BY THE SIMS 3

• Anyone else find this game to be so much more enjoyable than the ...41 Answers
  • What is your favorite expansion pack?74 Answers
  • What do you think about this games ! What is your favourite and w...3 Answers
The Sims 3
  • "My favorite expansion pack is the Island Paradise where you can become a mermaid, hunt for treasures, and explore new islands!" in 85 reviews
  • "It is just so much fun making characters, suceeding in careers, and most of all building your own dream home and family." in 25 reviews
  • "i could play this for hours, its really fun and a game for artistic people or people who are into building houses and creating people." in 12 reviews
  • "The Sims 3 community is amazing and there's so many expansion packs and custom content that really gives the game depth." in 10 reviews
  • "I will say it's very addicting and i started playing at a very young age but im older now and im still playing it whenever i have time. " in 9 reviews
Tanya S.
Tanya S.
Houston, Tx
I love all the Sims games, but what I love about the Sims 3 is the open world. In previous sims games you had to wait for the loading screen but in this one your Sim can Roam free. I also love the customization options. you get a full color wheel and get to change anything you please. you can even add different patterns. the only thing I dislike are the rabbit holes. rabbit holes are places your Sim goes where you can't join them. you'll just get a notification on what's going on and if their has to be a decision made you choose what they do. the only rabbit holes in the game are the restaurants (unless you chose to eat outside), the school, work, grocery store, movie theater, and the sport auditorium. those are the main ones I can think of. but besides that there are still plenty of places to explore . I love the new collecting party of the game too. of course to have more fun you'd need to purchase expansion packs because after a while it gets kinda boring a repetitive.
Megan T.
Megan T.
I first discovered The Sims when I was a kid; I played TS2 on the PS2. I remember thinking, "I can do whatever I want?! COOL!" Well, EA came out with the new and improved Sims and that's this. I fell in love all over again. You could finally go upstairs, leave your home lot, and there's a million different expansion packs! There's base games that come with expansion packs too. My favorite one is Supernatural; it has different sim types (fairy, witch, ect;) and loads of vintage inspired items AND a BEAUTIFUL new town called Moonlight Falls filled with massive Victorian mansions. If you haven't played this but are thinking about purchasing The Sims 4, I honestly recommend TS3 over TS4 because although the graphics may be better and the tools for CAS a bit easier, there's a loading screen every time you leave your home lot, and all but two of your neighbors houses are fake/just for show. TS3 is totally open world, and has just about all of the same stuff.
Britty M.
Britty M.
This is my favorite version of the Sims. The genetics need work but the creative options and diverse worlds you get more than make up for it. I recommend getting Generations, Pets and Seasons along with it. I enjoy the fact that your Sims can drive, loading screens are basically nonexistent, you can track your legacy, and get involved in the community. Your reputation matters. You can follow your Sims to work and occasionally to school (although not go inside). The neighborhoods that you can buy (or torrent) also add to the game but aren't exactly necessary. You can watch your babies grow and even send them to college! Sims 4 should've been an extension of this game, but instead EA regressed. If you've never played the Sims before, start with this and explore the expansions.
Candace K.
Candace K.
As a player of the original Sims, I was a little iffy on whether or not they could make a sequel that was as good as The Sims 2. They did! I love the open world in this installment and I can't go back to 2 or even 1 now that I've spoiled myself with it. It just feels weird without it. I've attempted Sims 4 but I always come back to 3. It's not too graphic intensive where you need a high end machine to run it. I mainly play on a Lenovo laptop on custom settings. Everything is usually low or off to improve gameplay but I keep draw distance, special effects, and textures kind of high to keep it from looking too "boxy." I would have loved if EA/Maxis actually fixed the bugs in this game before abandoning it and moving on to 4 though. Thank goodness for mods.
Addalyne H.
Addalyne H.
Portsmouth, OH
Such a fun game. I've been a fan of The Sims games since day one. The customization of characters, houses, etc. just keeps getting better and better, and is impeccable in this game! There are so many more traits to pick from and it's so much more interactive within the city than any of the previous games. The only thing I would really change is being able to actually go to work with your sims and be able to enter their workplace instead of just seeing the outside of the building. Overall, The Sims is one of my all time favorite games, and I can't wait to see what else they've got to bring to the table with future games!
Avery M.
Avery M.
Clarkston, MI
As with any sim game, I very much enjoyed creating families and making them live their lives how I want them to. I loved that you could customize a lot of things in the game - but I still would have loved more variety when it came to the hairstyles and clothing available for sims. I also thought it was super weird that your sims could be set to live their lives while you weren't on the game - especially since I had friends who would frequently log on and find many a sim dead. It is an excellent game - but can get a little boring after a while.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
Gamer Expert
I have played The Sims since it hit the shelves, back in, ya know, the stone ages!

The Sims 3 is probably my favorite out of the 4 base games. It has so many way to personalize your Sims. From textures of clothing, picking out that perfect shade of lipstick, all the way to picking out the highlights and lowlights of your Sims hair color!

All the generations are included in this game as well, so if you're a family Simmer like myself you can watch your Sims progress through every life stage.
Yennifer R.
Yennifer R.
I have loved this same since I was 12. It keeps me entertained for hours. I love making families and making fun interesting character. Playing this game your imagination has no limits. The price is pretty affordable and highly recommend every to try it. The downside to this is that it takes a lot of space from your computer and you have to have a decent laptop of desktop to run this game. The game sometimes glitches but with a good computer you shouldn't have a problem.
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Can't get enough of the sims! There are so many expansion packs for this game it's awesome. You pretty much have life at your finger tips. I recommend to buy as many expansions as you can to make the game interesting Alao make sure you have a good computer for this game because this is the only game in the sims series that is open world and doesn't need a loading screen when traveling to different locations
Serenity H.
Serenity H.
I love the sims 3. Yes, I do recommend buying some expansion packs. But the good thing is, since it's been out for a while the prices aren't high. I love how the sims are so crazy! Sometimes they do crazy things and it just makes it fun!

The graphics are great to me. Of course it's not pristine but it's good enough for me! I would recommend you play this game. You won't regret it.
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
mchenry, IL
What is your favorite expansion pack?
Nithya R.
Nithya R.
Rowville, VIC
I heard that Sims 3 was one of the best Sims. but I'm unsure. Should i buy Sims 3 or 4?
Becka B.
Becka B.
Carleton, MI
Anyone else find this game to be so much more enjoyable than the new Sims 4?
Tasha S.
Tasha S.
Panama City, FL
What is your favorite expansion pack?
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Santa Ana, CA
What features/gameplay do you wish EA would have added to The Sims 3?