BY WES ANDERSON

Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman) and his wife, Etheline (Anjelica Huston), had three children -- Chas, Margot, and Richie -- and then they separated. Chas (Ben Stiller) started buying real estate in his early teens and seemed to have an almost preternatural understanding of international finance. Margot (Gwyneth Paltrow) was a playwright and received a Braverman Grant of $50,000 in the ninth grade. Richie (Luke Wilson) was a junior champion tennis player and won the U.S. Nationals three years in a row. Virtually all memory of the brilliance of the young Tenenbaums was subsequently erased by two decades of betrayal, failure, and disaster. Touchstone Home Entertainment is proud to present Wes Anderson's hilarious, touching, and brilliantly stylized study of melancholy and redemption.

The Royal Tenenbaums
  • "Wes Anderson as his best, I can watch my Royal Tenenbaums dvd over and over and it remains just as good as the first time watching it." in 2 reviews
  • "I love to sit there and laugh even though I know everything that is going to happen." in 1 review
Katie P.
Brooklyn, NY
This is one of Wes Anderson's best. A beautifully designed film that has humor and heart. The cast is jam packed with stars turning in hilarious and dimensional performances: Gene Hackman, Anjelica Houston, Ben Stiller, Own and Luke Wilson, Gwenth Paltrow, Bill Murray, and Danny Glover to name a few. And like all Anderson films, the soundtrack is superb.
Sarah R.
Mcallen, TX
My number 1 favorite Wes Anderson film. Every character is so complex I could watch this movie a million times and never get tired of it. It makes you feel every emotion
Jess K.
Minneapolis, MN
The Royal Tenenbaums is an irreverent, charming comedy that strikes a balance between dark humor and poetic storytelling. Definitely a cult classic.
Katie W.
Bluffton, SC
One of my favorite ever independent films. I could watch this movie again and again. It's filled with clever comedy and fun music.
Crystal L.
What a cast! Had such potential to be fabulous movie. Not that it's lacking humor and wit but I just could not get into this movie as much as I thought and hoped. But everyone has their own taste in what is humorous to them. This movie was too 'Woody Allen'ish for me. I gave it a C only for the wonderful actors that filled every inch of film.
Lauren S.
San Jose, CA
I went through a phase, about 12 years ago, where I was rather obsessed with quirky films. Think lots of Wes Anderson, I Heart Huckabees, and pretty much anything featuring Jason Schwartzman. The Royal Tenenbaums moved me to tears the first time I watched it as a 17 year old that NEVER cried... Great film!
Cindy S.
I'm a huge fan of Wes Anderson and I consider this to be one of my favorites from him. The Royal Tenenbaums is essentially about a dysfunctional family. The film's humor is quirky and witty.
Cecilia C.
West Allis, WI
Very funny movie, the family is so messed up and there are a lot of stars in it. The sister is my favorite character. I'd definitely suggest this movie to anyone with an offbeat sense of humor. Not a movie I want to watch over and over again though.
stephanie h.
Massillon, OH
There is just something about this movie that has made me watch it over and over again. I love to sit there and laugh even though I know everything that is going to happen. I'm usually more into horror movies, but the first time I saw this movie it grabbed my attention and kept it which is something that not a lot of movies are able to do.
Anne H.
Durham, NC
Your typical wes anderson film! this tends to be most peoples favorite film by anderson. it is of course quirky, whimsical, and at some points nonsensical. but it is so entertaining and the aesthetics of anderson as a director are unique and amazing!
Tiffany N.
Oklahoma City, OK
Is this movie worth watching. I've heard mixed reviews on the movie and don't want to waste my time.
Crystal L.
I have to know what does everyone that likes this movie see that I missed? Yes awesome cast but what else is great about this movie?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert
Where does this take place?