The Wife Upstairs - by Rachel Hawkins (Hardcover)

The Wife Upstairs - by Rachel Hawkins (Hardcover)

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of The Wife Upstairs - by Rachel Hawkins (Hardcover)!
How would you rate this product?
Kellen H.
Mingo Jct, OH
The Wife Upstairs - by Rachel Hawkins (Hardcover) uploaded by Kellen H.
This book was so good! All the twist and mystery made me keep reading to the end! If you love suspense, you will love this book! Book of the Month Club
Jigna P.
Richmond, CA
The Wife Upstairs - by Rachel Hawkins (Hardcover) uploaded by Jigna P.
Thriller. Secrets. Lies. Such a good and easy ready for all. This novel is packed with twists and turns that will keep you page turning till the end. Jane, who is a newbie meets the wealthily Eddie Rochester. Jane has a secret of her own and is willing to go lengths to hide them. Eddie isn’t so picture perfect either. Jane is determined to get to the bottom of the truth regarding Eddie’s wife’s disappearance a year ago. Just when you thought you figured out the truth about all the characters, they keep surprising you till the end! Definitely worth reading!!
Kelsey G.
Bolton, MA
Rating 3.5 Shocking, twisting, and enthralling all describe The book shares four different perspectives, which was interesting to read. The main character is Jane, a recent transplant from Arizona to an affluent neighborhood in Birmingham, Alabama. She is the neighborhood's dog walker, but she has her sights set on a bigger prize. I immediately felt like there was something "off" about her. Eddie is a secondary character who is a resident of Thornfield Estates. He recently lost his multi-millionaire wife, Bea, in a boating accident and her best friend, Blanche. Jane meets Eddie, and the two quickly form a relationship. Jane soon realizes that some secrets are impossible to keep hidden. The book's main point of contention is Jane's increasing obsession with Bea and the mystery surrounding her death. Jane even begins to question Eddie's alibi or lack thereof. Jane feels as if she can never live up to Bea, causing issues in the relationship. Without providing any spoilers, I found out quite quickly what had happened, who was or was not dead, who was or was not the murderer. I will say, I felt like I had been "Gone Girl-ed." While I could see where some of the plots were going, I most certainly did not see the revelations at the end of the book. The only part I struggled with was the switching between tenses. I would be reading one POV, and then it would switch to italics like a narrator was now speaking. I have read books where this happens, but it was just a bit jarring in this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who loved "Gone Girl," B.A. Paris' books, and who wants a quick but engaging read.

Looking for your answer?