BY NONE

Get help! That's a good idea when carefree friends traveling the back roads of Texas run into trouble. So they ask for assistance at an eerie, ramshackle farmhouse. That's a bad idea - one that cranks up the whirring, ripping terror of this fear-choked re-imagining of the cult fave "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Producer Michael Bay ("Transformers"), director Marcus Nispel (2009's "Friday the 13th") and their filmmaking team bring edgy contemporary style to a gory frightmare. Jessica Biel leads the cast of roadtrippers who must battle the spinning steel of monstrous Leatherface. Join them for a savage game of hide and shriek. Audio Commentary, Alternate Opening and Ending, Trailers & TV Spots. Subtitles: Spanish, "Severed Parts" Deleted Scenes Featurette, Documentary: "Chainsaw Redux: Making a Massacre" - Chronicling the movie's origins, casting and production; "Ed Glein: The Ghoul of Plainfield" - Shocking profile of the real-life killer that inspired the movie screen tests of Jessica Biel, Eric Balfour and Erica Leerhsen; Motograter "Suffocate" Music Video.

Eric S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Marcus Nispel's 2003 remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre accomplishes to do something incredible. It's as good as the original – if not better.

The cinematography is one of the greatest strengths of both films, although the 2003 version is certainly done in a different style than Tobe Hooper's 1974 masterpiece. It sets aside the gritty documentary look for a more stylish and hauntingly beautiful one. Cinematographer Daniel Pearl was behind the lens on both versions, and it's interesting to see the way he handles each film and the way his style has developed over three decades.

The twenty-something victims are well-cast as well, with Jessica Biel and Jonathan Tucker both stealing the show with incredibly gripping performances. Their performances are exceeded only by R. Lee Ermey's terrifying portrayal of Sherrif Hoyt.

Add some incredible, practical gore effects, innovative set pieces, and subtle new layers to the Texas Chainsaw mythology, and you have the recipe for a near perfect remake of a near perfect movie.
Amber B.
I seriously love to binge every single one of these movies, regardless of how awful they can get sometimes but this is one of the better ones. It always gets me in the perfect mood for Halloween! It’s a must watch.
Joey P.
Roswell, GA
Watching this movie for the first time in 2018. I would say it's scary. It's more creepy than anything. I also see where the game, dead after daylight, got most of its idea from.
Abigail L.
St. Louis
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A great horror movie! I wouldn't say it was one of my favorites but it's pretty great. My favorite scene is when they find Leatherface. Good actors and mostly great acting. I wouldn't say it's a must watch, but watch it if you want to.
Jessica W.
San Antonio, TX
As a Texan, growing up in South Texas, TCM was THE go-to movie for Halloween and any other time a good scare was needed. I can remember being a kid and my dad gathering my sister and I into the living room, late at night with some of our friends to watch in utter horror as a group of lost souls made their way through a treacherous place in Central Texas. A freshly made skin masked psycho stalks them one by one til death...with the only tool necessary. A chainsaw in all its bloody glory! And, as if not enough on its own, dad comes behind us kids on the couch and scares us within an inch of our lives by revving the engine of his own chainsaw!!!! I am not a huge fan of scary movies, but growing up in Texas where the lightnin' bugs shine bright and the sweet tea always hits the spot...there are some things you just don't mess with. Not in Texas.
Cheyenne P.
Jamaica, NY
This movie is pretty scary and gory if you're into that. It makes you a little paranoid and somewhat affects your trust issues when it comes to authorities and bathrooms. It also makes you wonder if you should trust people who either hitchhike or who are walking on the side of the road on their own. If you're traveling me smart about it and don't wander off alone or go looking around on your own like so many of the characters in this movie do. Keep your eye out on strangers and senior citizens in wheelchairs.
Alesia J.
Dallas , TX
Being from Texas, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a staple to the state. I remember seeing the original film at a very young age and every October, it was a must see film for the Halloween Season. I will always go to this movie as a great gory remake... The original is a cinematic first within a new genre of horror movies. It will scare you, shock and amaze you by the sheer terror of a film. ENJOY the original film by Tobe Hooper and this one is probably the best remake out there.
Elizabeth C.
The movie is pretty scary and you'll get paranoid as in you'll start to question everything and everyone around you, if you're someone like me and loves scary movies but hates to watch them alone then do not watch this alone I definitely recommend watching it because it was a remake of something that actually happens it's crazy, horrifying and super interesting.
Angela S.
Ashland, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was pretty decent for a remake of a the classic 1974 film by the same name. I saw it in theatres when it came out and recently bought in on DVD. There are major differences between this and the original, which I liked seeing a different telling of the story. There is a sense of uneasiness and dread through the film which is what you want in an actual horror movie.
Rosio R.
Houston , TX
As a Texas this movie is a must to watch on Halloween. I love this movie even though it scares me. Every Halloween when I was growing up I would watch it with my brothers during g this time year. And know I watch it with my Husband and when my kids get older we will all watch it then.
wilka p.
miami FL
Was I the only one thinking people on hoe promo vies jump to the danger with no reason?