BY THE TWILIGHT SAGA #61 in Movies

The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive
  • "I had never even heard of Twilight when the first movie came out and I remember being home for Thanksgiving and my 15 year old niece wanted to go see the film a 2nd time and asked me to go along, so I thought sure...Vampire movie, okay." in 49 reviews
  • "Liking the characters depends on your taste in actors, the biggest actor that was probably most disliked was Kristen Stewart, but it is personal preference." in 33 reviews
  • "I like the story line and i like the graphics in the movie the idea and the effects of the movie is great but i wouldnt watch it more than 3 times" in 28 reviews
  • "After seeing the movies I thought they did a great job even though the quality gets so much better as they continue." in 24 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed reading these books, and I was fairly pleased with the movies... although I always think that the books are better. " in 15 reviews
Stephanie S.
New Oxford, PA
Pop Culture Expert
I am a die hard Twi-hard! I loved Edward (Robert Pattinson) in all the movies! He was moody, brooding, and just so handsome to look at! At first he was annoying because he was just so rude but then he finally cracked and fell in love! This whole series is a must watch! so on a gloomy day breakout the whole set and watch it again!
Chassidy L.
London, KY
I am a forever till I die twlilight fan! It’s one of my favorite movies as a teenager! I love it so much! If you haven’t watched it I highly suggest it! I was in love and I love the books as well! Team Edward;)
Ruzzy G.
Apollo Beach, FL
Part 2?
"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" is a slow movie that runs for a lengthy 110 minutes and is completely useless.
Everything in the film is prolonged and many of the scenes are just additional scenes to fill up the vacant spaces. "Twilight" was great, "New Moon" was a downfall, "Eclipse" stood out with more action, and this one - it sucks! The beginning, as you may have seen in the trailers, Bella marries Edward. A lot of emotional moments and talking, this and that. Then they have a lot of kissing and hugging and kissing and hugging that if you combine all the kissing scenes in the movie, maybe it could last until an hour. Then they go have a honeymoon and then something happens.
They did IT and the impossible became possible. Bella became pregnant (as seen in the trailer) and then the baby is killing Bella, taking her nutrients and we see an unhealthy Bella for around 40 minutes.
Maybe the scene in the end was a little exciting as it was quite thrilling. There was some fighting, a small dose of fighting that maybe didn't even last up till 5 minutes. I won't tell you what happened in the end because that's an important element in the story. If I tell you that, I'll spoil the movie, if you even plan on watching it.
The other scenes are ridiculously useless. There's nothing to admire in the other scenes. Unlike "Eclipse", even though it's slow paced, there are a lot of things to see, to explore. "Breaking Dawn - Part 1", I don't think so. Because the content here is so little, I don't even think a "Part 2" is needed. Harry Potter really needs because there are plenty of things to talk about and each of them is vital to the story. But here, kissing and hugging are not really necessary and just a waste of time.
In summary, this movie will as always appeal to die-hard fans of the series. Unlike Harry Potter which appeals to readers and non-readers, this movie apparently doesn't appeal to non-readers (except if you're a teenage girl who loves Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner, etc.). I've never been interested in reading the books as opposed to the Harry Potter series which I read and enjoyed. This series, each book is just the same. Edward and Bella. Someone interrupts. Nothing new. Harry Potter? There's Horcruxes. Half-Blood Prince. Order of the Phoenix. Many things that are fun to explore.
Overall, I only recommend this movie if you're a die-hard fan of the series. Plus, I don't really think "Part 2" is really needed. Based on the ending provided, "Part 2" is absolutely useless. It's slow-paced, its content is so little, its useless. Probably "Part 2" was to just get more money. I feel sorry for Harry Potter. Harry Potter had always been great in every movie. But this, they don't deserve this much money.
Prince AJB's Rating: 3 out of 10 Final Verdict: I don't even know why this movie earned $30.25 million in just midnight showings. Its completely terrible.
Thanks for reading my review on this movie. I do hope this review is useful for you.
Note: Someone sent me a message and told me that "Part 2" will have something in it and would be interesting. That was good news but I hope the content there is more than what's in this movie. Thank you for the message though.
Megan V.
Aurora, CO
Pop Culture Expert
Kristen and Rob ruined this franchise, the casting directors did not do a good job. The other characters were great and they stuck to the plot nicely, but I couldnt get over the awkwardness of kristen and rob and their failed chemistry on screen.
Jamie P.
Binghamton, NY
I couldn't tell which was better for this series, the books or movies. I like how all the main characters develop and the storyline stays familiar with a twist of suspense. A great choice for the whole family.
derrika k.
Sumter
I loved all of the movies. I loved how at the end of each movie it left you hanging until the next movie which made you want to watch it that much more. The last movie was my favorite by far.
Madeline S.
Wayland, MA
Okay now I know people are all too quick to bad mouth this movie series and also the books but really people it is not as bad as you're claiming! I LOVED the books! They were super easy to read and also fast! But I also loved the movies! Yes the first movie was a little rocky because they didn't know exactly what they were doing and I think the actors were still trying to figure out how to play their character but by the second movie they really turned around and were great! I would say these are a must see movie!
Caroline M.
sabella Swan, de 17 anos, nunca tinha vivido grandes emoções na sua vida. Sendo uma jovem extremamente responsável, tímida e introspectiva, decide mudar-se da ensolarada cidade de Phoenix, onde morava com a sua mãe (Renée) e o novo marido dela (Phill), devido ao estado apreensivo desta, para a pequena e chuvosa cidade de Forks (apesar de a detestar), onde viveria com o seu pai, Charlie, o chefe da polícia local. No primeiro dia de aulas na sua nova escola, Bella, como gostava de ser tratada, depara-se com cinco jovens de uma beleza sobre-humana no refeitório: Edward, Alice e Emmett Cullen, Rosalie e Jasper Hale. Mais tarde, na aula de Biologia, ela conhece Edward Cullen, que parece profundamente irritado com sua presença - sem razão aparente - e que tenta, inclusive, mudar o seu horário de aulas para não ter que conviver com ela.

Krysteena L.
Pop Culture Expert
i usually hate when they turn books into movies because it isn't the same but they did good job with this saga. i enjoyed the movies. the first twilight looks kinda low beget but they step up their game when new moon to breaking dawn part 2. which they should've made 3 parts because fourth book had lot of detail which they didn't put into the movie & jacob had a bigger role in the book then what he had in the last movie. but i still really enjoyed the movie. break dawn part 2 is one of my favorites along with eclipse.
Manda L.
Niles, MI
Seriously, who didn't love the Twilight Saga?!? The acting was a little off on the first one, but as each movie was made, the better some of the actors got into their roles better. The storyline blossomed beautifully as the story went on. The music, oh the music was beautifully done. Of course, as always, the books were better, but job well done bringing the story to life. Yep, Twilight belongs in,the classics category!
Yarikza A.
ELGIN, SC
Team Edward or Team Jacob?
Imani R.
If I don't like the Harry Potter series do you think I will like this one?
jill b.
Palm Bay, FL
Did anyone like the books better then the movie
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Team Edward....or....Team Jacob?
Tiffany J.
Piney Flats, TN
Does anyone else think Stephanie should branch out on this series and write a book about reneseme and Jacob???