BY THE TWILIGHT SAGA #30 in Books

• The Twilight Saga are these books really good ?6 Answers
  • Which book is your favorite?3 Answers
  • So let's be honest. ...team Jacob or team Edward?5 Answers
The Twilight Saga
  • "While I will say a greatly enjoyed the first book and liked the second book, I must admit that each book gets progressively worse and worse until I couldn't even finish the last book with Bella acting all crazy and whatnot." in 63 reviews
  • "I honestly think that books were much better than the movies and the movies left so much out and twisted the characters personas into ways that made people question if Twilight was suitable for young readers." in 40 reviews
  • "I have now read all of the books and watched all of the movies under the guise that I have a teenage sister...but seriously though they are decent books with an okay story line." in 36 reviews
  • "At first I really enjoyed these books but by the last two seemed to drag on and I got tired of the Jacob-Bella-Edward love triangle." in 34 reviews
  • "Everyone kept telling me "You really remember what it's like to be in love in high school" and so I bought my first Vampire novel." in 32 reviews
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I was very pleased with this graphic novel. For one, I thought the artwork was very beautiful. It is a mixture of the American graphic novel style & manhwa (Korean graphic novel style, which is similiar to manga, which is Japanese). I have always like this style of artwork. The artist, Young Kim, did a really fabulous job at creating scenery straight from the book. Honestly, I was dissapointed in the movies because for one, I am what some call a "book purist" (which means that if it is not like the book, I am not fond of it). The movies changed the story around & picked actors that I was not pleased with. However, with Young Kim's artwork, she drew the characters exactly how Stephenie Meyer had described them in the book. (I especially love the way she drew Charlie, Renee, and Edward.) Of course, every single thing that is in the novel is not in the graphic novel, because if it was, then it would be a 400 paged graphic novel! Instead, the graphic novel focuses on the main events of the storyline, but it stays true to the novel. This would be a great book for Twilight fans & those who appreciate artwork. I enjoyed it very much & was pleased with how it was drawn. The second graphic novel (which covers the rest of the first Twilight novel) is wonderful as well.
Tracey C.
I read these books after having seen the movies--which I watched for glimpses of Peter Facinelli as Carlisle. Although I confess to having read the entire series--and the fact that I am all over any variety of vampire novel--I didn't find the characters or their stories compelling. I just kept turning pages in hopes of finding a few nuggets of originality. I did like the fact that Bella was an everyday girl in an extraordinary situation. I was very unhappy that her inner life was also terribly commonplace.
Jessica F.
Peoria
I read these books when they first came out which was...I don't even know how long ago ha. When I read them, I really enjoyed them. I was never really into the whole vampire craze, but I thought the books made for a fun read & they were something different than anything I had read before. If I was to go back now & read them, I doubt I would enjoy them as much just because I think they're targeted towards a younger high school aged age group. I definitely think the books were better than the movies....way less cheesy than the movies were.
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
I'm writing this review in 2018, and I'm really wondering if there is anyone out there who still hasn't read these books or at least saw the movie. It got amped up so much that it turned some people off, but it truly is a beautifully written, fairytale-like story. It's a love story about a vampire and a human, which is virtually impossible. Even if it sounds like a cheesy concept to you, I'm telling you that it's still an absolutely enthralling read! If you haven't yet, give it a try.
Rita M.
Staten Island , NY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The books are written in a really good way! And the story was way more interesting than the movies but I couldn't feel the book that's why I didn't like it! It's a good read but it's not something that I would read again. It took me a long time to finish the series, I used to stop go for another book then go back to continuing this series.
Megan H.
Breaking Dawn Book:

It appears that SM was ready to abandon her twilight story line. With the other books, she drew out the story line, sometimes too much. Not the case here. She shoved so much into this one book it could have easily been split into three more books. Which is something I wish she would have done. There was so much going on that I didn't feel satisfied. As for the Volturi conflict, she builds it up, then disappoints. I expected a war, or at least something more than she gave. It's as if she had a quantity goal, instead of a quality goal! Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy, just expected more from SM.
Sam G.
Lanham, MD
I was recommended this series by my nephew of all people, and since I liked urban fantasy style books, I tried it out. I found the writing to be bland and the characters to be one dimensional. The situations are unbelievable. It is clear that this is one of the authors fantasy, and that alone is not a bad thing, but most are much better written and have a more coherent plot. Every time I see this I think of a quote from another, much better, book:

“Popular young adult novels notwithstanding, vampires only sparkle when they burn.”

Kimberly M.
North Edwards, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The Twilight Saga is one of my daughter's favorite book series as well as movie series. She got me to read the series and watch the movies. I give this four stars because for me vampires should never Sparkle. If you are into the fantasy vampire type shows or books then I would recommend this series to you.
Jennifer M.
Odessa, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 3
No just no! I did like the first book in the twilight series, it had potential. I was liking the characters, but after awhile her writing become sloppy and uninteresting. Plus things do not make sense. She kept changing things and it did not make sense. Sorry but a baby vampire? NO just f*ing no!
Heather C.
Lake village , AR
This was another one of those cheesy vampire flicks that started all of the vamp/werewolf trend among my generation when we were in high school. It was the ultimate cheesy lovestory for us. Although the books werent half bad the movies were absolutely terrible with the most boring actors ever
Nicole B.
Lawrence , MA
I've seen all the movies ,is it worth reading the series?
Maylani S.
Edward or Jacob? who would you choose to be with?
Cindy D.
Was it just me or should they have picked someone else for Bella?
Destiny G.
Does anyone have suggestions for young adult or new adult vampire/werewolf series?
Kassidi P.
Is it just me, or could any of you just NOT take Jacob seriously? He was supposed to be super hot, which yeah he was, but every time he opened his mouth and that little boy voice came out I was just like..... Nope.