The Wizard of Oz uploaded by Sofie B.

BY VICTOR FLEMING #76 in Movies

"There's no place like home..." Entirely remastered, the colorful characters and unforgettable songs of Oz come alive as never before. This magical cinematic event finds Kansas farm girl Judy Garland ("A Star is Born," "Meet Me in St. Louis") caught in a tornado and magically transported to the Land of Oz. Needing help to return home, she is told to follow the Yellow Brick Road and find the powerful Wizard (Frank Morgan). On her perilous journey, she is befriended by the Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), the Tin Man (Jack Haley), and the Cowardly Lion (Bert Lahr) who help her battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton) and her flying monkeys. Based on the classic book by Frank L. Baum, "The Wizard of Oz" is a dazzling motion picture achievement, featuring unforgettable songs (including Oscar-winner "Over the Rainbow"), scenery, and costumes. The film had 5 Academy Award nominations, and Garland was awarded a special Oscar for her outstanding performance.

Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
As a child I loved this movie and as an adult it’s become one of my favorite classics. However I’ll admit I was frightened by the witch and her wild monkeys when I was younger. And now the idea of a flying monkey still freaks me out. Costume design, makeup, and the music are my favorite parts! My favorite character would have to be The Cowardly Lion! I think my favorite scene would have to be Dorothy’s somewhere over the rainbow.
Tonya A.
Amelia, OH
My all time favorite. A classic. I watch this when I am feeling blue. It always makes me feel chipper. I've loved this movie since I was a little girl and now I watch it with my daughters.
Robin C.
Bergenfield, NJ
One of my favorite childhood movies! According to my mother, I was obsessed with the flying monkeys from a young age...and that never changed! I still watch it at least once a year and love the nostalgic feel it gives me; like I'm five years old again and full of wonder!
Ashley S.
Hainesville, IL
This is my favorite movie of all time. Its a cute little movie for families and young ones that truly shows there is no place like home with the people you love and care for. I love the scene where they are fixing the tin man because they try so hard to reach what they want.
Stephanie L.
Dallas, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
this is a everybody got to see movie.i couldnt tell you how many times i seen it,and im not tired of it.the munchkins were so funny.the dog toto was so cute.very good acting.i use to think if i got in a tornato when i was little it would carry me away like that.
Tammy B.
Hephzibah
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This was my favorite movie as a kid. I remember waiting all year for it to come on lol. I used to wanna be Dorothy, and visit the Emerald City. This is the best kids movie ever!
Hannah S.
Union, NJ
I watched this on a plane while travelling from Philippines to US. Althought I pretty know the story plot I enjoyed watching it. I'm not a fan of musical movies but I adore the musical scenes of this movie. It makes your mind wander to magical place of Oz. I would actually prefer this movie more than the modern Oz movie we have nowadays.
Eden B.
Saratoga Spgs, UT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I grew up watching this film every Thanksgiving . As soon as my kids were old enough to not be afraid of the wicked witch of the west , we bought it on D do. Still love it. Just Garland is simply lovely and the iconic characters and story line are classics.
Meme M.
My favorite movie from childhood. I remember that every fall it would be on television and my mom would make it a special treat night and we got to stay up late to watch the whole thing. I carried on the tradition with my own children and I hope they do the same (except it's now only a click away and you can watch it anytime!). A true classic that also set the pace for color on screen!
Renee C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is truly a classic. I love this movie and still watch it every time it comes on tv. I have to admit, the scene with the flying monkey still scare me a little bit. They look so menacing but overall the movie was great. The acting by everyone was amazing!
Stephanie S.
Charlotte, NC
What's everybody's favorite part of the movie?
Ashley D.
Sikeston, MO
Who is you favorite character in the wizard of oz?
Michala F.
Was anyone else terrified of the Wicked Witch of the West?
Sofie B.
Kalmar, Sweden
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Would you consider this a classic?
Cindy S.
Rio Grande Cy, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where can I order this dvd