BY THE SALVATION ARMY #10 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• What's the best place to donate clothes ? The Salvation Army Goo...2 Answers
  • Do they take clothing donations at any time or do you need to cal...32 Answers
  • Have you guys brought food to them? If so what did you bring them?12 Answers
The Salvation Army
  • "Salvation Army is a great place for any old clothes or anything at all you don't need.If you don't need them don't throw them out." in 51 reviews
  • "I ring bells for them every year and we donate to our local store all the time and I think they are a great organization! " in 49 reviews
  • "I always donate my clothes to the Salvation Army but many of the ones I go to are horribly messy and it's impossible to find anything." in 49 reviews
  • "Whether it be donating clothes, buying clothes at their thrift stores, volunteering, or donating money, you can always help. " in 47 reviews
  • "This organization takes all of your unwanted items regardless of the category they fit into, even vehicles, and use those items to help people less fortunate can cannot afford those things." in 29 reviews
Kimberly D.
Kimberly D.
The Salvation Army is a great church and we are committed to providing outreach and support to those in need. There is a lot of talk about homophobia, so let me tell you, that is not the case. Everyone has their own beliefs, but as a church, we accept all who love God to come and worship. We help all in need and never ask the question of sexual orientation when interviewing people for support services. The Army is a great place for building relationships, so if you have a church near you, try it out on a Sunday. You just may like it!
Tanya A.
Tanya A.
Bennington, NE
Make sure to do your research before donating...it depends on which program/project the money is going towards. There are some wonderful people and excellent causes at this organization, but unfortunately there are also those who mismanage the hard earned money we donate in good faith. It's sad that we have to be so research savvy and do our homework before being kind. But, if all else fails...even if your money isn't used as you intended...you can never go wrong by helping others. YOU did the right thing.
Angel O.
Angel O.
Lexington, NC
Better place to give items to than the Goodwill, fo sure. There have been inconsistency with their stances on inclusion, particularly with the LGBTQ community. But they really do help. My suggestion would be to help on a more personal level though. Donate to specific things they do. I volunteered at a Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club in college and it was very rewarding and a much needed thing they were doing. Make sure you understand they are a church.
Bobbi P.
Bobbi P.
Yuba City, CA
I had a chance to work for Salvation Army homeless mentally ill program it was a great program and we had many clients it was a sad day when they had to close it all down and let all the people working go else where with no notice. It was devastating because are clients where lost with out us. This is a great organization if they would use there money the right way for all the programs and not just for the captains to get nice pay raises and all that.
Trinity G.
Trinity G.
Silver Spring, MD
The Salvation Army is a great organization that gives to those who can't afford much. They use their time to influence others to donate clothes and things that they don't want or need for other less forunate. I gave this org a 4 out of 5 since I am a Christian and I supported this very much because of their willingness to serve. Over the years, they have changed their beliefs, but nethertheless, they are a wonderful organization.
Jaiden J.
Jaiden J.
The Salvation Army is actually an extremely corrupt organization that is good at hiding it. Not only do they exploit their costumers and workers, and attempt to shove their own beliefs down the throats of others. They do not support equality of religion/faith, color/race, gender/sexual preference. It makes me so sad that people put their trust in this organization in hopes their donations go towards a good cause...
Shelby P.
Shelby P.
Galloway, OH
I love shopping at my local Salvation Army store because I can find incredible fashion at super low prices. However, lots of donations get thrown away, and the store is typically disorganized. I also don't love the way that lots of profits are spent on salaries instead of the actual efforts of the charity. Overall, it is a good place to shop, but it isn't my choice charity to donate items or money to.
Ada T.
Ada T.
El Monte, CA
Love the Salvation Army. I used to thrift here a lot when I was younger and in high school. A few times during college. I donate most of my unused belongings to Salvation Army because I like how when they sell to make money to donate, the prices aren't extortionate like Goodwill. The whole point is to help those who are less fortunate. Also they have a really great furniture selection!
Valerie N.
Valerie N.
La Vista, NE
I used to shop at their stores, but I did research the company and found some sad information. They are extremely homophobic and transphobic. They're very religious and I don't support companies that are super religious. They do a great job for the homeless and and those in need but I want to support somebody who won't turn anybody down because of their orientation and/or gender.
Rosa S.
Rosa S.
montevallo, AL
Me encanta
siempre me encanta tratar de ayudar a los demás y esta es una muy buena.opcion pues es justo ayudar.a aquellos.w defienden nuestra patria contribuyendo con cosas que para mi no son útiles pero que para otras personas.si lo son así como poder.obtener cosas útiles a muy buen precio y aparte ayudar con esta recaudación de recursos a los héroes de esta maravillosa patria
Erica Z.
Erica Z.
Has anyone donated at the Salvation Army?
Deborah V.
Deborah V.
Algoma, WI
Is the salvation army like the good will?
Alyce O.
Alyce O.
How often can you donate to the salvation army?
Sarah  M.
Sarah M.
Severna Park , Maryland
Is the Salvation Army in every state?
Luz Elaine P.
Luz Elaine P.
DO YOU DONATE YOUR STUFF HERE????