by The Taste
Ask a Question
Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA

Do you think Anthony Bourdain is a sellout for joining the host cast of the show?
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Feb. 17, 2014, 6:48 p.m.
Not at all he brings a whole new palate to the show. It wouldn't be the same without him
Tabitha S.
Tabitha S.
June 26, 2013, 12:31 a.m.
Yeah, I was honestly a little surprised he joined the show. . . . I was also surprised by how nice he is with his reviews.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
May 29, 2013, 12:14 p.m.
Not at all, he is a food expert and a food celebrity.
Julie F.
Julie F.
May 26, 2013, 10:31 a.m.
Nope,... he is still honest (as honest as he can be for a family show)
Isabella C.
Isabella C.
May 18, 2013, 3:49 p.m.
I thinks helping his image actually
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
March 12, 2013, 8:20 p.m.
Heck no! his earned his keep i don't and cannot see him as a sell out
Helena S.
Helena S.
Feb. 26, 2013, 11:11 a.m.
This question is a joke right? He's had TONS of television shows over the years. Cook's Tour, No Reservations, The Layover. It's just another in a long line of him being on my TV and I love it!
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
Feb. 25, 2013, 1:48 p.m.
Not at all! I think he brings a lot of knowledge and experience to the show and it is great that he is willing to mentor others!
Connie F.
Connie F.
Feb. 23, 2013, 4:31 p.m.
Don't think that Anthony Bourdain has it in him to loose sight of who he is. He is a multi-faceted human being. He knows how to deal and relate to people not just local community folks from his area but from anywhere in the world. He can commence with them on any level and understand and they love and understand him back. He's not afraid to do,go, try whatever they happen to be indulging in at the time. Wonderful man.
Jeannine B.
Jeannine B.
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:51 a.m.
No, I do not think so at all. Most of the contestants were trilled that he is a judge and wanted to work with him. This is a great opportunity from him to do something other than what he has been doing and also this is a way for him to be introduced to a whole new audience who might not have known about him prior to the show.
Sichelle W.
Sichelle W.
Feb. 22, 2013, 3:01 p.m.
Not at all! He's well rounded, experienced, and is at a point in his career where mentoring other upcoming chefs just makes sense. Why not do it on a new show, that takes the pressure off of him, while still keeping him in the public eye. He's made a wise choice by joining this show's cast. I like it!
Stacy N.
Stacy N.
Feb. 20, 2013, 2:28 p.m.
No I don't think so. If anything this show is making him a little more personable and will just broaden his fan base.
Stacey E.
Stacey E.
Feb. 19, 2013, 4:38 p.m.
No I don't think so Bourdain is a talented Chef and any show that can snag a star like him should be grateful.
Tiffany O.
Tiffany O.
Feb. 19, 2013, 7:26 a.m.
Not at all! I think it is great for him!
Daniela c.
Daniela c.
Feb. 18, 2013, 8:27 a.m.
No, he's been on a lot of shows as a guest judge (like top chef) I Do think Bobby Flay is a sellout though
Michelle W.
Michelle W.
Feb. 17, 2013, 7:26 p.m.
Not in the least. Sometimes, change is a good thing.
Crystal G.
Crystal G.
Feb. 17, 2013, 4:13 p.m.
Maybe but i still love him
Colin J.
Colin J.
Feb. 17, 2013, 2:06 p.m.
He discussed about how passionate he is about this show on The Chew and said it something he is proud of being a part of.
Diane R.
Diane R.
Feb. 17, 2013, 1:02 p.m.
No, I do not. I think this show is the perfect boost to his reputation.
Sierra W.
Sierra W.
Feb. 17, 2013, 6:42 a.m.
I love him. I don't think he's a sellout, I think he brings a very interesting angle because he has been all over the world and tried thousands of different interesting concoctions.
Rio C.
Rio C.
Feb. 16, 2013, 5:03 p.m.
I think this is a compliment to Anthony lol.. he is pretty cool dude, but like some of the others have said I don't think this show changes who he is. I think he will definitely bring more viewers in.
Kerri H.
Kerri H.
Feb. 16, 2013, 7:28 a.m.
Absolutely not! I love Anthony, and like to see how he acts in a more structured setting. You can still see his rough around the edges side under his suit and tie!
Dixie C.
Dixie C.
Feb. 15, 2013, 9:45 p.m.
I think this show is great for him, being a family show he cant be drinking on set/ air like he used to. Which will help with his drinking problem. I love him all the same!
Jameisha M.
Jameisha M.
Feb. 15, 2013, 9:17 p.m.
I don't think Anthony Bourdain is a sellout for joining the show. I don't believe Bourdain has sacrifice who he is for this show. He is still the same person who rough around the edges and tells how it is. The only reason some people think he is a sellout is that he doesn't swears and yells on this show like he did on Travel Channel,"No Reservations". I mean Bourdain has to show some restraint since this is family-hour television show. I enjoy watching Bourdain raw attitude on The Taste. I can't wait for next week show and see what happens next.

Join Now