BY THE SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD

• Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this game ...9 Answers
  • Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recomme...10 Answers
  • WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER22 Answers
The Saints Row: The Third
  • "This game is similar to the grand theft auto series, but Saints Row: The Third goes all the way with humor and mature content." in 28 reviews
  • "In the saints row the third you can do EVERYTHING from racing to running infront of cars to get hit for insurance money to beating enemies with huge dildos (its really funny actually) it has a great story line & i love all the different things you can do with it." in 13 reviews
  • "The graphics are great and the co-op is so much fun to play your story with another person (Xbox 360)!" in 11 reviews
  • "A painfully obvious parody of Grand Theft Auto and similar, open world, third person, action-adventure series, this game is full of pointless violence and vapid humor." in 8 reviews
  • "The variety of the missions keeps the game from feeling repetitive, and even the side missions such as the assassinations are different enough from each other to prevent me from being bored." in 6 reviews
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
Des Moines, IA
This game has some hilarious adult themes. It's not all a gimmick though, this is a genuinely fun game.
Stephanie E.
Stephanie E.
Sun Valley, NV
As a person who fell in love with the charm of the first game, the third game in this series just feels wrong.

If you enjoy one long tutorial, and getting everything handed to you this is the game for you. If you enjoy an actual game, I'd pass this one up. Yeah it's fun for running around mindlessly blowing everything up, but somewhere along the way they lost the charm that was saints row.
Janie K.
Janie K.
East Lynn, WV
I received this game for Xbox 360 as a birthday present last year and have beat it 3 times . I recently purchased it again through Steam because I enjoyed it so much.
Dinorah R.
Dinorah R.
N Arlington, NJ
I don't understand the fuss over this game. my brother and his friends rave about it. it's alright, but nothing different from gta and every other game out there like it.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Wichita, KS
Since the first Saint's Row was released as a shockingly blatant knockoff of Grand Theft Auto, fans have debated Saint's Row's value as anything *but* a knockoff. That question was pretty emphatically answered.

Pros:
-self-aware, unpretentious fun
-huge graphical improvement over Saint's Row 2
-streamline mission structure lends coherence to the overall story of the game

Cons-
-much less customization than previous games
-story gets stale at times
-occasionally too in love with its own puerile humor
Angela G.
Angela G.
I absolutely love this game, and i like the gameplay (even though I'm not usually into 3rd person shooters) and i loved my characters personality. The jokes are a little weak, but not enough to distract from the interesting characters and plot.
Cozette Z.
Cozette Z.
Elizabethtown, PA
If you like gta, you will probably love this. Its basically GTA with the ridiculousness turned up to 11. You can shoot people out of a cannon mounted on top of a truck. I think that says enough. Also every aspect of the game is completely customizable.
Nicholas T.
Nicholas T.
Brockton, MA
Let me start with what this game did right.
A third person city-based crime game sits in a genre dominated by Grand Theft Auto. Volition successfully noticed this and made SR3 wildly different from the GTA franchise. It's fun, action-packed and brutally crazy. All these things culminate to form a great multiplayer experience, and a great game to laugh about with your friends.
So why was I disappointed? Because Saints Row 1 and 2 were so much more. They had ELEMENTS of craziness, but the story kept an undertone of seriousness and intensity, with a roller coaster of drama and gang mishaps. The story really was emotional. SR3 completely scrapped any pretense of seriousness, and through the story arc out the window. We only see the return of Gat, Pierce and Shaundi, and Gat dies. Really?
No other characters from the other games are seen. The storylines involving your former gang members remain unresolved, and the continuation is kind of just awkward. I'm supposed to just believe that the Saints simply became a corporate success? And that Shaundi went from the multidimentional cool and ambitious, but actually nervous underneath character, to some simple 'bad ass chick'?
It's just silly. The whole game was silly. People will argue that it was meant to be all silly, but if Volition kept with the mostly serious attitude they applied to the previous installments, they could have had a SERIOUS competitor to Grand Theft Auto.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Baton Rouge, LA
I love this game! I play it all the time! i still haven't beat it yet though. I love the concept! i recommend this game to everyone!
Nikiah G.
Ooh where to start? I'm so obsessed with this game, I didn't think I would like it but I'm glad I chose to try it now I'm addicted to it. I love how u can create your own character and drive whatever cars. I would recommend this to everyone.
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Utica, NY
WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Albany, GA
Is there anything you don't like about Saints Row?
Jesus R.
Jesus R.
San Elizario, TX
Who else thinks this game was kind off of Grand Theft Auto?
Nikiah G.
Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recommend?
Jon F.
Jon F.
Milwaukee, WI
Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this game was such a joke?