BY THE SALVATION ARMY #12 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• What's the best place to donate clothes ? The Salvation Army Goo...2 Answers
  • Do they take clothing donations at any time or do you need to cal...32 Answers
  • Have you guys brought food to them? If so what did you bring them?12 Answers
The Salvation Army
  • "Salvation Army is a great place for any old clothes or anything at all you don't need.If you don't need them don't throw them out." in 51 reviews
  • "I ring bells for them every year and we donate to our local store all the time and I think they are a great organization! " in 49 reviews
  • "I always donate my clothes to the Salvation Army but many of the ones I go to are horribly messy and it's impossible to find anything." in 49 reviews
  • "Whether it be donating clothes, buying clothes at their thrift stores, volunteering, or donating money, you can always help. " in 47 reviews
  • "This organization takes all of your unwanted items regardless of the category they fit into, even vehicles, and use those items to help people less fortunate can cannot afford those things." in 29 reviews
Arianna U.
Keego Harbor
The local Salvation Army I go to in West Bloomfield Michigan, is a pretty good Salvation Army. Of course it can get a bit messy (because duh, it's a thrift store) but for the most part, it's pretty well kept and has quite a bit of stuff to look through. I mainly shop their clothes, and will thrift through their jeans or tops and get them pretty cheap thanks to their special colored tags, and only pay like $4.00 for all of my items. I rarely pay over $5.00 when I go there, since they always have good deals.
Jess N.
Lake Charles, LA
Good Samaritan Expert
I've visited Salvation Army facilities all my life. I've also known people with disabilities to have an opportunity to work because of the Salvation Army so I find that great. I've shopped there many times. Others should shop here b/c you can get items you need & help others at the same time.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Good Samaritan Expert
I really think this is a valued organization that provides a great amount of shelter for the homeless, food for the hungry and mentoring and education for at risk children. All this happens intenationally through donations for everyone by bringing in their used and unwanted items to drop off centers so that they can be sold to people for raising dollars to make a difference.  The Salvation Army
Emily M.
Kirkland, WA
Good Samaritan Expert
The salvation army is great. The ones in my area do so much for the people in our community, it's so refreshing to see. They help with everything from clothing and emergency help with utilities and rent, to Christmas help for people who really need it. Another very respected charity in my book.
Sarah M.
Hilton
I flip clothing as a side biz so I am always hunting for cool vintage finds. The Salvation Army in Greece, New York is my absolute favorite. They often have really great furniture too! Great prices and well organized.
Tayla T.
Tullahoma, TN
I definitely have brought so many clothes that I've either lost or gained weight and couldn't fit in anymore as well as a lot of children's clothing. I love the feeling that I might be helping someone with clothes that I once enjoyed. However I still think they charge too much to resale
Jenna Q.
Land O Lakes, FL
Absolutely my all time favorite thrift store! On Wednesday’s they have half off clothes.. I’ve found brands like BCBG, Calvin Klein, urban out fitters, Ugg’s, toms, Nike, Lula Roe, Lilly Pulitzer ... and more! You can literally walk out of this store with a huge bag of clothes for $10! I like that they don’t make their prices higher for certain brands .. everything seems to have a set price!
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
Good Samaritan Expert
The Salvation Army is very prevalent in our community they help the under privileged by providing clothing, shoes, and household stuff for people who can't afford it. It is a wonderful charity.
Angel P.
I donate to the red kettles every holiday season, and shop their thrift store in my town for household stuff sometimes. I can't speak for other towns, but my local Salvation Army seems very organized and committed to their cause.
Stephanie S.
New Oxford, PA
Good Samaritan Expert
You always know when it's Christmas time with the bells ringing. I've always given my kids change to put in the big red buckets whenever we are out. It is a small gesture but teaches them the beginning of giving.
Erica Z.
Has anyone donated at the Salvation Army?
Alyce O.
How often can you donate to the salvation army?
Deborah V.
Algoma, WI
Is the salvation army like the good will?
Sarah  M.
Severna Park , Maryland
Is the Salvation Army in every state?
Luz Elaine P.
DO YOU DONATE YOUR STUFF HERE????