The Walking Dead uploaded by Axy D.The Walking Dead uploaded by Baylee C.The Walking Dead uploaded by Rachel C.See all 113 photos

BY THE WALKING DEAD #7 in TV

FROM RAW RECRUIT TO COMBAT HERO In July 1965, Pfc. Craig Roberts crossed the Da Nang River with the 9th Marines - into the heart of a jungle alive with savage Viet Cong. Eight months later his unit would be called. THE WALKING DEAD In constant danger, they flushed the enemy from tunnels and rat traps; defused lethal mines, punji pits, and trip wires; and scored countless hits in ambushes, sweeps, and all-out firefights. From booby-trapped villages to battles at Cam Ne, Le Son, the Phong Le Bridge, and in "Operation Starlight," they shared incredible risks, comradeship, and pride. Now Roberts tells the gripping tale of their war. Shot down and rescued, wounded in action, Roberts survived against fantastic odds and served as an automatic rifleman, recon leader, sniper, and as an advisor to a Combined Action Company of ARVN Rangers. Transformed from an ordinary nineteen-year-old into a deadly killer, he was the recipient of ten decorations, including two Purple Hearts, the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry, and a Combat Action Ribbon. His memoir is a story of extraordinary challenges met for honor, freedom, and the Corps.

• My friends are obsessed with this sho...I didn't really get into it bu... 51 Answers
  • Favorite character?? :)Glen! :( Daryl, and Michonne 123 Answers
  • Favorite character ????? rick for saure 7 Answers
Photos (109)
Buy on Walmart*
  • "I really didn't understand what the big fuss over it was but ever since I watched the first episode I've been hooked.The story line and characters are amazing.Its definitely more than just zombie killing." in 159 reviews
  • "Just started watching this show a couple of days ago.. Its not usually the type of show I watch but its different in an interesting kind of way." in 123 reviews
  • "I will admit the 2nd half of season 4 I was VERY disappointed and really didn't watch it except the last episode and how it ended I knew season 5 was going to be good." in 99 reviews
  • "At first I was very skeptical about it just because it was a zombie tv show and I hate those kind of themes but as he insisted I sat down and watch the first episode and got so into it I watch the whole season and now its like we cannot go out on a Sunday just because we NEED to watch the show." in 91 reviews
  • "I did not find the show until September 2013 I got so addicted to the show I watch all the previous seasons in 3 days...and here it is 2 years later and still my favorite show I love the storylines..." in 86 reviews
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Martinsburg, WV
EEEEEK! Time to get my nerd on. I'm crazy about TWD. I've read the graphic novels, I've played the video games, but more importantly I've religiously watched the show like my life depended on it. Its all great! The TWD franchise has definitely made a few bucks off of me. I an a total nerd. I've always had a love for the finer things in life, that bwjng ZOMBIES! I've been convinced the world will end in a Zombie Apocolypse since I was a brace-faced 11 year old, so years ago, when they decided to do The Walking Dead as a TV show, I couldn't have been more excited. I actually just researched every episode on Netflix in preparation for the new season in October. The Walking Dead does an awesome job at mixing gory amazingly disgusting and realisitic looking zombies, with still alive non-infected human issues and emotions. Over the years, TWD has become less about defeating the brain eating rotting flesh that's chasing them around, and more about defeating the evil in mankind. I do wish there was more zombie gore, but I love the characters in TWD. The show had emotionally attached me to every single character, and the biggest threat is no longer those rotting corpses trying to taking a bite out of you, it's the evil that lives next door. It's the group of people that you pass on the road. It's become as constant struggle of whether to trust or to kill. And I love it! I'm so excited about Neegan and Lucille making their debut, and I'm waiting with bated breath to find out the outcome of the seriously gut wrenching cliff hanger that was the last episode of the last season. This show seriously grabs your heart and doesn't let go. I feel emotionally responsible for the well-being of a group of characters I've never even met! Okay, like every show there has been some ".......... When is this storyline going to climax.....? " parts. There is a few of those episodes in almost every season, but I'm okay with that. For me, those episodes aren't just fillers, they are getting me more involved with the characters and their individual storyline. This show also has a habit of bouncing back and forth between storyline, especially in the season involving the governor. One episode would be completely about the prison and then you wouldn't see the prison or anyone in it for a few epsisodes, and at the time, that would drive me crazy, but after re-watching the show, it made sense how they did it, and I feel like it kept viewers watching because they were so anxious to find out what was going on with their favorite characters. TWD is awesome at creating villains that you love to hate. Villains that are so despicable, you are anxiously waiting for their horrific demise, but sad to see them go. My current favorite character is Lucille, lol JK, but it is Neegan (is there 1 or 2 e's in his name?). We've only just met him on the last episode, but I can already tell I love him. Man, I love the bad boys. He is pure evil but he is hilarious and a smarta**, so basically my soulmate. I can't wait to see his character development. I have read all the graphic novels but I try not lot them interfere with my thoughts about the characters on the show, because they've taken so many of them in a different direction than the comics.
Okay. I know, I've rambled on forever about this show, but I have one last comment. Lorie! Everyone hated and still hates Lorie, and I don't understand why. Yes, it wasn't very lady like to start screwing your husband's best friend right after his "death" but that's my point, she thought he was dead! Maybe I'm just bias because I love Sara Wayne Callies (HELLO PRISON BREAK! I 💔 YOU MICHAEL SCHOFIELD!) I loved her as Lorie, and I think her character was great. Yeah, she made some bad choices, and could've kept her eye on that little brat Carl a little better, but hello, she's a human! Oh lord, I'm pretty sure TWD has warped with my reality as I'm now talking about and defending characters like they are my best friend, so I should probably wrap this up! If you love zombies, or think you might be interested in the demise of humanity mixed with flesh eating walking corpses, you need to watch The Walking Dead!
dam m.
dam m.
Santa Clarita, CA
I love horror and outre film and television, but, no pun intended, I thought until "The Walking Dead" that the zombie genre was a played out mining town. Starting far back with Bela Lugosi's fantastic "White Zombie" all the way up through the masterpiece "Night of the Living Dead" and ending in satire with the hilarious "Army of Darkness" and "Shaun of the Dead," I thought myself to be on safe ground in this harshly critical assessment. Sometimes, it's a pleasure to be flat wrong.

I watched all six episodes of this, and cannot wait for the next season. It's an ensemble acting piece, so focus never lingers too long on any one particular character. This is a brilliant opening gambit for television since the viewer can, in a way, vicariously share the dread of "just getting to know someone" and then have them ripped away, either by the evil of men, mischance, or zombie attack. Some think that the acting is contrived. I do not. All of the characters are on edge, just up to the point of hysteria, and played consistently thus. True, it can make for one-note dialogue and predictable, archetypal situations, but what other notes might there be in the opening month of the end of the world, and a world not only ending but grown hideously hostile to boot? It will be interesting to see how the actors manage the change into something "else" as they adapt to a zombie-filled world, and I hope they are up to the challenge. From the looks of things thus far, they are.

And this makes the title especially provocative. One would assume that "The Walking Dead" refers to zombies. I am not sure of that at all. Here, the undead are the backdrop to the action, not the action itself. The action lies in the excellent ensemble acting and cleverly turned scripting. It may well unfold that the living are the ones who end up truly meriting that disturbing title, not the once-human shambling mounds of flesh haunting the desolate streets of "Necropolis Atlanta." I have an odd suspicion that by the end of season two, the mindless juggernaut of zombie hordes will be a pale shadow compared to the darker and more malevolent forces that can shape the human soul into something far more fearful and terrifying. And these six shows set up that subtle possibility with suprising elegance as the normal turns suddenly abnormal and the "brave new world" or both urban and rural America comes bloodily undone.

This is not a show for the faint of heart. The make-up and effects for television are very well done and almost entirely convincing. The adult situations, profanity, and desperate sexuality also make "The Walking Dead" unsuitable for minors. But for adults, this is nothing less than a treat and not a "guilty pleasure."

So spread the word. Zombies are back, and very scary again. Almost as scary as the people trying to outlive them. Five stars.
Rachael E.
Rachael E.
I have always been a bit of a zombie connoisseur, if I may. From Zach Snyders dawn of the dead to Marc Forsters World War Z (ps read that book, it's even better than the movie!). Some of my other favorites include the classic Romero movies like Dawn of the Dead, Day of the living dead, Night of the Living Dead and... Well the list literally could go on forever!! The Resident evil series?... Yep! Saw it multiple times in theatre! Also, one of my all time favorite movies is Zombieland.

Whether it's and intense, on the edge of you seat thriller zombie movie like World War Z or the modern Dawn of the Dead... or the cheesy, but classic Romero zombie movies that we all love.... all the way down to the hilarious, but awesome comedy zombie movies like Zombieland or Shaun of the Dead.... I literally love them ALL! Side note: everyone knows the only good thing about Call of Duty World at War or the Black Ops series is the zombie mode!!!! Pretty much what I'm saying is IF THERES ZOMBIES IM THERE.

Only thing, after my favorite zombie movies were over, I always found myself wanting more! And usually sequels, with exception of the resident evil series, usually sucked. So when I head they were making a TV SERIES out of the graphic novel, The Walking Dead, I literally was so excited that I screamed...out loud.... At work....lol.

Since then, I have watched literally every single episode since the show first aired. I even stared watching the spin-off series Fear of the walking Dead. I love all the characters and the way the director makes you fall in love with every single one of them. Even the most hatable character, you feel like you lose a piece of yourself when they get killed off. I also love how even though they seem to be following the graphic novel's story line, there are still some very notable differences. Those notable differences are what really keeps me on the edge of my seat because you never know when or where they are going to stray from the novel and do something crazy like kill off your favorite character! Most notably, with the season finale of season 6, If they choose to follow the graphic novel it's probably going to be Glen who was killed by Negan (whom I really hate to love, btw). BUT if the director decides to throw us a curve ball, which he has several times, it could literally be ANYBODY. It just better not be Daryl. My review might change a bit after the premier of season 7 if it is! That's all I'm sayin.

COME ON OCTOBER!!
Nicole B.
Nicole B.
****Spoilers for newest season ahead******

After the last season, I feel like giving four stars is almost too generous. Never have I ever been so disappointed in a season finale than I have with this one.

The reason I did choose to still give four stars is because this series is so, so good. For YEARS my husband has been beggingg me to give it a chance. I noped out after the episode in season one where they pasted themselves in zombie guts. Tried again, same thing. Nope, nope, nope. The third time my hubs covered my eyes and told me to just watch what happens after.

I was hooked.

I finished all seasons in a couple weeks and was left hungry for more. Everyone is right when they claim it isn't a zombie show per se. It's a drama that zombies happen to be in. The characters are fleshed out, stay true to themselves, and theres more likeable guys than dislikeable. Up until this season, it seemed that the creators fully understood this was the end of the world as they knew it, and not everyone would survive. We lost favorite characters, we introduced new favorites.

Then this season happened and that went out the window. I know the writers have their reasons, and beg us to stay with them for the payoff. But really. So many times the gang scraped by the seat of their pants with zero casualties. Then the finale. Oh, the finale. I get it from a ratings standpoint. Not showing who is offed all but guarantees viewership. But it felt cheap. I enjoyed it up until the final scene. You really felt the groups discouragement while we followed them constantly being stopped by Neegan's crew. But come on. Not showing who it was really ruined the amazing performance by the actor's (whose name slips my mind) flawless performance. Better luck next season i suppose.
Hannah E.
Hannah E.
The Walking Dead is an original series that is aired on AMC (American Movie Channel) every Sunday night. The show’s main characters include Andrew Lincoln playing the lead role of Rick. There is also Daryl Dixon, playing a major role as Daryl, and there are also many other characters important to the plot. The show is all about how Andrew Lincoln’s character, Rick, a police officer, gets injured, goes into a coma, and when he awakes finds himself in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. After finding his family, Rick sets out with his group to find a safe place to live and survive the zombie nightmare. The Walking Dead is a show that will have its viewers coming back every week for more.
The show has been very successful because of the audience’s ability to emotionally relate to the characters of the show and imagine themselves in the same exact situation as them, fighting to survive through a zombie apocalypse. On the premiere of season 5 for The Walking Dead, the show received an enormous 17.3 million viewers making in the most watched drama series telecast in basic cable series history. The idea of being in a zombie apocalypse and fighting to survive is a highly popular topic in today’s culture. The show is very suspenseful putting you on the edge of your seat anxiously waiting to see what will happen next. The show is very well written and the story line is solid. The writers do a good job of not throwing random scenes in just to improve ratings, but keep every move they make relative to increase the story line of the show.
I highly recommend The Walking Dead to anyone. The show is appropriate for almost any age group above the age of 15. The Walking Dead is addictive and will have you dying for more.
Erinn C.
Erinn C.
When this show first came out, I was ecstatic. It was groundbreaking during that time because there were virtually no sci-fi/fantasy shows that really did it "right" IMHO. The series keeps you on the edge of your seat. There's so much emotion throughout it, and you start to wonder how you would deal with a zombie apocalypse (or any kind of apocalypse for that matter) as you watch it. It gives you stuff to think about. It tests your morals, your integrity, and your empathy while you watch it. It shows you how people change when society falls apart. While the show itself has a LOT of unbelievable parts, on the by and large, it's a good way to introduce people to ideas you don't want to think about, but perhaps should. Entertainment value is high, and characters are well-executed. I've hung on through each season, though I do feel like later seasons are falling apart. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't mention exactly why, but let's just say that it feels like they're running out of ideas. Maybe some of this could be attributed to the characters "hardening" after so long of dealing with walkers, but some scenes drag on or become predictable because the character's growth seems to have stopped. All in all, The Walking Dead is a great series that will entertain you thoroughly. It's not shy about taboo topics and blends the good with the bad seamlessly. Once you get to the later seasons, you can make a decision as to whether you feel the same way that I do about things falling off.
Brittany T.
Brittany T.
Spurger, TX
The Walking dead is one of the best shows I watch. Even if you don't like zombies with everything in the show and how intense it can get. You began to care about the characters on the show. My two favorites are Rick and Daryl. I love how Rick is such a protective father of his kids and does what he has to do to protect his people who have become his family. Daryl seems like he would be a bad guy in the beginning because of how his brother Marla is but he is sweet, careing, good guy who wants to protect the people who cares about. And don't even get me started on how great Daryl and Ric bromance is but there is so many good characters and storylines on the show. That you can of wish to be part of the zombie apocalypse with them. I use to say all the time I would never watch the show but one day when I was on Netflix I finally was like i am going to give this show a chance even though I don't care about Zombies but I love the show so much it keeps me on my toes while also pulling my heart strings. It kind of makes me wish for a zombie apocalypse just so I can find my own Daryl and kick some zombie butt. Cuz the show has definitely taught me one or two things. Rather you like zombies or not give this show a chance, I bet you want regret it!!!!!
Aurie J.
Aurie J.
Dothan, AL
I absolutely LOVE this show. I became addicted from episode 1 and have loved every single episode since. I look forward to watching The Walking Dead each week and totally go through major withdrawals when it isn't on... summer break and winter break are killer. I never miss an episode and own all the DVDs. I love all the characters and definitely become emotionally attached to them all. The writers and producers are so talented and keep me hooked every episode. I love that the people can be just as dangerous as the zombies. It is very suspenseful which I love and has me literally standing on the couch stressing out about whats coming next. The emotions that this show inflicts are real and tangible. I get dragged in to every single plot line and feel an emotional attachment to each character and each season. I love that while the flesh eating zombies are a real and dangerous threat that the more evil and vile threat is that of mankind. This show shows you the worst that a human can and will do to survive. This show is probably a very accurate depiction of what life will be like if there ever is a Zombie apocalypse.
Eduarda J.
Eduarda J.
Las Vegas, NV
Erica N.
Erica N.
Dallas, TX
Addictive. I decided to begin watching this series after I heard from many sources that it was thrilling & addictive. I had also finished another series on Netflix & was looking for something new to watch. The first few episodes were slow but intriguing. By the end of the first season, I was hooked. The constant struggle the characters face to survive keeps me coming back for more -- even if I wish some of the characters would just finally have their brains eaten!! Of course this series is complete fiction, but that is part of the beauty of shows like this. The escape from politics in today's society is desperately needed. Even though this show offers up death & destruction like many other shows, it is done in a manner I have not yet experienced & is therefore the reason I keep coming back to watch. I would not allow young kids to watch. Sexual content & language are present but is minor in comparison to the violence & graphic nature of scenes involving death. This show is truly disgusting in a good way. Not for the faint of heart or easily terrified. If your kids suffer nightmares DO NOT LET THEM WATCH.
Staten Island, NY
Favorite character?? :)
India J.
India J.
Edwardsburg, Mi
Who were you most upset to see die?
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA
My friends are obsessed with this show. Is it really that good?
Bailey F.
Bailey F.
Jackson, GA
Which character do you think the producers should kill off??
Staten Island, NY