The Walking Dead

by AMC

#12 in TV Shows

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman, this gritty drama portrays life in the months and years that follow a zombie apocalypse. Led by former police officer Rick Grimes, his family and a group of other survivors find themselves constantly on the move in search of a safe and secure home. But the pressure each day to stay alive sends many in the group to the deepest depths of human cruelty, and Rick discovers that the overwhelming fear of the survivors can be more deadly than the zombies walking among them.

Was I the only crazy to watch this series?
WhhIch caracter is your favorite?
How many seasons of The Walking Dead (do you guess) there will be by the time the series is over? [product:the-walking-dead] on [brand:amc] or watch it on Netflix
Start your review of The Walking Dead!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...it was but ever since I watched the first episode I've been hooked.The story line and characters are amazing.Its definitely more than just zombie killing.” in reviews
“Just started watching this show a couple of days ago.. Its not usually the type of show I watch but its different in an interesting kind of way.” in reviews
“...and really didn't watch it except the last episode and how it ended I knew season 5 was going to be good.” in reviews
“...hate those kind of themes but as he insisted I sat down and watch the first episode and got so into it I watch the whole season and now its like we cannot go out on a Sunday just because we NEED to watch the show.” in reviews
“...previous seasons in 3 days...and here it is 2 years later and still my favorite show I love the storylines...” in reviews
Ballston Spa
I've been a fan of The Walking Dead ever since it came out. For so long I had waited for a good, realistic zombie series. No zombies that can run, no super-human/strength or intelligent zombies. None of that nonsense. Thank you TWD for being spot on how I picture the apocalypse. People may be upset over characters that change overtime or die, but realistically that's something thatll happen. Not everyone you meet from season one will be there forever and although sad makes sense, making it more realistic and easier to connect with. It keeps you on your toes and yes there might be a slow season or two but you have to remember TWD is a giant story and sometimes you need some background info or even filler episodes to get to where things need to be so dont give up on this show! Itll make you laugh, cry and hate a few antagonist more than you ever thought were possible. *insert Lucille here* 10/10 I love and suggest The Walking Dead. Along with an amazing story the actors are incredible and makeup is out of this world!
Clay City
The Walking Dead is currently as good or better than it has ever been. And that is saying something since it has been the best show on television ever since it premiered a decade ago, with the only possible exception being Breaking Bad. Many people have said it had a rough patch during seasons 7 and 8, though I personally liked the storylines just fine. However, since the opening minutes of season 9, new showrunner Angela Kang has injected a brand new life into the series. Both new and veteran cast members have stepped their game up to a new level and the writing has been excellent. The Whisperers, the show's current villains, are legitimately equal parts creepy and intriguing, with both Ryan Hurst and the always amazing Samantha Morton smashing their roles as Beta and Alpha. Negan is as great as ever and the world building continues to amaze. Those who quit on the show at any point are truly missing out. Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here, both on television and the big screen.
Rochdale, MA
Been a die hard fan since the beginning! No pun intended lol I even bought the whole box set on DVD to cherish forever <3 (mostly because I had just moved and didn't have cable, nonetheless!) Watching it again made me realize 1. either I'm slow or 2. there's alot going on and the writers deserve a raise! So many different story lines and over the top holy sh!t scenes! I've questioned my morals a time or two wondering "what would I have done?" And unadmittingly wishing that these were the end of times because I'd obviously be great at it!! Honestly though, Its not all zombies and gore it's about rebuilding society after a great cataclysm (sounds strangely familiar!) It explores the depths of ourselves that we keep hidden away, reserved for said zombie apocalypse. Its gritty and gory at times (RIP Glen) but thats what keeps it airing for 9+ seasons right?! Its for a reason! And its personal!!
Turtle Creek , PA
This show delivers an intelligent, well made storyline that the viewers will be drawn right into. This show is intensely gorey and has swearing when the characters are in peril. I would not recommend this show to anyone under the age of 13, but would highly recommend it to those who love zombie-based shows/movies. One of my all-time favorites television series not just for the action and scares but for the acting, special effects and drama ! A binge-worthy series for sure ! Not recommend for children under 18 I’d say due to the violence , gore and some sexual content - despite these factors each episode has a positive message behind it. The  main character, Eick Grimes.  is a father trying to do right and show his child that you can still do good and help people. Hugely recommend !
Street, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Walking Dead uploaded by Shana S.
I never watched the walking dead on tv until about season 7. I heard of the show and seen they had tons of fans but I thought it was going to be a stupid zombie show. Me and my bf binge watched the first 6 seasons one weekend on Netflix and we were hooked it was so good then. Then we started watching on tv season 7. But the last 2 seasons 9 & 10 really have made us lose interest. Like when season 10 started it wasn't something we really looked forward to. After season 9 it was so bad my bf said he wasn't watching anymore bcuz nothing happens and it's stupid now lol...and I never even watched the end of that season, I lost interest. I suggest it if you haven't seen it just for something nice to binge watch on netflix or something, but we've been losing interest and it's taking up space on my dvr now.
Fan since the start back in 2010, a decade later and still a loyal viewer. The only show about zombies that has really been able to keep an audience entertained because it's all about the characters. Their current situation, their background story, and their always unexpected future with many twists and turns. The show did have a season or two where it slowed down a bit which is why it lost some viewers, but in my opinion it was well worth the wait to be up to date and look back at everything as a whole. Would definitely recommend if you like dystopian storylines! *Still dream of being a walker extra on the show lol. The Walking Dead Team Daryl
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Omg when my husband bugged me to watch one episode I was annoyed. So many Vampire and supernatural shows. So I thought this'll be his kind of show... no way it is by far one of the top 5 favorite shows off all time. Among all the carnage is love stories, trusting strangers, team work. Struggles not just Zombies walking around eating people. I loved the cast and I'd be so angry when a big character died off. I would almost not want to watch. The here would come an even more compelling character. Sadly with this Corona virus I am often thinking if things get that bad...We have some ideas on survival. Seriously! I thought it was brilliant and I think in time I will watch again.
Phoenix
I have been a twc fan from day 1 and will be until the end. I love all the plot twists and unexpected events that happen multiple times in every season. It's amazing to me how realistic the dead look, and how graphic the fight scenes are. The passion of these actors to put on a great show is so apparent as they amaze me each and every episode. Thw Walking Dead is by far one of my favorite TV series out there and I will be sad when the day comes that the show ends. If you havent started this show yet, what are you waiting for get to it, you are just waisting precious veiwing time reading this. Lol 😆 Definitely watch this show its fabulous.
Bel Air, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
When The Walking Dead first came out, I had absolutely no interest or intention of watching it. When I was younger, I was a fan of horror and sci-fi stuff, but not so much as I get older. Thwy all just seem so cheesy. For three years, I everywhere I turned, all I saw or heard was The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead!!! Finally when they were starting the 4th season, I started watching it on Netflix starting from the beginning. Hooked!! Immediately!! The characters, the plot, the graphics! It was all great!! No spoilers! If you have been living under a rock, and haven't binged on this yet, you gotta! I've binged The Walking Dead about 6 times!! Lol
Canton, PA
OMG this show is out of this world good !! My BFF made me watch this show !! At first I did NOT want to,cuz I hate scary things,an zombies freak me out !! The first couple seasons I would freak out,an panic every time "walkers" where shown,but yet I could NOT stop watching !! After the first few seasons I would sit there binge watching an stuffing my face,and get excited every time something gorey happened !! Now me,an my daughter are obsessed and can't get enough of Daryl Dixon !! We are now in season 10 and watch religiously EVERY Sunday night !! IF you haven't seen this show yet...GO watch NOW....you won't regret it !!

292 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Scottsdale, AZ
il y a un mois
How many seasons of The Walking Dead (do you guess) there will be by the time the series is over? The Walking Dead on AMC or watch it on Netflix
Janie A. • il y a un mois
I wouldn't care if it never ends, lol. Plus all these movies and shows are helping the people in Georgia! Thanks for watching 😊
Regina, SK
il y a 2 mois
Brenda H. • il y a 2 mois
I'm not sure what your question is. The Walking Dead is THE best show thats been on.