BY CD PROJEKT RED

• Has anyone else read the original books the game is based...2 Answers
  • Is it easy to load on pc, and how much memory does it take?3 Answers
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (Xbox 360)
  • "The game play is so different that it really threw me for a loop." in 1 review
  • "Storyline is good and the combat system is a lot better than the first game." in 1 review
  • "I feel like I might be one of 12 people who've played these games because they liked the books they're based on and I definitely enjoyed The Witcher 2 over the first game." in 1 review
Heather C.
San Francisco, CA
I loved The Witcher. The first game was a lot of fun and easy to play. I recommend playing it first and then moving on to Assassins of Kings since the story is just after the first one.
If you haven't played the first game then you should know that Geralt is a dog when it comes to women. I th sleeps with just about anyone (or anything in a few cases). There's nudity, sex, violence, a ton of profanity, so this is not a game for kids.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is still fun, still has our dear Geralt, but playing it is different. It is a beautiful game, great cutscenes, but even my laptop had some issues with it. At least not the crash issues I had with the first game. I don't recommend playing The Witcher and then starting prompting on Assassins of Kings. The game play is so different that it really threw me for a loop. Some changes were odd, but acceptable, such as using potions before combat as a part of Meditation.
The new skill tree was wonky. Acceptable, but confusing when compared to the first game.
You used to hold CTRL to view items around you, now you have to engage your necklace with Z. CTRL has a whole new use now so it took me a while to break that habit.
Potion making was a nice change since I didn't have to hoard alcohol. You can only drink potions while meditating, in the Witcher you could drink them at any time.
Combat was changed, it feels a bit like Assassin's Creed. More button mashing, a bit more engaging but I don't think it was a positive change.
The inventory got confusing. Way more items, more junk, more crafting. Now instead of an inventory where I run out of space I have an inventory based on weight and can become over-encumbered. Those 64 pieces of iron really add up. I don't see why the inventory and crafting needed to be changed.
My biggest beef, the reason for the B, is that Assassins of Kings feels like a console game when you play on the PC. I never noticed this about The Witcher , the game felt perfect for a PC. But with Assassins of Kings they introduced those stupid wheels. It was so easy in The Witcher to pick my spell, equip items, see what was going on. In Assassins of Kings there is a wheel for changing them and I can never remember which number to press for my spells. Doing anything in an menu requires more clicks and moving the mouse. Even when changing mouse sensitivity things feel sluggish at times. Way more clicks, double clicks, hitting escape. A common problem I've found with games for the consoles and PC.
Still fun, still worth it, and I'll still play the 3rd if it comes out.
Samantha H.
Guntown, MS
I feel like I might be one of 12 people who've played these games because they liked the books they're based on and I definitely enjoyed The Witcher 2 over the first game. The combat is smooth but challenging (I'm sure you've heard people complaining about the difficulty). The characters are wonderful and I love the diverging storylines (I usually side with Iroveth.) I love that this is a game firmly rooted in gray; there is no good or bad. Trying to play like your standard issue golden hero of fantasy will actually cause a lot of grief. Everyone should give this one a shot.
Stephanie V.
This game reminded me a lot of Dragon Age. The lines were really cheesy but the game was fun. Not much to really do since it feels like you have to focus more on the storyline rather than side quests... And the game felt very short but I definitely enjoyed it during this past blizzard we had =)
Alia H.
Los Angeles, CA
This might just be my taste in genre, but I did not enjoy this game at all. I think the controls were a bit too convoluted and the tutorial was a lot to take in all at once.

I would recommend it to gamers who enjoy the fantasy genre, though.
joanne t.
Austin, TX
Yes , the Witcher series is based off of books by a polish author. Books aside, the game is great and very entertaining and fun. Storyline is good and the combat system is a lot better than the first game. Must buy in the series
Sarah C.
I had this for PC. I didn't like the first one. It was just too buggy. But this one was a lot better! The graphics were a little better, and there were less bugs. I would play this again. The third one is WAY better, though.
Natalie J.
I have this for PC and love it. I played The Witcher first, so it took me a bit to get used to the new controls, but the newer graphics just blow me away. I can't wait to finish it in time for the 3rd game.
Stacia B.
The fighting style in this game is much improved since Witcher 1. The story is really deep and full of political intrigue. A really enjoyable game to play that lasts for hours and hours.
Courtney B.
Rotterdam, NY
This is one of the best rpgs I've played since early FF. The storyline is complex and dynamic and there are several paths to take resulting in many possibilities. Very underrated.
coleen s.
This was a very fun game to play with good graphics! With it being on sale on steam its a reasonable price and i suggest picking it up and giving it a try
Brittany S.
Panama City Beach
Is it easy to load on pc, and how much memory does it take?
Samantha H.
Guntown, MS
Has anyone else read the original books the game is based on? It's one of my favorite fantasy series.