The Wizard of Oz

by Victor Fleming

"There's no place like home..." Entirely remastered, the colorful characters and unforgettable songs of Oz come alive as never before. This magical cinematic event finds Kansas farm girl Judy Garland ("A Star is Born," "Meet Me in St. Louis") caught in a tornado and magically transported to the Land of Oz. Needing help to return home, she is told to follow the Yellow Brick Road and find the powerful Wizard (Frank Morgan). On her perilous journey, she is befriended by the Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), the Tin Man (Jack Haley), and the Cowardly Lion (Bert Lahr) who help her battle the Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton) and her flying monkeys. Based on the classic book by Frank L. Baum, "The Wizard of Oz" is a dazzling motion picture achievement, featuring unforgettable songs (including Oscar-winner "Over the Rainbow"), scenery, and costumes. The film had 5 Academy Award nominations, and Garland was awarded a special Oscar for her outstanding performance.

Childhood movie??? Mine was The Wizard of Oz
Who would you want to be, if you had to be a character from the movie?
Where can I order this dvd
Start your review of The Wizard of Oz!
How would you rate this product?
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP
Classic movie that everyone should watch at least once! I can't wait to watch this again with my 5 yr old when she gets a little older!
Logansport, IN
I loved this movie as a child. And now my kids watch it with me. It is a great classic that can be passed down. I love playing the sound track on long road trips. Kids sing and act out the songs.
Ashland, OR
Classic movie! On my top 20 movie list. I wish I had a copy of it to watch right now.
Bella Vista, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 10
1,379 reviews
It’s hard to put into words just how classic “The Wizard of Oz” is to me and others. It’s a wonderful book which was adapted to a movie, and while the book is incredible the movie is just as great. There’s important life lessons like how home is important as well as making friends on our life journey. If you haven’t seen this movie, I highly recommend it!
Hephzibah, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This was my favorite movie as a kid. I remember waiting all year for it to come on lol. I used to wanna be Dorothy, and visit the Emerald City. This is the best kids movie ever!
Saratoga Spgs, UT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I grew up watching this film every Thanksgiving . As soon as my kids were old enough to not be afraid of the wicked witch of the west , we bought it on D do. Still love it. Just Garland is simply lovely and the iconic characters and story line are classics.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
1,901 reviews
This was an amazing classic film. I haven't watched this film in forever, but I remember watching it a lot. My aunt was obsessed with this movie, she even had a collectors edition and a pair of ruby red slippers. I'm not that into the movie, but it's still a must watch classic film.
Orlando, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I just love this movie, I have been seen it since I was a child. Wow it's such a good movie I just love to see it with my grandkids.
Bergenfield, NJ
One of my favorite childhood movies! According to my mother, I was obsessed with the flying monkeys from a young age...and that never changed! I still watch it at least once a year and love the nostalgic feel it gives me; like I'm five years old again and full of wonder!
Hainesville, IL
This is my favorite movie of all time. Its a cute little movie for families and young ones that truly shows there is no place like home with the people you love and care for. I love the scene where they are fixing the tin man because they try so hard to reach what they want.