The Sea of Tranquility

by The Sea of Tranquility

What is this book about ?
I like romance novels, would this one be good?
What is this book about? ????
Start your review of The Sea of Tranquility !
How would you rate this product?
I said it before and I'll say it some more... I hate to cry. Still, I picked up this book knowing that I'll probably need a tissue or two. You take 2 broken people, mix in a huge vat of horrible things that happen outside of their control, add in peers who don't understand, add a helping of not being able to see those that do care, and add a dash of loneliness. Unfortunately, even that recipe does not come up with the brilliance of this book. Yes, you can safely say I loved it. I give this book 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. I really loved this book and I recommend it to those that love a story where two broken people come together, not to "fix" each other, but to find a way to "fix" themselves with the support of the other.
Tyler, TX
Wow. That's what I thought. Just holy crap, wow. This is the kind of book you read once, and immediately go back and reread to catch the subtle hints that you missed the first time around. The writing is so honest, and real and so damn beautiful. Some of the conversations between the three MC's are so funny and touching. I wish there was a sequel planned, because I love the characters and the way M. Millay made them so multi-layered, but I kind of want the ending preserved because it left off in a place that was nothing short of magical.
Janesville, CA
The Sea of Tranquility is a wonderful YA Romance about second chances. It's a story about two broken people who have an unexpected connection through their mutual pain. This is their journey to finding the healing they so desperately need. It's a very emotional and touching story, one that had me grabbing for the tissue box while I read it!
Otisville , Mi
Katja Millay has written a wonderful love story, though not in the traditional sense. I have not read a book of this caliber in years and still have phrases swimming in my head weeks after finishing it. Nastya and Josh are both misfits and find ways to learn more about themselves and others. I would highly recommend this book to anyone!
Roswell, GA
This book was okay for me. I was kind of annoyed that the main protagonist wouldn't talk, but the writing made up for it. This rivals John Green it's so good. I haven't read anything else from this author, but I plan to soon for sure. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves a romance with problems.
Greenfield, MA
DISCLAIMER: I was 30 years old when I read this. It was recommended HIGHLY by someone I know who is also the same age, and works with books for a living (aka, she reads a lot). While I thought it was a great story and found it to be a fast read and intriguing enough to keep me going, can't help to make comparisons to "Point of Retreat" and "Slammed" by Colleen Hoover. Maybe because I'm well out of my teens, I didn't get the hype.
I loved this book. I read it in a day! I literally could not put it down it was so good. I plan to read it again. There were so many good quotes and it was so captivating. And I'm typically the type to read the last chapter after I read the first few chapters because I like to know how they end first but this one I didn't. I was so captivated from the beginning that I didn't even read the last chapter first.
Central, SC
I found this book on Amazon and decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did! If you enjoy books that are character driven, deal with issues and emotions that are real, but give you hope that even the darkest times can be flooded with light, then you will love The Sea of Tranquility. This book will draw you in and you won't be able to put it down!
Hazlet, NJ
Bottom line this is an amazingly written story of two extremely broken teens, who with each other, find solace, strength, hope and eventually the ability to be themselves. No review I write can do justice to this story…all I can leave you with is the strong recommendation to pick this one up. I promise it will be a stand out.
Norristown, PA
Little slow in the beginning but once everything started coming together the book is fantastic! Not your typical YA/New Adult book, seemed more realistic than the others. Saw rave reviews of it from fellow Goodreads friends and it showed up on my TL on twitter. Knew it was a safe bet!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...