The Sun and Her Flowers

by Rupi Kaur

Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. A celebration of love in all its forms.

this is the recipe of life
said my mother
as she held me in her arms as i wept
think of those flowers you plant
in the garden each year
they will teach you
that people too
must wilt
fall
root
rise
in order to bloom

I’m started thinking that every book is a bestseller book by New York Times is really worth it?
Is this a book full of poetry or is it an actual book with a story line?
Is this as good as Milk and Honey?
Start your review of The Sun and Her Flowers!
How would you rate this product?
Neepawa
This poetry book is absolutely amazing. It's relatable, easy to read and understand (if you're not used to poetry or don't usually like it) but it's pure art at the same time. It makes you think about who you are. It also deals with important social issues such as immigration, in its own beautiful way. To top it all you can discover the amazing drawings Rupi Kaur did to extend the words. Highly recommend (as well as Milk and Honey)
Merritt
Love this author. And this book aswell as Milk & Honey. These are great poetry books. Eye opening; empowering & inspiring book. If you havent read it's a must!!!
Aalsmeerderbrug
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I absolutely love this book. It's very similar to her other book 'Milk and Honey'. I bought those two books together and I just love the way she writes her poems. some of them are very long, and other very short. That doesn't make them any less powerful though.
Schonungen
Honestly, one of my favorite books. The poems in the book are so amazing, I enjoy reading it over & over again. Rupi Kaur is one of my favorite Authors & I can only recommend her books. This is definitely a must read if you like modern poetry!
The book was really enjoyable to read and has a meaning beyond the surface of things. I recommend it to people who are looking for themselves or are hurt, or need to heal. Or even to people who are in love. I feel like everyone would enjoy it.
I finally read 'The Sun and Her Flowers' after months of it sitting on my shelf. I really enjoyed it and that's saying something because I'm not particularly one to adore poetry but I loved this book - and 'Milk and Honey'. I liked the way Rupi formatted her poems; it was a very interesting arrangement and although many believe it's not a poetry book, I think it's free verse. Again, coming from someone who doesn't understand poetry but admires people who can write it - or try their best to. The Sun and Her Flowers had an in-depth meaning and I found myself relating to some of the poems and I could not put this book down. It was beautifully written and heart wrenching; you feel so many emotions when reading it... at least that's how I felt. I had expectations for this book, after reading Milk and Honey and it surpassed them. I am looking forward to more books from Rupi Kaur.
Pittsburgh, PA
The Sun and Her Flowers uploaded by Varsha N.
This is Rupi’s second collection of poetry. I read the first one, Milk and Honey, and absolutely loved it! Rupi also illustrates along with writing her poems, which make the book really well rounded and aesthetically pleasing. I love her so much, that in October 2017, I went to see her live at Harvard University. She is as sweet in person as her verses, and puts up SUCH a great performance. Watching her live gave me a better understanding of how to read her spoken word poetry, which gave me the chance to read the poems in the book the way they’re intended to be read - something I didn’t do with Mill and Honey.
Calgary, AB
Rupi Kaur is amazing. I love her books, I love her instagram account. I love that she’s a Canadian author! The book itself is compact and easy to carry for a light read. If you need a pick me up, a laugh, a mend for your broken heart; reach for Rupi.
Burnaby, BC
This is an incredible book! Rupi Kaur is such a wonderful writer and The Sun And Her Flowers is breathtaking. Her poems are so raw and relatable. I started bookmarking my favourites but soon realized I was marking almost every page! 100% would recommend.
Val-d'Or
Loved this book! I read it in a day. Once again, the illustrations are lovely and the poems made me feel so much. I would buy any book that she writes and would recommend to you to do the same 😍❤️