The Sun and Her Flowers

by Rupi Kaur

Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. A celebration of love in all its forms.

this is the recipe of life
said my mother
as she held me in her arms as i wept
think of those flowers you plant
in the garden each year
they will teach you
that people too
must wilt
fall
root
rise
in order to bloom

I’m started thinking that every book is a bestseller book by New York Times is really worth it?
Is this a book full of poetry or is it an actual book with a story line?
Is this as good as Milk and Honey?
Start your review of The Sun and Her Flowers!
How would you rate this product?
The Sun and Her Flowers uploaded by Angelina C.
I liked this much better than I did Milk and Honey. There are a lot more essays/anecdotes. The poems seem to have more structure, and are longer as well. I particularly like all the poems about migration/refugeeism. There are more poems about self-love, loving and appreciating others, and how you should be proud to be who you are, even if society says you are unacceptable as you are.
Moab, UT
The Sun and Her Flowers uploaded by Baelie P.
I bought this book because I’m heading off to college and I wanted some fun reads. I love it so much. I’ve only had it for a couple of days now and I read a couple pages every so often.
Hopatcong, NJ
1,274 reviews
This is a really great book of poems about life and hardships we all go through. It is nicely written, easy to read, and impactful. The author always does a fantastic job. Milk and Honey is her other book, and that is just as good. I highly recommend this book.
I am a huge fan of rupi kaur! I love reading this poetry book before bed or being along with me to the beach. It’s so real and emotional. I highly recommend this book and author to everyone. It’s a must read!
Tampa, FL
This is a great book to read at night as a teen or even my age 22. I really enjoyed it. A lot of emotions. Rupi kaur is an excellent author.. you can really feel what she’s been through. It’s definitely a must read
Valdosta, GA
I love all of her poems!! They speak to me on a level that no other author ever has!!! She is such an amazing soul and I will continue to support her!!
I love this book so much, the words are so powerful and inspiring! I would recommend this book for anyone who loves poetry and uplifting words.
fredericksburg
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is an amazing poem book! It truly makes you realize how much pain someone can go through and change it and make good again
Avon
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Such an incredible author. Rupi is so powerful with her storytelling through poetry and illustration
Des Moines, IA
I used to think poetry was a lost art until I found the like of kaur, Lovelace, and wade.