The Walking Dead
FROM RAW RECRUIT TO COMBAT HERO In July 1965, Pfc. Craig Roberts crossed the Da Nang River with the 9th Marines - into the heart of a jungle alive with savage Viet Cong. Eight months later his unit would be called. THE WALKING DEAD In constant danger, they flushed the enemy from tunnels and rat traps; defused lethal mines, punji pits, and trip wires; and scored countless hits in ambushes, sweeps, and all-out firefights. From booby-trapped villages to battles at Cam Ne, Le Son, the Phong Le Bridge, and in "Operation Starlight," they shared incredible risks, comradeship, and pride. Now Roberts tells the gripping tale of their war. Shot down and rescued, wounded in action, Roberts survived against fantastic odds and served as an automatic rifleman, recon leader, sniper, and as an advisor to a Combined Action Company of ARVN Rangers. Transformed from an ordinary nineteen-year-old into a deadly killer, he was the recipient of ten decorations, including two Purple Hearts, the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry, and a Combat Action Ribbon. His memoir is a story of extraordinary challenges met for honor, freedom, and the Corps.see more...
Top Questions See all 2,555 Q&A
- "I really didn't understand what the big fuss over it was but ever since I watched the first episode I've been hooked.The story line and characters are amazing.Its definitely more than just zombie killing." in 159 reviews
- "Just started watching this show a couple of days ago.. Its not usually the type of show I watch but its different in an interesting kind of way." in 123 reviews
- "I will admit the 2nd half of season 4 I was VERY disappointed and really didn't watch it except the last episode and how it ended I knew season 5 was going to be good." in 99 reviews
- "At first I was very skeptical about it just because it was a zombie tv show and I hate those kind of themes but as he insisted I sat down and watch the first episode and got so into it I watch the whole season and now its like we cannot go out on a Sunday just because we NEED to watch the show." in 91 reviews
- "I did not find the show until September 2013 I got so addicted to the show I watch all the previous seasons in 3 days...and here it is 2 years later and still my favorite show I love the storylines..." in 86 reviews
Oh how much it was worth it! Since the first episode I was on the edge of my couch, with interesting and fast going stories.
Yes, it's about zombies. Yes, zombies that are scary, slow, but "deathly".
Is so good of a show that you start loving some of the characters and hating others, because their stories and personalities are so different and distinct.
On this show, there's a lot of "death", a lot of blood, but also a lot of good friendships. But it is also a show about how everyone has to look after themselves, but also to learn how to team up to survive.
You will cheer up during the show, get disappointed, frustrated, sad, mad, shocked and happy. With this show, you wonder what would you do if you were in the same situation.
I hope we never have to worry about that.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos