The Wizard of Oz uploaded by Sofie B.

BY VICTOR FLEMING #84 in Movies

"There's no place like home..." Entirely remastered, the colorful characters and unforgettable songs of Oz come alive as never before. This magical cinematic event finds Kansas farm girl Judy Garland ("A Star is Born," "Meet Me in St. Louis") caught in a tornado and magically transported to the Land of Oz. Needing help to return home, she is told to follow the Yellow Brick Road and find the powerful Wizard (Frank Morgan). On her perilous journey, she is befriended by the Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), the Tin Man (Jack Haley), and the Cowardly Lion (Bert Lahr) who help her battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton) and her flying monkeys. Based on the classic book by Frank L. Baum, "The Wizard of Oz" is a dazzling motion picture achievement, featuring unforgettable songs (including Oscar-winner "Over the Rainbow"), scenery, and costumes. The film had 5 Academy Award nominations, and Garland was awarded a special Oscar for her outstanding performance.

Shannon B.
Stevens Point, WI
One of my absolute favorite classics to watch, and is actually one of the reasons why I got into theater and the performing arts! I love the storyline, the characters, the journey, the songs, the colors... everything about it is truly masterful!
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
Such a classic film. I loved how it very accurately depicted the novel without changing the content or messing up the plot. Judy Garland was lovely in the film, and gave an amazing performance. The flying mokeys are scary as hell though, for real.
Nora C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love the Wizard of Oz so much. I grew up watching this and wanting to be Dorothy . It will always bring back happy memories of my childhood. I could listen to the songs on Pandora radio all day. If you haven't seen it, you need to! It's a classic.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This is a classic! I don't know anyone that doesn't love this movie, even if they don't want to admit it. It's truly amazing especially for the time the movie was created. It's a stunning movie visually and a great adventure to watch!
Rita R.
Mercedes, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
By far my all time favorite movie! I don't care how overrated this movie is, I'll watch it every time it's on TV or will just put it in the blu ray player. It never gets old!! I recommend everyone watching it, if they haven't.
Nicole H.
Vilonia, AR
Childhood classic. This movie brings back so many memories in my childhood it brings a big smile to my face. Every time I watch it I get chills. As odd as that sounds. Lol. But its a great family movie. Great for the kids and adults to enjoy together and share some laughs.
Marisol A.
Pico Rivera, CA
I know people are in love with this movie but I could it a bit irritating. Enjoyed? NOT AT ALL
Props to those who made it because it was the first colored movie but that doesn't change my opinion on the movie. I wouldn't recommend it
Crystal  H.
Virginia Bch, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My favorite movie of all time! My dad bought me the VHS for my 5th birthday and I have been obsessed ever since. Our first Christmas together, my then-boyfriend now-husband bought me the collector's edition DVD set. I can never ever get tired of this movie. There really is no place like home <3
Ashley I.
Logansport, IN
I loved this movie as a child. And now my kids watch it with me. It is a great classic that can be passed down. I love playing the sound track on long road trips. Kids sing and act out the songs.
Cecelia T.
Fruitport, MI
A classic. Loved watching this movie whenever it was aired on TV when I was little, which wasn't that often because there were only the 3 major TV networks back then. Just read the book Wicked and it gave me a totally different perspective.
Stephanie S.
Charlotte, NC
What's everybody's favorite part of the movie?
Ashley D.
Sikeston, MO
Who is you favorite character in the wizard of oz?
Michala F.
Was anyone else terrified of the Wicked Witch of the West?
Sofie B.
Kalmar, Sweden
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Would you consider this a classic?
Cindy S.
Rio Grande Cy, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where can I order this dvd