The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) uploaded by Sanya Z.The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) uploaded by Mélissa L.

BY RANDOM HOUSE

Read the second book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series that is soon to be a motion picture, hitting theaters September 18, 2015, and is perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. The first book, The Maze Runner, is now a movie featuring the star of MTV's Teen Wolf, Dylan O Brien; Kaya Scodelario; Aml Ameen; Will Poulter; and Thomas Brodie-Sangster! Also look for James Dashner s newest novels, The Eye of Minds and The Rule of Thoughts, the first two books in the Mortality Doctrine series. Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn t done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch. There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die. The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them. Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off. There are others now. Their survival depends on the Gladers destruction and they re determined to survive. Praise for the Maze Runner series: "[A] mysterious survival saga that passionate fans describe as a fusion of Lord of the Flies, The Hunger Games, and Lost." EW.com Wonderful action writing fast-pacedbut smart and well observed. Newsday [A] nail-biting must-read. Seventeen.com Breathless, cinematic action. Publishers Weekly Heart-pounding to the very last moment. Kirkus Reviews Exclamation-worthy. Romantic Times [ STAR ] James Dashner s illuminating prequel [ The Kill Order ] will thrill fans of this Maze Runner [series] and prove just as exciting for readers new to the series. Shelf Awareness, Starred From the Hardcover edition. see more...

Lisa G.
Despite the first book being so slow and this one not being any better, the plot compelled me to read another on in this series just because i was so curious what happens next.

The plot of the two movies is completely different, only loosely based.
Candice R.
Huntington , WV
The story is not more clear at the end of book 2 than it was at the end of book 1. We're left in the same state of confusion as the characters. Clearly they are guinea pigs in an experiment that dwarfs them all. Each survivor has been tested and shown their mettle. Children or not, they are warriors.

Those who made it out of the maze in the previous book are on the run again. With new terrain to negotiate and new monsters to battle, they work together to stay alive. Thomas longs to know Teresa's true motives, but it doesn't hinder his ability to contribute to the group. All you know is that whatever you think you know probably isn't true, and you are never safe.

The series is still holding my interest. The relationships are believable and the trials are WICKED. I'm exhausted just reading about them. I hope we finally start getting real answers in the next book, I have plenty of guesses.
Krista T.
The Scorch Trials is a roller coaster of a book. I felt so many different things while reading it but the major theme running through my head was…man, these guys have just the worst luck ever. I feel like the story was just one thing after another the entire story. At times I felt like I couldn’t catch a break just like the characters. I became really annoyed with the story line toward the end of the book. Like Thomas, my trust and loyalties are broken with certain characters. You don’t mistreat friends like that, no matter what, even if authority figures tell you you have no choice. You find a way around it. Needless to say I am completely miffed by this turn of events in the story line. I can’t trust any of them anymore. At the end, just like the ending to The Maze Runner (book 1 in the series), I was left with an Are you freaking kidding me?! feeling.

No matter how annoyed I am at certain events and characters in this book, I have to admit that I was sucked in from page one. It is a definite page-turner. The visuals that I got while reading were exquisite. If I had to compare this series to another series, I would have to say that it has a slight Hunger Games feel to it, though nothing can compete with my love of The Hunger Games series. This book has fighting for one’s life, death, and a high-octane need for rebellion.

The Scorch Trials may trigger some people to have psychological grief. It contains violence, blood, death, betrayal, hunger, and disease.
Brooke G.
Union Grove
Great follow up to the first book that will also keep you turning pages well into the night. I enjoyed this series a lot. Yes, I am an adult that reads YA books. It started by me wanting to be able to talk to my kids about the books that they were reading and took off from there. The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2)
Katye M.
Pittsfield, MA
After reading the first book I was hooked! I bought the whole series! The movie was way different. I prefer the book, I love all the detail they get into and how clearly they describe everything! Full of action a must read!
Shannon C.
My initial rating for this book on another site is "4" stars. I rated it right after reading it and gave it a higher rating because I was holding out hope since I liked Book One so much. After stepping back for several months, I would now rate this book at a "3". I wish I liked it more, really. I just couldn't. So many things in the book didn't line up and I felt annoyed with the "reasons" things happened. I still enjoyed Book Two a bit, but it made me start to dislike the series and I went into Book Three with low exceptions, thankfully.
Carolina C.
Owatonna, MN
This book was incredible and very interesting. I loved it and I'd read it over and over again if i could. There was sooo much action and especially answers that this book just gave me a lot of great feelings and emotions. It had me hooked. There was a big twist in this one with the characters Teresa and Thomas which made it ×10 as interesting. This series will forever be my all time favorite♡. I can't wait to read the next book after this!
Freddra R.
Homestead, FL
I did start reading and I did finish this book, sadly. The second book made me turn down reading the last book. Even though it deepened the plot, I feel as if it brought it to this point where no man can come back from. That's why I've put down reading the next book, deep down i know it wont deliver what i anticipate. And i was spoiled, but that's never actually stopped me from reading other books that've been spoiled...
Maury Jackeline Silva M.
Pittsburgh, PA
This book was slightly boring in comparison to the first book. But nonetheless I still enjoyed it and the whole series.
Jessica G.
Sheridan, AR
Book two of the maze runner series was my absolute favorite one from the series. Very entertaining and suspenseful, will keep you on your seat. I really enjoyed the series as a whole
cyn A.
Bridgeport, CT
Is the book better than the movies or the movies better than the book.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this a good series?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this similar to Divergent?