BY THE TWILIGHT SAGA #54 in Movies

The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive
  • "I had never even heard of Twilight when the first movie came out and I remember being home for Thanksgiving and my 15 year old niece wanted to go see the film a 2nd time and asked me to go along, so I thought sure...Vampire movie, okay." in 49 reviews
  • "Liking the characters depends on your taste in actors, the biggest actor that was probably most disliked was Kristen Stewart, but it is personal preference." in 33 reviews
  • "I like the story line and i like the graphics in the movie the idea and the effects of the movie is great but i wouldnt watch it more than 3 times" in 28 reviews
  • "After seeing the movies I thought they did a great job even though the quality gets so much better as they continue." in 24 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed reading these books, and I was fairly pleased with the movies... although I always think that the books are better. " in 15 reviews
Maddie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my favorite series.  I loved the books and loved the movies just as much.  I remember going to see these movies in the theater with all my girlfriends.  The music chosen for this series is so perfect for the movie and extremely catchy.  The story line is great.  I have seen tons of movies about vampires but this series is by far my favorite.  I watch this series all the time and will continue to watch it.  There are also tons of hot vampire and werewolves so what can be better than that?!?!
Sarah B.
Greenville, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
These movies are embarrassing to watch... I fell in love with the books when I was a teenager but when the movies came out I was beyond disappointed. They probably picked the worst actors possible for Edward and Bella and that ruined the entire series in my eyes. They are awkward and have no real chemistry onscreen. The actors for the Cullen family and Jacob were great but they aren't what these books are really about. I am embarrassed to even watch these movies. I just can't get over the awkward performances.
Stephanie S.
New Oxford, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I am a die hard Twi-hard! I loved Edward (Robert Pattinson) in all the movies! He was moody, brooding, and just so handsome to look at! At first he was annoying because he was just so rude but then he finally cracked and fell in love! This whole series is a must watch! so on a gloomy day breakout the whole set and watch it again!
Shakeria D.
St Petersburg, FL
I actually like the books better is was soo many juicy parts that should of been in the movie. My favorite scene i don't really have a favorite scene. But the movie was good but the books was better more details in the book.
Lauren N.
I enjoyed this movie but didn’t love it . I felt it could have been alittle better and I really didn’t enjoy Kristen stewert as Bella. I read the books first and just expected someone better. Her personality just didn’t fit what I had in mind . But Edward was definitely great as well as the wolf who’s name I cannot remember at the moment
Ruzzy G.
Apollo Beach, FL
Part 2?
"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" is a slow movie that runs for a lengthy 110 minutes and is completely useless.
Everything in the film is prolonged and many of the scenes are just additional scenes to fill up the vacant spaces. "Twilight" was great, "New Moon" was a downfall, "Eclipse" stood out with more action, and this one - it sucks! The beginning, as you may have seen in the trailers, Bella marries Edward. A lot of emotional moments and talking, this and that. Then they have a lot of kissing and hugging and kissing and hugging that if you combine all the kissing scenes in the movie, maybe it could last until an hour. Then they go have a honeymoon and then something happens.
They did IT and the impossible became possible. Bella became pregnant (as seen in the trailer) and then the baby is killing Bella, taking her nutrients and we see an unhealthy Bella for around 40 minutes.
Maybe the scene in the end was a little exciting as it was quite thrilling. There was some fighting, a small dose of fighting that maybe didn't even last up till 5 minutes. I won't tell you what happened in the end because that's an important element in the story. If I tell you that, I'll spoil the movie, if you even plan on watching it.
The other scenes are ridiculously useless. There's nothing to admire in the other scenes. Unlike "Eclipse", even though it's slow paced, there are a lot of things to see, to explore. "Breaking Dawn - Part 1", I don't think so. Because the content here is so little, I don't even think a "Part 2" is needed. Harry Potter really needs because there are plenty of things to talk about and each of them is vital to the story. But here, kissing and hugging are not really necessary and just a waste of time.
In summary, this movie will as always appeal to die-hard fans of the series. Unlike Harry Potter which appeals to readers and non-readers, this movie apparently doesn't appeal to non-readers (except if you're a teenage girl who loves Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner, etc.). I've never been interested in reading the books as opposed to the Harry Potter series which I read and enjoyed. This series, each book is just the same. Edward and Bella. Someone interrupts. Nothing new. Harry Potter? There's Horcruxes. Half-Blood Prince. Order of the Phoenix. Many things that are fun to explore.
Overall, I only recommend this movie if you're a die-hard fan of the series. Plus, I don't really think "Part 2" is really needed. Based on the ending provided, "Part 2" is absolutely useless. It's slow-paced, its content is so little, its useless. Probably "Part 2" was to just get more money. I feel sorry for Harry Potter. Harry Potter had always been great in every movie. But this, they don't deserve this much money.
Prince AJB's Rating: 3 out of 10 Final Verdict: I don't even know why this movie earned $30.25 million in just midnight showings. Its completely terrible.
Thanks for reading my review on this movie. I do hope this review is useful for you.
Note: Someone sent me a message and told me that "Part 2" will have something in it and would be interesting. That was good news but I hope the content there is more than what's in this movie. Thank you for the message though.
Brooke B.
I am a huge fan of these books, not sure but there's just something about a vampire and a werewolf fighting between the love of a regular girl. The original Twilight is by far the best of the series - book and movie wise. All the books are good but the movies start to go downhill fast.
Semaria S.
Memphis, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Started the book series when they initially were published. Loved the movies as well. I find myself watching the movies on television whenever they air despite having the collection.
Megan V.
Aurora, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Kristen and Rob ruined this franchise, the casting directors did not do a good job. The other characters were great and they stuck to the plot nicely, but I couldnt get over the awkwardness of kristen and rob and their failed chemistry on screen.
Chassidy L.
London, KY
I am a forever till I die twlilight fan! It’s one of my favorite movies as a teenager! I love it so much! If you haven’t watched it I highly suggest it! I was in love and I love the books as well! Team Edward;)
Yarikza A.
ELGIN, SC
Team Edward or Team Jacob?
Imani R.
If I don't like the Harry Potter series do you think I will like this one?
jill b.
Palm Bay, FL
Did anyone like the books better then the movie
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Team Edward....or....Team Jacob?
Tiffany J.
Piney Flats, TN
Does anyone else think Stephanie should branch out on this series and write a book about reneseme and Jacob???