BY THE VAMPIRE DIARIES #14 in TV

• Damon or Stefan??? The Vampire Diaries9 Answers
  • Which storyline you like better , Vampire Diaries or Twilight ?9 Answers
  • Is it good movie? ??2 Answers
The Vampire Diaries
  • "Started watching on Netflix and just could not get enough that I had to turn on the tv and watch the new season and now I watch it every week on The CW!" in 49 reviews
  • "One of my all time favorite shows I love elena,Damon,stefan,etc all of the characters are amazing and the show is amazing #fangirl#vampire diaries#love" in 38 reviews
  • "Ian Somerhalder is not only sexy but he is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, and a huge environmentalist who is using his fame to bring awareness to the cause." in 31 reviews
  • "I feel that it deserves the five starts because they planned the show to where now that Nina Dobrev left, the show can continue with a story line that can still captivate you. " in 27 reviews
  • "This show is my favorite show out right now it has me on the edge of my seat at all times with all the twists and turns i can't get enough!" in 25 reviews
H Y.
The Vampire Diaries is one of my favorite shows to watch. Some of my favorite characters were Damon (of course, duh; I just love how he does bad things for good reasons), Enzo (his character is quite ambiguous; you never know if he's doing good or bad, and I love it), & Bonnie (team witch!!). And when Elena (Nina Dobrev) left the show, I was so upset because I wanted Damon to get his happily ever after--of course, she came back during the last episode, but it wasn't enough. Overall, I'm sad the show is over, but I guess all good things must come to an end sooner or later.

Frances D.
El Paso, TX
I hate the fact that I loved this show way too much!!! I did not want it to end! Once I started it i was like ok this seems almost every other vampire shows out there but once I saw that there were other twists and turns I couldn't stop watching! The acting was good and so where the story lines, once you thought nothing else could happen something else popped up and made it even more interesting! You want to hate certain characters but just can't I would say that you end up falling in love almost everyone. I am not one to get emotional but this show totally played with my emotions! I think after I am done with other shows that I would go back and watch this again.
Jordan M.
Wellington, OH
100/10. I've been watching this show since it first came out on the cw. I was hook instantly, I've read every book too. Absolutely love the series so so much I've gotten so many people hooked to this show also. The drama in it keeps you attached let alone the love triangle between the characters. I've watched seasons 1 through 6 about 8 times and seasons 7 and 8 twice and the last episode of the series about 3 times and even though I know what to expect I still sir in the edge of my chair and cry each time
kathrynelleese M.
Chesapeake, VA
The first episode I saw a snippet of was when Caroline and Stefan figured out Elena was sired to Damon. *Spoiler alert!* So I did the free month of Netflix and watched the entire series in a week. And then I made my sister watch because it was that good. This show took us on the biggest roller coaster of emotions. The acting was so raw and real at times that you forgot they were acting. The series ended in a way that not a lot of people thought it would go. But I am proud to say that TVD changed my life.
Vivian S.
Harlingen, TX
Nunca pude ver un episodio completo, no lograba jalar mi atencion, la protagonista me parecia mi sosa y simple, una version aun peor de Bella Swan. Los chicos muy guapos, personajes que querian engancharte pero les faltaba un poquito mas.
Melissa V.
I didn't realize that the show stemmed from a book. I need to catch up on my Vampire Diaries as I left the last season with Damon atop a building overlooking a rancid scene of destruction down below. I think this is a great look at vampires with a very millennial and realistic view. Comparable to the Twilight series, these folks are so easy to fall in love with. Doesn't matter that everyone is gorgeous, but the characters are wrought with issues and drama at every turn.
Taylor F.
Toledo, OH
Pop Culture Expert
This show is mysterious, sexy, intense, and will keep you guessing until the very end.
This show follows a young teenage girl named Elena who moves to a town with two handsome vampire brothers who cause a tons of problems. She falls in love with one, and the issues go on and on until the very last episode of the season. Definitely a young adult show, but super super good!
Mariah S.
Terre Haute, IN
I havent read the series yet, but this show is so great. They are always adding in new supernatural beings and making the story line drag out in a good way. The actors are perfect fro their character or characters, they are all portrayed so well. And who doesnt love a good love triangle or two. Have fun choosing weather you're team Damon or team Stephan!
Kara E.
La Mirada, CA
Pop Culture Expert
I've never seen/read Twilight nor did I know that the Vampire Diaries was based on a series of tween books.

Vampire Diaries is a guilty pleasure. Despite the fact that the series is set-up with the high school crowd, it definitely has a more adult feel to it with the complex issues that come up and the dark, edgy violence. The first couple of eps played a bit too 90210(ish) but then the series really took off.

The main characters are well rounded and believable even in unbelievable situations. The series has managed to weave a set of relationships that breath life into each of the characters. Elena is the high school girl who must not only face personal tragedy but a new boyfriend (Stephan) that may or may not be what he seems. And Stephan has his own family issues with his bad boy brother, Damon. And while Damon is definitely bad (body count anyone?)he has reasons he believes are valid for the pain he inflicts.(mostly)

Elena as played by Nina Dobrev is a smart girl with a compassionate heart who definitely doesn't put up with any BS. In this vampire tale she doesn't just automatically tell Stephan it's all right when she finds out his secret. It's not cool that he's a vampire. People die around him and that's not ok. They fall in love despite his being a vampire rather than because of it.

Stephan Salvatore, Mystic Falls resident brooding vampire, started out (to me) a little too much like an Angel wannabe but Paul Wesley has done a competent job in opening the character up. What he does to Damon in the basement was truly chilling. I was like, HEY!, aren't you supposed to be the good guy!

And last but not least of the lead characters, Damon. What can I say. Damon is just delightfully bad. Ian Somerhalder plays him with relish. In the wrong hands, his character could have easily become a cliche but the actor has turned him into someone you just can't help but feel for (equal parts sympathy and revulsion)as he struts his way around, doling out cruelty with a smile, all the while hiding a secret of his own.

The supporting cast is also just wonderful in their roles. Kudos especially to Candice Accola for her portrayal of Caroline Forbes. The whole cast was well chosen and that they're all beautiful and sexy doesn't hurt either.

Anyway, before this review becomes a novel... just watch a few eps. I dare you not to get hooked on it.
Laura S.
Round Rock, TX
Pop Culture Expert
I used to love watching this show. I was a huge fan of Stefan and Elena. But by the time, the show ended that relationship I stopped watching it. I hated the triangle that they were giving us. The books were the same. I loved watching the first and second seasons. The third season and fourth weren't my favorite.
Salina A.
Chicopee, MA
Favorite female on the show?
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
Damon or Stefan? ;)
Mackenzie B.
Omaha, NE
Stefan or Damon?
Jailene C.
Aurora, CO
Who should Elena be with? Damon or Stephan??
FashionDues 💖.
Staten Island, Ny
Pop Culture Expert
Do you like vampire diaries or twilight?