies you can watch over and over and never tire of it.
Jordyn S.
Clearwater, FL
I used to watch this all the time as a kid. I would go to my grandma's house and watch it on VHS. Such a classic. I'll love it forever.
Michala F.
Love this movie. Such a classic, I used to watch this with my grandmother all the time whenever it was on! Ruby red heels are gorgeous!
Grace C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a classic! Sit down with the family and have a movie night. This movie is magical and will take you down the yellow brick road.
Ramonita R.
Orlando, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I just love this movie, I have been seen it since I was a child. Wow it's such a good movie I just love to see it with my grandkids.
Whitney S.
Columbia, SC
This is one my favorite classic movies. Definitely one of Judy Garland's finest roles! Appropriate for all age groups and timeless.
Stephanie S.
Charlotte, NC
What's everybody's favorite part of the movie?
Ashley D.
Sikeston, MO
Who is you favorite character in the wizard of oz?
Michala F.
Was anyone else terrified of the Wicked Witch of the West?
Sofie B.
Kalmar, Sweden
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Would you consider this a classic?
Cindy S.
Rio Grande Cy, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where can I order this dvd