The Wizard of Oz uploaded by Sofie B.

BY VICTOR FLEMING #84 in Movies

"There's no place like home..." Entirely remastered, the colorful characters and unforgettable songs of Oz come alive as never before. This magical cinematic event finds Kansas farm girl Judy Garland ("A Star is Born," "Meet Me in St. Louis") caught in a tornado and magically transported to the Land of Oz. Needing help to return home, she is told to follow the Yellow Brick Road and find the powerful Wizard (Frank Morgan). On her perilous journey, she is befriended by the Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), the Tin Man (Jack Haley), and the Cowardly Lion (Bert Lahr) who help her battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton) and her flying monkeys. Based on the classic book by Frank L. Baum, "The Wizard of Oz" is a dazzling motion picture achievement, featuring unforgettable songs (including Oscar-winner "Over the Rainbow"), scenery, and costumes. The film had 5 Academy Award nominations, and Garland was awarded a special Oscar for her outstanding performance.

Jessie H.
Mossley , Ontario
By far my favorite movie for childhood and adulthood. The wizard of Oz takes you on a journey where you feel as though you are following the yellow brick road right along side dorothy and her new friends. This is an absolute must watch for all ages.
Sofie B.
Kalmar, Sweden
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I watched this movie for the first time today. Have heard a lot about it and I understand why it's a popular movie. It's funny and it feels like a great movie for all ages.
Diane B.
This is one of my all-time favorite movies! It's an oldie but goodie. I'm not the only one that loves this movie... My kids AND my grand kids love it too! Great story line.
Nicola H.
one of my favourite childhood films that i still love to watch now! it’s a timeless classic and one that will always spark memories! 🦁🐯🐻
HOLLY R.
MADISONVILLE TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I watched this movie when I was little and now my daughter watches it. My sister thinks certain parts in the movie is scary.
Lisa T.
Absolutely love this old time classic! I enjoyed it as a kid,and also as a grown up watching it with my daughter growing up!
Louisa
Ontario
Still an amazing movie. One of our family favorites. Full of history and great memories.
lisa c.
memramcook, NB
This was a great movie growing up and my daughter enjoys this movie too great family movie
Stephanie S.
Charlotte, NC
What's everybody's favorite part of the movie?
Ashley D.
Sikeston, MO
Who is you favorite character in the wizard of oz?
Michala F.
Was anyone else terrified of the Wicked Witch of the West?
Sofie B.
Kalmar, Sweden
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Would you consider this a classic?
Cindy S.
Rio Grande Cy, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where can I order this dvd