The Taming of the Queen uploaded by Serena T.

BY TOUCHSTONE

By the #1 New York Times bestselling author behind the Starz original series The White Queen, a riveting new Tudor tale featuring King Henry VIII's sixth wife Kateryn Parr, the first English queen to publish under her own name. Why would a woman marry a serial killer? Because she cannot refuse… Kateryn Parr, a thirty-year-old widow in a secret affair with a new lover, has no choice when a man old enough to be her father who has buried four wives-King Henry VIII-commands her to marry him. Kateryn has no doubt about the danger she faces: the previous queen lasted sixteen months, the one before barely half a year. But Henry adores his new bride and Kateryn's trust in him grows as she unites the royal family, creates a radical study circle at the heart of the court, and rules the kingdom as Regent. But is this enough to keep her safe? A leader of religious reform and the first woman to publish in English, Kateryn stands out as an independent woman with a mind of her own. But she cannot save the Protestants, under threat for their faith, and Henry's dangerous gaze turns on her. The traditional churchmen and rivals for power accuse her of heresy-the punishment is death by fire and the king's name is on the warrant… From an author who has described all of Henry's queens comes a deeply intimate portrayal of the last: a woman who longed for passion, power, and education at the court of a medieval killer. see more...

Jan a.
This book was quite interesting about one of the wife’s of Henry VIII, I find very interesting the way people use to live. I loved this book, but I got annoyed the way the autor describe the material statues of certain princes or propel in power. I buy this book on sale at the airport so it was good deal. This book is recomendable for people that like medieval reading, in specific about the Tudor’s court.
Megan W.
Des Moines, IA
I really loved this book! The author does a wonderful job with the storyline and keep things as close to accurate and she could get them. It really spoke to me about how Katherine Parr had to have felt in the court of Henry the VII and as his wife. Everyone knew that he didn't like to be disobeyed or have any opposition and that he could sign a death warrant at any moment.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes historical fiction.
heather s.
Sterling Hts, MI
Very good book about Henry VIII and his finally wife Katherine Parr. It tells the story how she was in love with another but was a good wife to the king. She was able to out live the king but was always looking over her shoulder for a plot to overthrow her. I'm so glad that I found this book.
Leslie W.
Clarksville, TN
This is by far my favorite of Gregory's novels about the wives of Henry VIII. The book is so well written and historically accurate. It was hard to put down. It kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end!
Serena T.
White Riv Jct, VT
Philippa Gregory is an expert at women's history. I am so glad she has chosen to write about King Henry VIII's wives. I have always loved this particular subject and Ms. Gregory really brings it to life!
Selina B.
Sarnia, ON
I`ve always been a big fan of Gregory and her Plantagenet/Tudor court novels. While she takes liberties with history, it is historical fiction and it does work for her purposes. I liked that this novel focused on a rarely mentioned queen: Henry VIII's final queen, Katherine Parr. I empathized with the character that Gregory created and felt connected to her. This wasn't a favourite of mine in the series, but I definitely enjoyed it.