BY THE SALVATION ARMY #17 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• What's the best place to donate clothes ? The Salvation A...7 Answers
  • I have always donated clothing and can food to the Salvat...14 Answers
  • Do they take clothing donations at any time or do you nee...33 Answers
The Salvation Army
  • "Salvation Army is a great place for any old clothes or anything at all you don't need.If you don't need them don't throw them out." in 51 reviews
  • "I ring bells for them every year and we donate to our local store all the time and I think they are a great organization! " in 49 reviews
  • "I always donate my clothes to the Salvation Army but many of the ones I go to are horribly messy and it's impossible to find anything." in 49 reviews
  • "Whether it be donating clothes, buying clothes at their thrift stores, volunteering, or donating money, you can always help. " in 47 reviews
  • "This organization takes all of your unwanted items regardless of the category they fit into, even vehicles, and use those items to help people less fortunate can cannot afford those things." in 29 reviews
Tracy G.
Clearwater, FL
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
This is one of the best Charities you can donate to. About $0.81 per dollar go towards the programs. The mission of this organization is "to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world". Although I do not hundred percent agree with everything they stand for the Salvation Army offers assistance for Children and Families providing shelter for homeless people, providing basic necessities to those in need, and also Rehabilitation 4 those who are sick and in need of the help. With over 80% of the proceeds actually benefiting the communities this is one of the best charities around.
Jennifer K.
Cordova, SC
The salvation army is pretty awesome. They provide so many services to the community. Everyone has seen the Christmas collection buckets outside of places like Walmart during the holidays, but they do so much more throughout the year such as utility bill assistance, donating clothes and home goods to underprivileged people just starting out. Also the shopping is awesome. I take my four year old there to buy cute clothes for her. The stuff is in great shape and so cheap. On Saturdays they have a specific colored tag on sale and you get items for either .99 or .49 cents. Then I'm not upset when she gets makeup all over her new dress and ruins it because it was so cheap. Don't be too proud to shop here. You're gonna get great stuff for incredibly low prices and help a wonderful charity help your community.
Amy G.
Manasquan, NJ
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Such a great charity to give to! Whenever I’m cleaning out my closet, I always stop by and drop off my clothes. Sometimes I’ll even donate toys to them, especially around Christmas time! I’ll donate at least 3 or 4 times a year! My family has been donating things to them for years! They are truly a great organization!
paige w.
This is a nice charity! You can donate/buy belongings, and most of the profit will benefit charity. Through this, they are supporting the community and sharing the love of Christ. They sadly have to keep some of the profit, though probably to maintain facilities and pay the bills, which is understandable. Great place to shop and donate, knowing you are helping someone else regardless.
Tiffany Y.
I love thrifting at the Salvation Army! You never what you'll find- lots of designer and high end options! Pro-tip- make sure you never say the names of designers out loud when you are in the store! You definitely don't want to inadvertently raise the prices of the things you love! The prices will stay lower if you are low key in the store- you can celebrate in the car or at home! 😉
DJayy R.
My family donates our time to Salvation Army especially during the holidays. So many children go without even a hope of a gift from Santa and knowing that they will have a smile on their face makes things better. They have so many ways to help people whether it's helping pay bills, give clothing or food it's an honor to be able to help this organization.
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham, PA
The Salvation Army is a great cause. I love all that they do for people in need! I donate a lot of my clothing and my sons toys to there as well. The process is easy and the staff is really nice. I believe this is a cause everyone should support. And anything you have that you don’t want take it there before you throw it out!
Emily G.
Middleton
I have many childhood memories of my dad or grandpa giving me money to put into the red bucket. In high school, ringing bells for the Salvation Army was one of my favorite ways to give back. It’s an upstanding and reliable charity that has been around forever. They help SO many people in so many ways.
Shelly M.
Harrison, TN
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
This company does nice things for the communities. I love the bell ringers at christmas time. Shopping at that time of the year just would not be the same without them. I also love that they do the tree for christmas. So many people struggle to get christmas presents for their kids. SUCH a blessing!
Jess N.
Lake Charles, LA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I've visited Salvation Army facilities all my life. I've also known people with disabilities to have an opportunity to work because of the Salvation Army so I find that great. I've shopped there many times. Others should shop here b/c you can get items you need & help others at the same time.
Erica Z.
Has anyone donated at the Salvation Army?
Alyce O.
How often can you donate to the salvation army?
Deborah V.
Algoma, WI
Is the salvation army like the good will?
Sarah  M.
Severna Park , Maryland
Is the Salvation Army in every state?
Luz Elaine P.
DO YOU DONATE YOUR STUFF HERE????