The Royal Tenenbaums

by Wes Anderson

Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman) and his wife, Etheline (Anjelica Huston), had three children -- Chas, Margot, and Richie -- and then they separated. Chas (Ben Stiller) started buying real estate in his early teens and seemed to have an almost preternatural understanding of international finance. Margot (Gwyneth Paltrow) was a playwright and received a Braverman Grant of $50,000 in the ninth grade. Richie (Luke Wilson) was a junior champion tennis player and won the U.S. Nationals three years in a row. Virtually all memory of the brilliance of the young Tenenbaums was subsequently erased by two decades of betrayal, failure, and disaster. Touchstone Home Entertainment is proud to present Wes Anderson's hilarious, touching, and brilliantly stylized study of melancholy and redemption.

Where does this take place?
Is this movie worth watching. I've heard mixed reviews on the movie and don't want to waste my time.
I have to know what does everyone that likes this movie see that I missed? Yes awesome cast but what else is great about this movie?
Start your review of The Royal Tenenbaums!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Wes Anderson as his best, I can watch my Royal Tenenbaums dvd over and over and it remains just as good as the first time watching it.in reviews
I love to sit there and laugh even though I know everything that is going to happen.in reviews
Bluffton, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
One of my favorite ever independent films. I could watch this movie again and again. It's filled with clever comedy and fun music.
Mcallen, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My number 1 favorite Wes Anderson film. Every character is so complex I could watch this movie a million times and never get tired of it. It makes you feel every emotion
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is one of Wes Anderson's best. A beautifully designed film that has humor and heart. The cast is jam packed with stars turning in hilarious and dimensional performances: Gene Hackman, Anjelica Houston, Ben Stiller, Own and Luke Wilson, Gwenth Paltrow, Bill Murray, and Danny Glover to name a few. And like all Anderson films, the soundtrack is superb.
Minneapolis, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Royal Tenenbaums is an irreverent, charming comedy that strikes a balance between dark humor and poetic storytelling. Definitely a cult classic.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm a huge fan of Wes Anderson and I consider this to be one of my favorites from him. The Royal Tenenbaums is essentially about a dysfunctional family. The film's humor is quirky and witty.
Maywood, CA
Such a great movie! Great acting. The story is amazing. My favorite scene is when everyone gets along in the end. The family comes together. Love the music!
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
🎶 Oh Tenenbaums! Oh Tenenbaums! 🎶 I love this movie 🎥. I love Wes Anderson.
🎶 Oh Tenenbaums! Oh Tenenbaums! 🎶 I love this movie 🎥. I love Wes Anderson.
Detroit, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
AmaZing movie created by the always amazing Wes Anderson. Creative story line with beautiful cinematography.
hope mills, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love Ben Stiller, I did not love this movie. It was likable but not something that I'd watch over and over again. If you haven't seen it yet, I would suggest a watch.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Absolutely loved it. As always with Wes Anderson it had the signature beautiful cinematography, clean symmetrical shots, whimsical, at times twisted humor, and although this one had a kind of depressing ending, I loved it overall.