The West Wing

by The West Wing

How does this compare to Designated Survivor?
I just discovered and loved this show! Do any other fans have a recommendation for a show that would be good to binge- watch next?
Start your review of The West Wing!
How would you rate this product?
3 years ago
Firstly, The 5 stars are both for the series itself, and the product itself. If you've never seen The West Wing, you're missing out on one of the best ensemble dramas there is. Not to mention it's a great insight (however fictional) into how the presidential office runs, and contains episodes with incredible story lines and issues (gov't shutdown? Homosexuals in the Military? A dictator causing mass genocide? Islamic Fundamentalists?) that sometimes end with the office 'winning' and sometimes with them losing. Whether you're a liberal or Democrat (the party of the president in the series) or not, you can appreciate the struggle and conflict inherent in running the nation. Plus there is an incredible cast.
3 years agoHattiesburg, MS
This is such a good show. I did not watch at the time, but came to it later through my husband and Netflix. I thoroughly recommend it, though only if you're interested in the art of politics and not the empty rhetoric of the current situation.
3 years agoAthens, GA
I have been watching this show nonstop since March, and I am obsessed! This is the best show in the history of TV, no question. I laugh, I cry, I reflect on my life daily. Bartlet for America, Santos for President, etc.
2 years agoBoca Raton, FL
A true classic that never grows old. Very epic - highly recommend it especially to the younger generation that may not be aware of how life was back then. The birthplace of shows like Scandal, Homeland, House Cards and Madam Secretary.
5 years ago
Let me start by saying this is essentially a very in-depth documentary, following a fictional President of the United States and his staff. Essentially very function of the Presidency was covered at some point, albeit it in an entertaining and thought provoking manner. Even though I agreed with precious little of the politics the show was espousing, I still found myself riveted throughout each episode. The writing by Aaron Sorkin and the phenomenal acting came together in a perfect storm of entertaining television. This show is more intellectual that most, and sometimes it can be difficult to follow if you aren't paying attention.
3 years agoSan Antonio, TX
A series that grabbed you from the first episode and kept you interested through the last. The legion of phenomenal actors that rotated through this show is to vast to name but does indicate the powerful acting associated with this series. Not only does one see the struggle that a president faces to get elected, and the what they endure in office but that of everyone closely associated with those processes. It does take a huge village to run a country and the personal toll is not inconsequential. A great series, worth a slot in your Netflix watch list.
3 years agoFargo, ND
This is probably my all-time favorite television show. It's a nobel look at politics and while there is some drama, it's not incredibly over-exaggerated like other political dramas. The characters are well developed and even thought the show ended several years ago, you can still watch episodes now and see the same principles and situations that apple to politics today #Bartlet4President
5 years agoBaltimore, MD
I never wanted this to end, but we all knew it had to. It showed what it was like to work in the White House, how smart and dedicated you had to be. How hard it is to make the tough decisions. It made me wish that everyone was as honest as the actors portraying them to be were. There was a fair amount of Hollywood preachyness, but you didn't even mind it. And the best part, the series never talks down to its audience. One of favorite series and it made me hate politics a lot less!
3 years agoHernando, FL
Martin Sheen is AWESOME!!! His acting in this show is spot on. As for the show itself, you can't even tell that it's a scripted shoe. If someone was watching this for the first time and knew nothing about it, they would think it's the actual white House. The actors and actresses on this show are superb! Awesome series...
3 years agoBelmont, CA
One of my absolute most favorite shows out there. Sometimes edges into preachy but the characters are so well developed and acted that it still feels deeply human. A very idealistic picture of government in many ways but super fun to watch and as much about interpersonal relationships as it is about politics.