BY AMC #9 in TV

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman, this gritty drama portrays life in the months and years that follow a zombie apocalypse. Led by former police officer Rick Grimes, his family and a group of other survivors find themselves constantly on the move in search of a safe and secure home. But the pressure each day to stay alive sends many in the group to the deepest depths of human cruelty, and Rick discovers that the overwhelming fear of the survivors can be more deadly than the zombies walking among them.

The Walking Dead
  • "I really didn't understand what the big fuss over it was but ever since I watched the first episode I've been hooked.The story line and characters are amazing.Its definitely more than just zombie killing." in 159 reviews
  • "Just started watching this show a couple of days ago.. Its not usually the type of show I watch but its different in an interesting kind of way." in 123 reviews
  • "I will admit the 2nd half of season 4 I was VERY disappointed and really didn't watch it except the last episode and how it ended I knew season 5 was going to be good." in 99 reviews
  • "At first I was very skeptical about it just because it was a zombie tv show and I hate those kind of themes but as he insisted I sat down and watch the first episode and got so into it I watch the whole season and now its like we cannot go out on a Sunday just because we NEED to watch the show." in 91 reviews
  • "I did not find the show until September 2013 I got so addicted to the show I watch all the previous seasons in 3 days...and here it is 2 years later and still my favorite show I love the storylines..." in 86 reviews
Blanca D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
It took me along time to finally fall on the Walking dead train. I didn't know what the fuss was about. I even watched "fearing the walking dead first" and still wasn't convinced about watching The walking dead. Until about 2 months ago or so, when I found about 6 seasons on Netflix and decided to catch up and see if the show was worth all the hype. And it did!
Oh how much it was worth it! Since the first episode I was on the edge of my couch, with interesting and fast going stories.
Yes, it's about zombies. Yes, zombies that are scary, slow, but "deathly".
Is so good of a show that you start loving some of the characters and hating others, because their stories and personalities are so different and distinct.
On this show, there's a lot of "death", a lot of blood, but also a lot of good friendships. But it is also a show about how everyone has to look after themselves, but also to learn how to team up to survive.
You will cheer up during the show, get disappointed, frustrated, sad, mad, shocked and happy. With this show, you wonder what would you do if you were in the same situation.
I hope we never have to worry about that.
Becca R.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I'd give this 10 stars if I could. Same with Game of Thrones, I didn't get the hype until I just recently watched all of TWD. Guys. If you haven't seen this do yourself a favor!! The show starts off not too scary, just a small town with the county sheriff as the main protagonist. Honestly I wasn't ever fearful of zombies until now 😂 The character development is on point and the storyline takes many detours and twists that you'll be wanting more. Negan is hilarious and a great villain. I just finished season 7 and will be seeing season 8 when it comes out on DVD or Netflix!
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham, PA
Sooo I am a very big walking dead fan I’ve never missed an episode or season. I personally feel like there hasn’t been good zombie content on TV since like 09’ or 10’. So to see TWD on for so long and keep good content like that is awesome. I’ve always loved zombie anything so if you have gold quality zombies in your shows or movies I’m sold. Plus I think the characters on this show play there parts amazing. This is a must watch! And if you want to catch up on seasons Netflix and on demand has them all!
Cinthya A.
Fort Myers
I love this show. At first is hard to get into it but once after episode 3 it starts to get more and more interested. It is my favorite show to watch. I have to say I'm in season 6 and it gets more interesting. A must watch show, I do not know what i will do after it ends  lol
Carrie C.
I love this show for so many reasons. There are so many great characters, one you love , ones you hate. You get to see them progress and change. You see their inner struggles as they adapt to what their world has become and how it effects personal relationships. The story pulls you in and you get to know and come to love some of the characters so well you actually do feel loss when they are gone. BETH😭😭GLENN! 😭😭 . Theres always sonething new going on so it deffinitely holds your attention. Another reason its so great? Zombies! If your a zombie fan you get it... also make you really think about human nature and what the world would be like ifc something so devastating were to actually happen.
Kat T.
Fort Wayne, IN
I was a little late on The Walking Dead train when it first came out. I did watch the first season in 1 day. After that, I couldn't stop watching it. I was so addicted. The story line is easy to follow and you fall in love with the characters. My favorite part of this series is watching each character evolve. Carol's transformation from the first season to the current season is mind blowing. She was a timid, pathetic mouse of a woman. Now, she is strong, independent, and bad ass. Season 1 and season 2 are by far my favorite seasons. Those seasons were more about surviving the zombie apocalypse and killing walkers. Now, it is more about the drama between each character and killing other people. I wish they would bring back more of the rawness from the first 2 seasons. This is still a show I can't stop watching. I must know how it ends!
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I may be one of the only people in the world that does not like this show.  I don't really understand what all the hype is about...it is just so unrealistic. My husband used to watch this religiously but then when I would watch it with him I would have to ask why something happened the way it did and I apparently ruined it for him because then he realized how unrealistic it all was too....OOPS!
Diana S.
I absolutely fell in love with this show the year after it can out. I watched it all the way up to about 2 seasons ago.... unfortunately... the story line jist fell out for me. It started looking it's individuality. I would definitly suggest watching up to season 7... then you can make your own decisions. ;) but as a whole. It's pretty darn addicting lol
Cassie T.
Tipton
In the beginning I could. Not. Get. Enough. It started to get stale though somewhere around season 5 for me so I quit watching. Cut to this year I began watching again from the beginning and binged it ALL in a very short period of time and loved every second. Great acting, excellent cast. Truly memorable storyline. Cant wait to see what happens next!
Megan M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This show is actually really good but I fell behind after the first couple of seasons so I’m too far back to catch up on. The production value is great and the writing is amazing. I love the casting, costuming, plot, and just about everything else. I’ll definitely go back to it when I have the time because this one is really thoughtfully done.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Favorite character?? :)
India J.
Somerton
Who were you most upset to see die?
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA
My friends are obsessed with this show. Is it really that good?
Bailey F.
Jackson, GA
Which character do you think the producers should kill off??
Christine T.