BY THE SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD

• Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this game ...9 Answers
  • Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recomme...10 Answers
  • WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER22 Answers
The Saints Row: The Third
  • "This game is similar to the grand theft auto series, but Saints Row: The Third goes all the way with humor and mature content." in 28 reviews
  • "In the saints row the third you can do EVERYTHING from racing to running infront of cars to get hit for insurance money to beating enemies with huge dildos (its really funny actually) it has a great story line & i love all the different things you can do with it." in 13 reviews
  • "The graphics are great and the co-op is so much fun to play your story with another person (Xbox 360)!" in 11 reviews
  • "A painfully obvious parody of Grand Theft Auto and similar, open world, third person, action-adventure series, this game is full of pointless violence and vapid humor." in 8 reviews
  • "The variety of the missions keeps the game from feeling repetitive, and even the side missions such as the assassinations are different enough from each other to prevent me from being bored." in 6 reviews
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
I have never played the previous game before but I really enjoyed the game. I had for a long time before I returned to gamefly.
Courtney P.
Courtney P.
Beaverton, OR
I don't think I've ever laughed so much while playing a video game.

To be fair, this is my introduction to the Saints Row franchise. I have not played any of the previous ones, and I have heard that III is more difficult to enjoy if you are a fan of the previous two. But I am NOT, and so I can wholeheartedly say that this is just pure fun through and through.

I'm not a fan of FPS games, and have never been much into Grand Theft Auto, so whatever this game does differently, it does well. The variety of the missions keeps the game from feeling repetitive, and even the side missions such as the assassinations are different enough from each other to prevent me from being bored. I like that the landscape and scenery changes throughout the storyline depending on which choices you make in the game.

I also have to mention that this is the most fun drunk game ever. It was made for drunk gaming, particularly with friends. I've laughed so hard I've almost peed. I've put over fifty hours into the game so far, and look forward to even more.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Howell, NJ
Stupid fun. Definitely a fun time waster. The open world aspect is pretty cool. You can run around as a hotdog, a toilet, or even naked. Also, there are zombies.
Brandon B.
Brandon B.
Clarkston, MI
I'm going to start my review by saying that for about a year, this was my favorite game on the 360. SRtT took what I loved about the first two Saints Row games and made it completely over the top! While the first two had a little bit more of a serious tone, this game threw that out the window and packed as many giant dildos, mascots, zombies, celebrities, luchadores and cyber shenanigans as they could in the game, and it's definitely all the better for it! I logged a good 50-60 hours into this game, between the main story, side quests, collectibles, customization options for your character and cars and just going around killing people, and I don't think I was bored for even a second. That said, this isn't a perfect game. I don't have too many complaints with the game, but one glaring one is that they took out some of the customization options from the second game. In SR2, you could customize boats, helicopters and even your various houses. Those options have been completely stripped from SRtT. Some would argue that the game makes up for it with all the customization options for cars, motorcycles and (arguably most important) your character, but it really bummed me out that I couldn't pack my house full of stripper poles and beds that put Olympic sized swimming pools to shame. Other than that, and a few minor glitches that have probably been patched by now, I love this game with a passion! From it's controls to the graphics to the story and especially the crude sense of humor, it's as close to perfect as one can get, in my not-so-humble opinion.
ashley w.
ashley w.
Troutman, NC
To me and I'm sure to some others, its almost like a knock off version of GTA. Its a good game with a decent story line though.
Jackie L.
Jackie L.
Way more fun than the Grand Theft Auto series. This sandbox games is even better due to lots of over-the-top humour and violence, a funky and colourful visual aesthetic and variety of unlocks make this game almost always a joy to play. The in-game city is pretty enough to be enjoyable to commute through, but the graphics don't require a set-up akin to what Crysis did back in 2007. However, some of the side quests are punishingly difficult, almost impossible without a co-op partner--which can be hard to find, do to imbalance (there's not a lot of incentive, other than philanthropic, to re-play a frustrating quest with another user). The game can definitely continue to be enjoyable for multiple play-throughs, but eventually there will be a point when you'll have to ask: 'What's next?' The lack of an online multi-player mode cuts the game's life span, and let's just say that Ubisoft's DLC is less than satiating (a lot of it--paid for--is just costume packs). Fortunately, since the beginning of SR3's release, the fourth instalment of the game has been on the horizon, and teased to be even more engrossingly ridiculous. But for now, this game is still one of the biggest stand-alone blasts out there.
Philip R.
Philip R.
North Arlington
This game is extremely fun because the things that you are able to do in the game makes you want to continue to do the same thing over and over, it is by far the funniest game I have ever played. this is the only game I have ever played that there is a challenge for running around naked it is hilarious.
Nadia A.
Nadia A.
San Diego, CA
I really like this game and it has good missions
Bryn M.
Bryn M.
Naperville, IL
I cant say anything bad about this game i mean dildos haha
Merchon B.
Merchon B.
Rochester, NY
My boyfriend loves these games. They are entertaining, you can change your character so much, and there are a ton of different challenges. He is a teacher and took most of the summer to finish everything. Great action
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Utica, NY
WHAT ST ROW DO U LIKE BETTER
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Albany, GA
Is there anything you don't like about Saints Row?
Jesus R.
Jesus R.
San Elizario, TX
Who else thinks this game was kind off of Grand Theft Auto?
Nikiah G.
Nikiah G.
Has anyone played the new saints row? if so how is it? do u recommend?
Jon F.
Jon F.
Milwaukee, WI
Did anyone else get this free download on XBOX and think this game was such a joke?