BY VITAMIN SHOPPE #6 in Weight Management

Check out one of the weight management product that has been all the buzz lately. Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit native Southeast Asia, India and West Africa. Garcinia Cambogia may support appetite control. The Vitamin Shoppe Garcinia Cambogia is 1000mg per serving, standardized to 60% of hydroxycitric acid. Instructions are to take 2 capsules 30 minutes before a meal. It is on sale in August for $16.99 in August and part of The Vitamin Shoppe’s bi-yearly BOGO (Buy One Get One 50% off) sale in September. You can buy this item online and in your. local Vitamin Shoppe store. . Weight Management. Supports Appetite Control. 1000 mg Standardized to 60% HCA. Directions. As a dietary supplement, take two (2) capsules 30 minutes before a meal. Warning. Consult your healthcare provider prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have any medical conditions. Does Not Contain. Yeast, Wheat, Gluten, Sugar, Salt, Starch, Dairy, Citrus, Fish, Preservatives, Artificial Colors or Flavors Added.

• Does this product have any negative side effects? Can it harm any...8 Answers
  • Does this product actually work in suppressing th... Be the first to answer!
  • Is this strictly for losing weight? Or are there other benefits?1 Answers
The Vitamin Shoppe Garcinia Cambogia
  • "I received this product complementary from Influenster in the good life voxbox, and was excited to use this because I've been trying to loose weight its helped me suppress fake hunger when I have anxiety and just want to eat out of stress. " in 41 reviews
  • "I have always been skeptical of weight loss supplements, but I received these in my GoodLife VoxBox from Influenster and decided to try them." in 16 reviews
  • "I do not eat on a set schedule and some times it's very spur of the moment so trying to take something 30 minutes before hand is just inconvenient and unlikely." in 15 reviews
  • "Got it free to try in the #goodlifevoxbox from influenster, and I wasn't really sure if these would work have a side effect." in 14 reviews
  • "It is not a magic pill to lose weight without putting in some effort of your own so if you're looking for the quick fix weight loss, this isn't for you." in 13 reviews
Destiny B.
Germantown, MD
I have been using this for months and it's a godsend. I swear I have seen instant results. It supresses my appetite and it almost seems to melt fat away. My results have been insanely amazing. I highly recommend this. I also take mine with apple cider vinegar supplement and it seems to boost results. I was hesitant to try but I'm so happy I did. Garcinia is a miracle worker. Also this is my 4th baby. I was 186lbs during delivery and this was my 2nd c-section ☺
Stephanie M.
Rochester, NY
I have been hearing a lot about Garcinia Cambogia Extract online, on tv, and in magazines. I always wondered what was so good about this product, especially the fact that it is a weight management dietary supplement. I got a bottle of The Vitamin Shoppe’s Garcinia Cambogia Extract in my free Good Life VoxBox to test and review from Influenster. The bottle says this supplement supports appetite control which is one of the toughest things to get through when you're trying to lose weight. At first, I was resistant to take these because of how sensitive my body is to anything I am taking. I am having weight issues so I decided to try these at a low dose to begin with. This product is priced at $16.99 for 90 capsules, which is enough for 45 to 90 day supply.

The instructions say to take 2 capsules about 30 minutes before eating. I started taking The Vitamin Shoppe’s Garcinia Cambogia Extract at 2 pills, 1 time a day before lunch until I got a feel for how this stuff works. I would take these about an hour after waking up with my coffee. I used to get really bad hunger pangs as soon as my stomach was empty. About 10 minutes after taking them, my hunger pangs are gone and wont show back up for 2-3 hours which is right around lunch time and I would eat normally.

I have been taking The Vitamin Shoppe’s Garcinia Cambogia Extract capsules for 2 weeks straight and I have nothing bad to say about my experience with this product. I have noticed my appetite is suppressed and it feels natural, like I just ate a small meal. I could feel that my brain even recognized that I felt full. With most weight loss products I have tried, they seem to do the opposite. They would make my stomach feel full but my brain was still telling me to eat. Not anymore!! I have a lot more energy. I know that if I were to up the dosage to 2 pills 2 times a day, and become more active, that I will lose a lot more weight than I thought I could lose naturally.
Amy N.
Moore, SC
Garcinia Cambogia is not going to make you lose weight. It doesn't just burn fat. What it does do, however, is increase your energy and make you want to go out and move more. So if your problem is getting off the couch, then this might help you. I use it when I need an extra boost with my workouts and I definitely can notice a difference. I will warn you, though, if I take t too many days in a row, it will cause irritability.
Kristi D.
This seemed like a great idea and it is all over the media...but it made me feel weird. It made me feel full and also light headed. My body did not react well and it did not make me feel great. I was disappointed and I probably will not be purchasing this in the future.
Mia M.
Radnor, OH
I have always been skeptical of weight loss supplements, but I received these in my GoodLife VoxBox from Influenster and decided to try them. The first dose left me feeling lightheaded for about 10 minutes, so I thought I'd have to quit before I even gave them a real chance. However, the next day, I took them again...no side effects.
In fact, I didn't think they were doing ANYTHING. I noticed no change in my appetite or energy level. I was convinced that these were a waste of time.
I decided to only take them a half hour before dinner, as I normally don't eat much during the day, anyway. After a few days, I noticed that there were a few times where I couldn't finish my meal... other than that, no change.
At the end of my third week, I noticed my pants are all getting baggier. I didn't see any change in my body, though... must be stretching them out, I figured.
A few days later, my fiance commented that I was losing weight. A couple of hours later, I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a month, and she said the same thing.
I continued taking my two supplements per day, for another two weeks. Now, my pants were literally falling down over my hips. I finally got on a set of scales... and found that I had lost 16 pounds!
I'm not sure where they went... but, other than the baggy clothes, I haven't noticed ANY change!
Jordyn W.
Great Falls, VA
I received this product in the Good Life Vox Box and was so excited, I started taking them immediately. I have always been fit, but lately I have gained a couple of unwanted lbs due to getting older & most likely portion control.. I have also always had a huge appetite. I pretty much eat non-stop. Even when I'm not really hungry. For example, I will have a good sized dinner, and then soon after, feel hungry again. It's very annoying having such a big appetite because I am almost never satisfied.

After the second day of taking these (as directed), I noticed that my appetite had already decreased. I felt no urge to binge eat or snack while I was bored. I stopped eating when I was full.. which I never do.. in my mind, there's always room for dessert :p

I've noticed that these also give me a bit more energy, which I need, because I often feel a bit too.. relaxed.

So far, I haven't noticed any side-effects and I will definitely be buying these again.

* I maintain a fairly healthy, balanced diet, exercise about 4-6 times a week and drink a good amount of water.
Janessa R.
Salt Lake Cty, UT

I received this product in my Good Life VoxBox and, upon seeing that it was a weight loss product, researched it online to make sure it was a safe supplement. I gave it a C rating because the research on it had mentioned that although it is a good product for emotional eaters or those wanting to suppress their appetite, a certain brand of it was recalled in 2009 for causing liver problems within a few weeks of use. I tried one pill for the sake of the review and had no trouble with it. It didn't taste like anything gross and it did suppress my appetite for the majority of the day. The benefits of this product are that it suppresses appetite and does not taste horrible, despite the smell of the pills. The only setbacks I see are that it could interact with medications, you have to remember to take it 30 minutes before meals, and then there's the issue of whether it is safe to ingest over an extended period of time. That being said, I would not discount this product without giving it further research.
Armie P.
Astoria, NY
I am a HUGE skeptic about these fad pills I usually stick to what I know eating smaller portions at lunch and dinner.

It isn't easy to control this mindfully but with using Garcinia Cambogia after the end of the second week I began to notice how much it became easier for me to become fuller it is crazy. I am not usually one to stick to weight loss supplements but this is a huge aid in feeling fuller and I skipped some in takes during lunch and dinner the third week and I still felt fuller eating less than half my meals which is remarkable.

I got to try this product through my first vox box and I am so excited to report that I will be repurchasing this item!

My only con to this item is that it took at least 2 weeks to work fully for me and its kind of tedious to remember to take 2 after each meal
Racheal J.
Sacramento, CA
I don't usually use products for weight control, but me and my husband have split this bottle so its will last use so about seven day each. I'm not feeling jittery nor has he made any such complaints, not having heart palpitations or having trouble sleeping.

So far, I have noticed that taking this product two capsules thirty minutes prior to every meal, will help you greatly reduce your serving consumptions. I even continue to drink my ice coffee and no side effects. I'm continuing my exercise plan and really enjoy the fact that this product may actually naturally help me and my husband shed a few unwanted pounds. The after taste isn't to un-bareable and the capsules are smooth and easy to swallow. This is only my third day but tonight will be the sixth dose I will consume. I don't epect to actually drop weight taking them, but if they help control my portion size that would be excellent. I have a normal excercise regimen so the only area I may lack is shirking my portion size wish us luck = )
Tasha C.
Got it free to try in the #goodlifevoxbox from influenster, and I wasn't really sure if these would work have a side effect. I did have to stop using them because I wasn't trying to to achieve "major weight loss" so that's why I stopped. On the first try the immediate reaction was a bit of nausea, but then after it wore off I wasn't hungry the rest of the day. I don't know if it will work for everybody but I highly recommend giving it a try if you have problems with weight gain due to overeating. Maybe your a stress eater, or eat for comfort or boredom for any of these I would say this is a very realistic aide to help you on your way. I do recommend a food chart so don't actually forget to eat. My mom also tried it out and she had the same kind of results. So give it a try if it doesn't work right away give it a fair shot might take your body time. You never know which product will work for you.Good luck ladies on your fitness goals!
San Juanita F.
Does this product have any negative side effects? Can it harm any of my organs?
Guadalupe G.
Oakland, CA
Would it be bad if I take it if I'm breastfeeding?
Berlyn E.
San Diego , CA
Do these come with energy?
Sandra O.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Am I the only one that experienced headaches?
Katherine F.
Upton, MA
How much weight have you lost?