BY THE TWILIGHT SAGA #31 in Books

• The Twilight Saga are these books really good ?6 Answers
  • Which book is your favorite?3 Answers
  • So let's be honest. ...team Jacob or team Edward?4 Answers
Reviews (2021)
  • "While I will say a greatly enjoyed the first book and liked the second book, I must admit that each book gets progressively worse and worse until I couldn't even finish the last book with Bella acting all crazy and whatnot." in 63 reviews
  • "I honestly think that books were much better than the movies and the movies left so much out and twisted the characters personas into ways that made people question if Twilight was suitable for young readers." in 40 reviews
  • "I have now read all of the books and watched all of the movies under the guise that I have a teenage sister...but seriously though they are decent books with an okay story line." in 36 reviews
  • "At first I really enjoyed these books but by the last two seemed to drag on and I got tired of the Jacob-Bella-Edward love triangle." in 34 reviews
  • "Everyone kept telling me "You really remember what it's like to be in love in high school" and so I bought my first Vampire novel." in 32 reviews
Candice R.
Huntington, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I was very pleased with this graphic novel. For one, I thought the artwork was very beautiful. It is a mixture of the American graphic novel style & manhwa (Korean graphic novel style, which is similiar to manga, which is Japanese). I have always like this style of artwork. The artist, Young Kim, did a really fabulous job at creating scenery straight from the book. Honestly, I was dissapointed in the movies because for one, I am what some call a "book purist" (which means that if it is not like the book, I am not fond of it). The movies changed the story around & picked actors that I was not pleased with. However, with Young Kim's artwork, she drew the characters exactly how Stephenie Meyer had described them in the book. (I especially love the way she drew Charlie, Renee, and Edward.) Of course, every single thing that is in the novel is not in the graphic novel, because if it was, then it would be a 400 paged graphic novel! Instead, the graphic novel focuses on the main events of the storyline, but it stays true to the novel. This would be a great book for Twilight fans & those who appreciate artwork. I enjoyed it very much & was pleased with how it was drawn. The second graphic novel (which covers the rest of the first Twilight novel) is wonderful as well.
Tabi M.
Mount Vernon
I have read these books 10 times if not more . I have to admit i didnt get on the band wagon until the first movies because i hadnt heard about it until my mother in law took me to see it . That same night she loaned me her set of books i actually could not stop reading i quit smoking because i didnt want to  put them down i have been in love with them every since . The movies are ok but when i can use my own interpretation of what the author is actually saying is amazing . They are easy reads and i cant wait for my daughter to read them , My favorites of all time i have these and my game of thrones books right next to each other on the book case and they are falling apart because they are read so much.
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
Bookworm Expert Level 1
My favorite books ever. The story is so great , it has so much drama, and intensity, and is an amazing love story between a vampire and a girl who will stop at nothing to be together. I love how the author speaks from the girls point of view and you can feel every feeling she has. This is a great series and I would recommend to anyone and every book in the series just gets better and better.
Merrissa D.
I Literally Couldn’t Put These Books Down, They Were SoOo Good!! My Favorite Character Was Jacob, I Could Relate To Him The Most. Stephanie Meyers Is Incredible With Her Words + The Way She Draws Out A Clear Picture. I’ve Also Read The Host From Meyers + It’s Just As Good, If Not Better!! This Is A Must Read For All Book Lovers. Teens, Or Those Who Simply Love, Love!!
Megan H.
Breaking Dawn Book:

It appears that SM was ready to abandon her twilight story line. With the other books, she drew out the story line, sometimes too much. Not the case here. She shoved so much into this one book it could have easily been split into three more books. Which is something I wish she would have done. There was so much going on that I didn't feel satisfied. As for the Volturi conflict, she builds it up, then disappoints. I expected a war, or at least something more than she gave. It's as if she had a quantity goal, instead of a quality goal! Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy, just expected more from SM.
Angelique S.
Santa Fe, NM
This series is my favorite, EVER! These books are so good, I literally read the whole series twice. The story overall is just so good, I kinda wish vampires were real. I love the way the author writes because everytime I read I can just imagine it. I can't do that with most books. It just feels so real life. I have the whole series of the movies also, but they are not quite as good as the books. The books just have more detail and are just more exciting. Although, I can watch the movies over and over. Overall, this series is the best vampire story out there. I have no cons for this series.
Heather C.
Lake Village, AR
This was another one of those cheesy vampire flicks that started all of the vamp/werewolf trend among my generation when we were in high school. It was the ultimate cheesy lovestory for us. Although the books werent half bad the movies were absolutely terrible with the most boring actors ever
Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
I mean, really? These books are not written very well at all. I feel like she wrote them on MS Word and used the synonym finding feature quite a bit. (Maybe not enough because she uses the word "glower" about 6 times per book). I understand that these are YA fiction but young adults aren't dumb! Easy to read? Yes! You can fly through these in no time. I think I read all three in about 2 weeks and that was not giving any extra time to reading. The story is entertaining it's just that the writing is not good!
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Started the series after seeing the movie. The books are easy to read and follow along. Definitely suitable for middle school age on up. I wish there were more books because it does seem like with the last book there would have been more.
Tammy B.
Hephzibah
I liked all of these movies, the twilight craze lasted for a long time. It was interesting to see how it all played out. I wasn't disappointed in these movies, but they were a little light-hearted for vampires and werewolves.
Nicole B.
Lawrence, MA
I've seen all the movies ,is it worth reading the series?
Maylani S.
Edward or Jacob? who would you choose to be with?
Cindy D.
Was it just me or should they have picked someone else for Bella?
Destiny Rose G.
Does anyone have suggestions for young adult or new adult vampire/werewolf series?
Kassidi P.
Is it just me, or could any of you just NOT take Jacob seriously? He was supposed to be super hot, which yeah he was, but every time he opened his mouth and that little boy voice came out I was just like..... Nope.