The Wizard of Oz uploaded by Sofie B.

BY VICTOR FLEMING #84 in Movies

"There's no place like home..." Entirely remastered, the colorful characters and unforgettable songs of Oz come alive as never before. This magical cinematic event finds Kansas farm girl Judy Garland ("A Star is Born," "Meet Me in St. Louis") caught in a tornado and magically transported to the Land of Oz. Needing help to return home, she is told to follow the Yellow Brick Road and find the powerful Wizard (Frank Morgan). On her perilous journey, she is befriended by the Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), the Tin Man (Jack Haley), and the Cowardly Lion (Bert Lahr) who help her battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton) and her flying monkeys. Based on the classic book by Frank L. Baum, "The Wizard of Oz" is a dazzling motion picture achievement, featuring unforgettable songs (including Oscar-winner "Over the Rainbow"), scenery, and costumes. The film had 5 Academy Award nominations, and Garland was awarded a special Oscar for her outstanding performance.

Sarah R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My favorite movie. I watched this so many times as a kid and I still find myself singing along to all of the songs. I can't wait to raise my kids watching movies like this.
stephanie B.
N Tonawanda, NY
I love that they play this a lot around the holidays. My children and I have made a tradition of watching it in the holiday season. This movie is a wonderful classic that every one should watch in their lifetime. It's a must see!
Elisha S.
This is one of my favorite movies! It's such a classic that must be watched and kept alive throughout all generations! My 6 year old son loved it and when the new Oz movie came out, we had to find this original one at the library to re-watch it! I must find it a buy it for sure!
Katie W.
Long Beach, CA
This movie is such a classic. Every person has to watch it at least once. It definitely teaches you the wonders of home. I have watched it countless times, and was even in the play once. You can never see this movie too many times. It is an American Classic.
Shelly B.
Holly Springs, MS
I love how my seven yr old son can quote this movie. It's timeless! It says a lot for a movie that can hold up through generations. My mo enjoyed it, I enjoyed it , and now my son.
Bethann B.
Jamestown, PA
Who doesn't like the classic wizard of oz, but it made my son cry when he was little. He wouldn't watch it again till he was 15 because the flying monkey gave him nightmares.
bianca l.
New Orleans, LA
Classic. Fashion inspiration to this day! Sure the plot seems a bit dull, but who can hate a film that lead to THE WIZ being produced? Now that was an amazing film and cast!
Jennifer T.
What a fantastic classic movie! I highly recommend watching this because not only is it the original, but it is every entertaining! My favorite character is the tin man. haha
Victoria A.
Inverness, FL
Grew up sitting by the TV watching The Wizard of Oz with popcorn and kool-aid. This movie is definitely a family oriented movie that can be used to spend time together.
Griselda R.
It's a classic. No child should grow up without watching this movie. I don't even take points off for the differences in the book vs the movie. It's great just as it is.
Stephanie S.
Charlotte, NC
What's everybody's favorite part of the movie?
Ashley D.
Sikeston, MO
Who is you favorite character in the wizard of oz?
Michala F.
Was anyone else terrified of the Wicked Witch of the West?
Sofie B.
Kalmar, Sweden
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Would you consider this a classic?
Cindy S.
Rio Grande Cy, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where can I order this dvd