BY AMC #13 in TV

FROM RAW RECRUIT TO COMBAT HERO In July 1965, Pfc. Craig Roberts crossed the Da Nang River with the 9th Marines - into the heart of a jungle alive with savage Viet Cong. Eight months later his unit would be called. THE WALKING DEAD In constant danger, they flushed the enemy from tunnels and rat traps; defused lethal mines, punji pits, and trip wires; and scored countless hits in ambushes, sweeps, and all-out firefights. From booby-trapped villages to battles at Cam Ne, Le Son, the Phong Le Bridge, and in "Operation Starlight," they shared incredible risks, comradeship, and pride. Now Roberts tells the gripping tale of their war. Shot down and rescued, wounded in action, Roberts survived against fantastic odds and served as an automatic rifleman, recon leader, sniper, and as an advisor to a Combined Action Company of ARVN Rangers. Transformed from an ordinary nineteen-year-old into a deadly killer, he was the recipient of ten decorations, including two Purple Hearts, the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry, and a Combat Action Ribbon. His memoir is a story of extraordinary challenges met for honor, freedom, and the Corps.

Buy on Jet.com*
  • "I really didn't understand what the big fuss over it was but ever since I watched the first episode I've been hooked.The story line and characters are amazing.Its definitely more than just zombie killing." in 159 reviews
  • "Just started watching this show a couple of days ago.. Its not usually the type of show I watch but its different in an interesting kind of way." in 123 reviews
  • "I will admit the 2nd half of season 4 I was VERY disappointed and really didn't watch it except the last episode and how it ended I knew season 5 was going to be good." in 99 reviews
  • "At first I was very skeptical about it just because it was a zombie tv show and I hate those kind of themes but as he insisted I sat down and watch the first episode and got so into it I watch the whole season and now its like we cannot go out on a Sunday just because we NEED to watch the show." in 91 reviews
  • "I did not find the show until September 2013 I got so addicted to the show I watch all the previous seasons in 3 days...and here it is 2 years later and still my favorite show I love the storylines..." in 86 reviews
Madison Y.
Rochester, PA
This is hands down MY FAVORITE SHOW EVER. Not only am I obsessed with the tv show but I keep up with the comics also. I have to warn people when watching the show with me because I am so emotionally invested in it, people tend to be a little shocked. Especially when I start crying because my favorite characters head got smashed in (no spoilers). I have to warn that this  show is NOT for someone who can't handle some gore. There is killing in every episode, whether it be a human or a zombie. There are characters on the show that have been there since day one, but I you won't be able to watch this show without one of your favorite character dying. You'll get attached to the good guys, bad guys, and maybe even a couple of zombies. The show started out by showing conflict between the living vs the dead, but as time goes on you'll start to see that the real conflict is the living and the living. There are many twist and turns to keep your attention and leave you wanting more. Great writing, great special effects, and great actors. I would highly recommend this show
Blanca D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
It took me along time to finally fall on the Walking dead train. I didn't know what the fuss was about. I even watched "fearing the walking dead first" and still wasn't convinced about watching The walking dead. Until about 2 months ago or so, when I found about 6 seasons on Netflix and decided to catch up and see if the show was worth all the hype. And it did!
Oh how much it was worth it! Since the first episode I was on the edge of my couch, with interesting and fast going stories.
Yes, it's about zombies. Yes, zombies that are scary, slow, but "deathly".
Is so good of a show that you start loving some of the characters and hating others, because their stories and personalities are so different and distinct.
On this show, there's a lot of "death", a lot of blood, but also a lot of good friendships. But it is also a show about how everyone has to look after themselves, but also to learn how to team up to survive.
You will cheer up during the show, get disappointed, frustrated, sad, mad, shocked and happy. With this show, you wonder what would you do if you were in the same situation.
I hope we never have to worry about that.
Sooo I am a very big walking dead fan I’ve never missed an episode or season. I personally feel like there hasn’t been good zombie content on TV since like 09’ or 10’. So to see TWD on for so long and keep good content like that is awesome. I’ve always loved zombie anything so if you have gold quality zombies in your shows or movies I’m sold. Plus I think the characters on this show play there parts amazing. This is a must watch! And if you want to catch up on seasons Netflix and on demand has them all!
Wendy C.
Madera , CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Who doesn't love the walking dead I'm obsessed with this show watched since day one. I love how no actor is save one minute they are there next either dead or become a zombie. The walking dead is amazing. You'll either fall in love with the character or hate them. I promise this show won't disappoint you
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is one of my favorite shows and will be one I can watch over and over again. There are plenty of zombie series but this by far is my favorite! The acting is amazing, the set design is phenomenal, and the makeup is suberb! The most recent premier episode is by far my favorite to this date. I have never been so effected by an television episode in my life! This show will be a top show even to my children!
Kat T.
Fort Wayne, IN
I was a little late on The Walking Dead train when it first came out. I did watch the first season in 1 day. After that, I couldn't stop watching it. I was so addicted. The story line is easy to follow and you fall in love with the characters. My favorite part of this series is watching each character evolve. Carol's transformation from the first season to the current season is mind blowing. She was a timid, pathetic mouse of a woman. Now, she is strong, independent, and bad ass. Season 1 and season 2 are by far my favorite seasons. Those seasons were more about surviving the zombie apocalypse and killing walkers. Now, it is more about the drama between each character and killing other people. I wish they would bring back more of the rawness from the first 2 seasons. This is still a show I can't stop watching. I must know how it ends!
Michelle B.
Rome
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I may be one of the only people in the world that does not like this show.  I don't really understand what all the hype is about...it is just so unrealistic. My husband used to watch this religiously but then when I would watch it with him I would have to ask why something happened the way it did and I apparently ruined it for him because then he realized how unrealistic it all was too....OOPS!
Whitnie N.
My favorite show on TV! Not only is the acting great and the zombies so believable. The Characters are just encreadable! When the first season started the characters were weak, terrified of there new life, but as you watch you see them evolve into almost super heroes and face this world with there fists heals high! Facing new obsticals, fighting the dead, and fearing the living!
Stephanie L.
New Providence
Ohhhh my lord. So after a lot of convincing from my friends who watched this show I finally began watching this. I usually hate zombie movies / shows and find them super cheesy, but this show changed my mind completely. I’ve never watched a show so quickly. I watched all 7 seasons that were on Netflix in literally 2 weeks and have never felt so emotionally attached to characters.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
So if this were earlier in the show, I likely would have given this series a 5 star review. The first several seasons are absolutely amazing, terrifying, and make you sit on the edge of your seat watching them! I would seriously be sweating for the characters as they were chased by walkers. It was that good. However, more recent seasons have slowed down, and for about 2 seasons I was like "why am I even watching this still?". I guess just being committed to the characters and the series. Then this most latest season did pick up, and I actually fell back in love with it. But those 2 seasons that were slow really made me not like the series as much - that was a lot of time that the story was super slow and not at all interesting.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Favorite character?? :)
India J.
Somerton
Who were you most upset to see die?
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA
My friends are obsessed with this show. Is it really that good?
Bailey F.
Jackson, GA
Which character do you think the producers should kill off??
Christine T.