BY WES ANDERSON

Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman) and his wife, Etheline (Anjelica Huston), had three children -- Chas, Margot, and Richie -- and then they separated. Chas (Ben Stiller) started buying real estate in his early teens and seemed to have an almost preternatural understanding of international finance. Margot (Gwyneth Paltrow) was a playwright and received a Braverman Grant of $50,000 in the ninth grade. Richie (Luke Wilson) was a junior champion tennis player and won the U.S. Nationals three years in a row. Virtually all memory of the brilliance of the young Tenenbaums was subsequently erased by two decades of betrayal, failure, and disaster. Touchstone Home Entertainment is proud to present Wes Anderson's hilarious, touching, and brilliantly stylized study of melancholy and redemption.

The Royal Tenenbaums
  • "Wes Anderson as his best, I can watch my Royal Tenenbaums dvd over and over and it remains just as good as the first time watching it." in 2 reviews
  • "I love to sit there and laugh even though I know everything that is going to happen." in 1 review
BEKAH S.
Hope Mills, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love Ben Stiller, I did not love this movie. It was likable but not something that I'd watch over and over again. If you haven't seen it yet, I would suggest a watch.
Crystal B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This is such a fun movie. Wes Anderson always makes such quirky characters and this cast is brilliant. This isn't the typical comedy, but I think it's charming.
Vinessa G.
Maywood, CA
Such a great movie! Great acting. The story is amazing. My favorite scene is when everyone gets along in the end. The family comes together. Love the music!
Jess K.
Minneapolis, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Royal Tenenbaums is an irreverent, charming comedy that strikes a balance between dark humor and poetic storytelling. Definitely a cult classic.
Rachel G.
State College, PA
Another quirky classic from Wes Anderson. The suicide scene with Eliott Smith's Needle in the Hay is so well done and hits me hard every time.
Katie W.
Bluffton, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
One of my favorite ever independent films. I could watch this movie again and again. It's filled with clever comedy and fun music.
Kristen S.
Louisville, KY
Such a quirky, great movie. It's so odd and strange but at the same time so real and awesome. Wes Anderson is a smart dude.
Allison S.
Binghamton, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
AmaZing movie created by the always amazing Wes Anderson. Creative story line with beautiful cinematography.
Nikki S.
Lisbon , IA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Good movie. Something to rent when you have a weekend at home. I found it sad and funny.
Kelli W.
Another great Wes Anderson movie. If you like his other films, you'll love this one, too!
Tiffany N.
Oklahoma City , OK
Is this movie worth watching. I've heard mixed reviews on the movie and don't want to waste my time.
Crystal L.
I have to know what does everyone that likes this movie see that I missed? Yes awesome cast but what else is great about this movie?
Victoria F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Where does this take place?