BY THE SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD

• Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this gam...9 Answers
  • Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recom...10 Answers
  • WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER22 Answers
The Saints Row: The Third
  • "This game is similar to the grand theft auto series, but Saints Row: The Third goes all the way with humor and mature content." in 28 reviews
  • "In the saints row the third you can do EVERYTHING from racing to running infront of cars to get hit for insurance money to beating enemies with huge dildos (its really funny actually) it has a great story line & i love all the different things you can do with it." in 13 reviews
  • "The graphics are great and the co-op is so much fun to play your story with another person (Xbox 360)!" in 11 reviews
  • "A painfully obvious parody of Grand Theft Auto and similar, open world, third person, action-adventure series, this game is full of pointless violence and vapid humor." in 8 reviews
  • "The variety of the missions keeps the game from feeling repetitive, and even the side missions such as the assassinations are different enough from each other to prevent me from being bored." in 6 reviews
Chris B.
Eden Prairie, MN
This game is very fun and has endless options of destruction. Although that can also be a con. As much as there is to do in this game, it can be very easy to get lost in it all. Sure, bashing innocent civilians with a huge d!ldo is fun, but remember there is also a campaign to complete. The campaign in this game is very entertaining and will always keep you on your toes. For the first time, i actually like the songs in this game. The ability to customize cars have a gang is basically the only difference between this and Grand Theft Auto 4, but boy is it an amazing difference. Being able to run around in a customized car full of ninjas is easily one of my favorite parts about this game. Another thing that this game has going for it is Horde mode, where you basically kill an array of mascots, hookers, and roided out freaks with big guns.
Courtney P.
Beaverton, OR
I don't think I've ever laughed so much while playing a video game.

To be fair, this is my introduction to the Saints Row franchise. I have not played any of the previous ones, and I have heard that III is more difficult to enjoy if you are a fan of the previous two. But I am NOT, and so I can wholeheartedly say that this is just pure fun through and through.

I'm not a fan of FPS games, and have never been much into Grand Theft Auto, so whatever this game does differently, it does well. The variety of the missions keeps the game from feeling repetitive, and even the side missions such as the assassinations are different enough from each other to prevent me from being bored. I like that the landscape and scenery changes throughout the storyline depending on which choices you make in the game.

I also have to mention that this is the most fun drunk game ever. It was made for drunk gaming, particularly with friends. I've laughed so hard I've almost peed. I've put over fifty hours into the game so far, and look forward to even more.
Jennifer R.
Pullman, WA
This is the first of the Saints Row games I've played, and I feel that I've been missing out if the previous two are anything like this one.

First off, the character customization is some of the best that I've seen. Having played the similar GTA, and being stuck with a pre-fab main character, it was refreshing being able to customize the main character. The differing attitudes and responses based on said characterization is icing on the cake. My husband also played this, and I frequently found myself going "my character didn't say that!!!".

The open world play is just as fun as the plot line quests and is full of campy, snarky fun. I would and have recommended this to many of my gamer friends.
Shelby M.
Ville Platte, LA
Eh, I'm not a huge fan of games with this style. This and Grand Theft Auto are a little bit too...."thug" for me, I suppose. I just never could get into the whole idea of being the 'bad guy', killing random people walking on the street, prostitutes, stealing cars, running from the cops....I mean.. It's games like this that made so many parents hate games so much. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the games I enjoy playing have lots of blood and gore and monsters....but the games I play also allow me to be the hero. Call me a "goody-two-shoes," but I much prefer being the hero than pointlessly being a crazy criminal for absolutely no point and reason..
Tanya O.
Baton Rouge, LA
This is one of the funnest games I have played! I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who has not played yet but this game is so over-the-top in a great wat! It has a boat-load of things to do! From regular missions to smaller activities, to car and person customization! I love how you can make your character look just like you! The graphics are great and the co-op is so much fun to play your story with another person (Xbox 360)! I continue to enjoy this game even though Saints Row 4 came out. This game is DEFINITELY not for children!!! I cannot believe I saw a review suggesting this for children! Anyway, excellent game! Go get it!
Louis S.
Frederick, MD
I like this one better than the first or second, and even better than the new one, the fourth one that has come out in the series. This one is the perfect balance of crazy, funny, yet realistic and exciting. It still has plenty of the whole 'gang banging' experience that has made these types of games so thrilling with just the right amount of gag humor thrown in. Be advised, this game is not for the family! Lots of references and brief "exposure".
Veronica B.
E Northport, NY
As a player of the series, I think its absurd to continously call Saints Row a "GTA rip off" because it definitely escaped that label after the first game. By this game, one of the only similarities is the urban setting and combat style. Aside from that, Saints Row has achieved in making a series thats full of story, great characters, and up-to-date graphics while still being able to make fun of itself and have a sense of humor. Great for new gamers and someone just looking to have fun. This one and four are easily the best, but if you're looking to keep some sense of realism, this one is the better option.
Traci L.
Philadelphia, PA
Story line changes dramatically through the course of the trilogy. It's much more silly and whacky - which is pretty great. A very goofy version of GTA. I suppose it's a satire to GTA anyway. It's really fun - and if you love GTA, you'll love this game. Graphics are nice, there's a lot of cool weapons and clothing to choose from. The co-op is pretty good too! I believe you'll play through this game maybe once or twice. If not play through, you'll keep going back to destroy things lol. I think a game with high replay value is definitely worth the money you spent on it.
Monica R.
Odessa, Tx
Saints Row 3 seemed like a repeat of part 1. The only noticeable differences in this game is the graphics, the extras, and the enhanced create your own feature. In the game you can now play as a man or a woman. However, the story line doesn't change. The most memorable part for me is when the character gets stuck in a world that resembles a "Leave it to Beaver" or a "Small Ville" type world. Other than that it is a non-stop blowing stuff up, making out with the other "important" characters in the game and an awkward alien that is trying to incinerate you.
Kimberly M.
Ephrata, PA
I downloaded this game when it was free for Xbox live gold members, I probably never would have bought it, but since it was free I gave it a shot. This game is really inappropriate but for an adult, it's not really a big deal. The story line was kind of short I felt, but I really enjoyed it. I also like how even after you complete the story mission there are so many more challenges and achievements to complete. The open world makes this game so much fun. I would definitely recommend it for adults who like games that combine humor, shooting, and a good plot!!
Amanda P.
Utica, NY
WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER
Jennifer S.
Albany, GA
Is there anything you don't like about Saints Row?
Jesus R.
San Elizario, TX
Who else thinks this game was kind off of Grand Theft Auto?
Nikiah G.
Houston , TX
Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recommend?
Jon F.
Milwaukee, WI
Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this game was such a joke?