BY NONE

Chelsea G.
This book kept me interested the whole way through but I felt like it was a bit disjointed, like I was reading three different books. The ending was pretty disappointing and the book loses momentum about 3/4 of the way through. I felt like Liz wasn't a fully developed character until the book almost ended. Also... What's with the emu's? A few chapters could have been omitted, making for a more cohesive ending. Overall, I love Walls' writing so it was a page turner for me but with a bit more crafting it could have been better.
Angela P.
Norwood , MA
I am a hug fan of Jeanette Walls, The Glass Castle is one of my favorite books, so perhaps my expectations were too high for The Silver Star. This is a story about a nomadic mother who goes off leaving her two daughters to fend for themselves. The book follows the daughters as they travel cross country to live with their uncle, obtain jobs, and get caught up in a local small town scandal.

Over this book was entertaining, but it lacked the detail and compelling plot that I was expecting after reading The Glass Castle. As I was reading I kept forgetting that the story was not set in current times because there wasn't much development when describing the setting and time period. I'm still a fan of Jeanette Walls and will probably read her other book, but I don't recommend this one.
Madison B.
Southaven, MS
This is an amazing read. It is realistic and very well written out. I teared up a few times reading because I can relate to it in some ways.
Ghazal A.
This is one of the most dramatic and realistic stories I have read and today I watched the movie for this novel it was great I really recommend to watch the movie... It has alot of suffering and makes me cry and at the same time laugh đź’—đź’— I love it from all my heart
Madison B.
Southaven, MS
What was your favorite part of the story? Can you relate to any part of it?