BY THE SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD

• Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this gam...9 Answers
  • Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recom...10 Answers
  • WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER22 Answers
The Saints Row: The Third
  • "This game is similar to the grand theft auto series, but Saints Row: The Third goes all the way with humor and mature content." in 28 reviews
  • "In the saints row the third you can do EVERYTHING from racing to running infront of cars to get hit for insurance money to beating enemies with huge dildos (its really funny actually) it has a great story line & i love all the different things you can do with it." in 13 reviews
  • "The graphics are great and the co-op is so much fun to play your story with another person (Xbox 360)!" in 11 reviews
  • "A painfully obvious parody of Grand Theft Auto and similar, open world, third person, action-adventure series, this game is full of pointless violence and vapid humor." in 8 reviews
  • "The variety of the missions keeps the game from feeling repetitive, and even the side missions such as the assassinations are different enough from each other to prevent me from being bored." in 6 reviews
Shelby M.
Ville Platte, LA
Eh, I'm not a huge fan of games with this style. This and Grand Theft Auto are a little bit too...."thug" for me, I suppose. I just never could get into the whole idea of being the 'bad guy', killing random people walking on the street, prostitutes, stealing cars, running from the cops....I mean.. It's games like this that made so many parents hate games so much. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the games I enjoy playing have lots of blood and gore and monsters....but the games I play also allow me to be the hero. Call me a "goody-two-shoes," but I much prefer being the hero than pointlessly being a crazy criminal for absolutely no point and reason..
Tanya O.
Baton Rouge, LA
This is one of the funnest games I have played! I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who has not played yet but this game is so over-the-top in a great wat! It has a boat-load of things to do! From regular missions to smaller activities, to car and person customization! I love how you can make your character look just like you! The graphics are great and the co-op is so much fun to play your story with another person (Xbox 360)! I continue to enjoy this game even though Saints Row 4 came out. This game is DEFINITELY not for children!!! I cannot believe I saw a review suggesting this for children! Anyway, excellent game! Go get it!
Louis S.
Frederick, MD
I like this one better than the first or second, and even better than the new one, the fourth one that has come out in the series. This one is the perfect balance of crazy, funny, yet realistic and exciting. It still has plenty of the whole 'gang banging' experience that has made these types of games so thrilling with just the right amount of gag humor thrown in. Be advised, this game is not for the family! Lots of references and brief "exposure".
Veronica B.
E Northport, NY
As a player of the series, I think its absurd to continously call Saints Row a "GTA rip off" because it definitely escaped that label after the first game. By this game, one of the only similarities is the urban setting and combat style. Aside from that, Saints Row has achieved in making a series thats full of story, great characters, and up-to-date graphics while still being able to make fun of itself and have a sense of humor. Great for new gamers and someone just looking to have fun. This one and four are easily the best, but if you're looking to keep some sense of realism, this one is the better option.
Traci L.
Philadelphia, PA
Story line changes dramatically through the course of the trilogy. It's much more silly and whacky - which is pretty great. A very goofy version of GTA. I suppose it's a satire to GTA anyway. It's really fun - and if you love GTA, you'll love this game. Graphics are nice, there's a lot of cool weapons and clothing to choose from. The co-op is pretty good too! I believe you'll play through this game maybe once or twice. If not play through, you'll keep going back to destroy things lol. I think a game with high replay value is definitely worth the money you spent on it.
Kimberly M.
Ephrata, PA
I downloaded this game when it was free for Xbox live gold members, I probably never would have bought it, but since it was free I gave it a shot. This game is really inappropriate but for an adult, it's not really a big deal. The story line was kind of short I felt, but I really enjoyed it. I also like how even after you complete the story mission there are so many more challenges and achievements to complete. The open world makes this game so much fun. I would definitely recommend it for adults who like games that combine humor, shooting, and a good plot!!
Monica R.
Odessa, Tx
Saints Row 3 seemed like a repeat of part 1. The only noticeable differences in this game is the graphics, the extras, and the enhanced create your own feature. In the game you can now play as a man or a woman. However, the story line doesn't change. The most memorable part for me is when the character gets stuck in a world that resembles a "Leave it to Beaver" or a "Small Ville" type world. Other than that it is a non-stop blowing stuff up, making out with the other "important" characters in the game and an awkward alien that is trying to incinerate you.
Kristopher B.
Orlando, FL
As a gamer who has enjoyed previous Saints Row titles, I eagerly awaited the new Saints Row: The Third. Luckily I was not at all disappointed with the new installment of the Saints Row Series. Volition upped the graphics engine, animations, and tweaked various gameplay mechanics for SRIII, to live up to the reputation of a Saints Row game. Although some extra features have been trimmed out of the previous game, the updated graphics, in-depth customization and wide array of side missions keeps SRIII from becoming dull, and never failed to entertain. Expect to complete the main story in about 20 hours, but if you try to go for full completion, there is easily over 60 hours of content for any gamer!
Ashley C.
Wichita, KS
Since the first Saint's Row was released as a shockingly blatant knockoff of Grand Theft Auto, fans have debated Saint's Row's value as anything *but* a knockoff. That question was pretty emphatically answered.

Pros:
-self-aware, unpretentious fun
-huge graphical improvement over Saint's Row 2
-streamline mission structure lends coherence to the overall story of the game

Cons-
-much less customization than previous games
-story gets stale at times
-occasionally too in love with its own puerile humor
Cassie P.
If you like Grand Theft Auto but you find yourself thinking "hmm gee there are simply not enough hookers and pimps for my to hit with my car" look no further. This game is funny, crude, and super badass. I personally drove a pink Vespa dressed as a big busted super hero who beat people and cars to death with a giant purple dildo. You can't get much better than that.
Amanda P.
Utica, NY
WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER
Jennifer S.
Albany, GA
Is there anything you don't like about Saints Row?
Jesus R.
San Elizario, TX
Who else thinks this game was kind off of Grand Theft Auto?
Nikiah G.
Houston , TX
Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recommend?
Jon F.
Milwaukee, WI
Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this game was such a joke?