BY NONE

Zulaiha L.
United States
This is honestly one of my favorite books. I do not normally re-read books but this is one of those books that I shall break my principles for. I do admit that the beginning is abit slow paced and annoying which really made me wanted to put the book down. But I am glad I didn't because after you past that it just gets so interesting that you would have trouble putting your book down. I know I did.
Ashley H.
Clinton, TN
I love this book. It's definitely one of my favorites. It sucked me in from the first page. I own this book and will read it again. I always recommend it to friends
Ariana R.
What a disappointing read! It tried too hard to seem Victorian while staying outside of the realm (so many references to Jane Eyre that weren't necessary even with how it ties in to the plot), the author put too many obscene things in just for shock value (still don't see the relevance to most of the subject matter), the backstory of the parents were uninteresting, the main character's annoying obsession with her twin that she never knew was horrible, and the way the plot was brought together at the end was so contrived. I didn't enjoy this pretentious novel at all.

It tried so hard to be literary but failed both in terms of writing and the convoluted plot. It could have been done better - the key points that converged were there - but almost all the characters were so terribly unsympathetic and exaggerated, and the writing came off as condescending. Nothing was surprising, the story was barely interesting enough to keep me going, and already so much of it is unmemorable.

If at least one of the things I had mentioned was done better perhaps it would have gotten three stars from me, but from what I was shown there was just not enough to make this book good.