The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

What is this story about?
Is this a good book should i read this
Storyline? What is about and why should I read?
Start your review of The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen !
How would you rate this product?
Windsor Locks , CT
1,038 reviews
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen  uploaded by Victoria R.
I couldn't fine this product to tag but, I just wanted to say that this is a 30 dollar bottle of perfume that I got for 5 bucks! It says it's 30 bucks on line. It's VS and well I'm just so inlove with the smell of it. It's not to over powering at all. The bottle is so pretty. You really don't need to shower yourself in this. A little spray is more then enough to keep you smelling amazing all day. The scent lingers on which I love. Most sprays I own don't compare to this one when it comes to the scent lasted literally hours or all day. So with that said I highly recommend this perfume
I love Allen's stories that are contemporary with just a touch of the mysterious. In this story, Josey Cirrini is a twenty-seven year-old who still lives with her mother and pines after the mailman. She has a secret stash of food in her closet, sweets to be exact. It's a fairly boring, cramped existence until she finds Della Lee Baker hiding in her closet. All of a sudden, things start happening. She makes a new friend (Chloe Finley, who has books that follow her, books that have something to do with her life. Oh, I wish), she starts seeing the mailman, and begins to stand up to her mother. Fun story with lots of character growth. Even some forgiveness after an affair which is always a hard subject
Please if you have never read anything by Sarah Addison Allen do yourselves a favor go out right now and pick up every book every single book she has ever written they are all equally fantastic engaging magical beautiful storylines you will not be able to put her books down this book in particular I read in two days because I could not put this book down ! You wanted to know what came next it almost felt like a sin to put the book down to go to sleep that amazing go out and get these books fantastic thumbs up highly recommend
Gillsville, GA
This is one of those books that you read and never, ever forget it. You get so involved with the characters and what's happening in their lives. It's definitely one of those books that has that magical ability to take you away for a while. I never get tired of this book, or any of Allen's other books, and I just want to read it over and over again. Her stories reawakened a love of reading in me, for which I'm very grateful.
The Sugar Queen is a book clearly written for a particular type of woman. And that woman is not me. I'm not immune to the charms of chick lit, but I do require it to be witty, have quirky characters, present a plausible and realistic relationship (notice I did not say a "romance") that is not the axis upon which the main character's world turns, and a strong female lead.
Kalamazoo , MI
Like all of Addison-Allen's books, I've read Sugar Queen more than a few times. It's so wonderful, watching the characters develop. I love how each chapter is a new candy and how well it all fits (Sugar Daddy especially). The heartbreak is wonderfully written and grabs at your own heartstrings. Chloe trying to find herself and the strength to stand on her own, Josey doing (essentially) the same, and Della Lee wreaking havoc. How beautiful a story. :)
Springfield, OR
A book selected by one of our "champion bookworms" in my bookclub and one that did not disappoint. There is a seamless transition between fantasy and fiction that leaves you longing for your own "closet fairy godmother" to offer perspective. The main character experiences a transitional growth that leaves you longing to know her in person. Great book!
Just writing these reviews makes me want to go back and read all of Sarah Addison Allen's book again. They're just that good. The sugar queen is no exception. You'll love the town, the people...and the surprise twist!
Morgantown, WV
I have enjoyed every book that I have read from this author, including this one. The plot was different than some of her others, but the theme was the same. I love how she incorporates a love story and sweets into her books.
Slinger, WI
Another magical book from Sarah Addison Allen. This one definitely did not disappoint. If you have a sweet tooth and want a touch of mystery in your book, this is for you! The mix of romance and magic, with lovely descriptions of the town and people - it really is a fun read.