The Purge (Blu-ray + Digital HD) (Widescreen) uploaded by Karen S.The Purge (Blu-ray + Digital HD) (Widescreen) uploaded by Karen S.

BY UNI DIST CORP. MCA

In an America wracked by crime and overcrowded prisons, the government has sanctioned an annual 12-hour period in which any and all criminal activity - including murder - becomes legal. The police can't be called. Hospitals suspend help. It's one night when the citizenry regulates itself without thought of punishment. On this night plagued by violence and an epidemic of crime, one family wrestles with the decision of who they will become when a stranger comes knocking. When an intruder breaks into James Sandin's (Ethan Hawke) gated community during the yearly lockdown, he begins a sequence of events that threatens to tear a family apart. Now, it is up to James, his wife, Mary (Lena Headey), and their kids to make it through the night without turning into the monsters from whom they hide. Digital Copy Subject To Expiration;"Surviving The Night: The Making Of 'The Purge'". Languages: English, French and Spanish, Subtitles: English SDH (Subtitles for Deaf and Hearing Impaired), French and Spanish. see more...

Eric S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I put off watching The Purge for four freaking years because so many people had said it was awful.

Those people are insane.

The Purge is a wonderful, contained thriller set against the backdrop of an incredibly original and inventive concept. Ethan Hawke leads a great cast - including the always wonderful Lena Headey (who will forever be Sarah Connor to me). Cinematographer Jacques Jouffret makes an impressive debut, lending a great visual style to the first installment of this franchise.

The social/political commentary is pretty on the nose, but I think that's sort of the point. I get the feeling that subtlety is not the goal of this franchise, and frankly, that's sort of refreshing.

Overall, this movie far surpassed my expectations and made me very excited to complete the series.
Jennifer R.
Buffalo, NY
Enjoyable movie. Had me on my toes a couple of times and screaming at the tv. Good acting! The actors did an awesome job. The music fit well with the movie. No particular favorite scene as I enjoyed it all. Most definitely a must watch movie either alone or with Family/friends!
Karen S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is a really good movie. The Purge is a movie where one night a year, all crimes are legal. This Blu-Ray + Digital HD copy is great. I love that it included the digital HD copy.
Ashley M.
Pawleys Island
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie awakens a fearfulness in me and it seems stupid but this movie is pretty creepy. It’s full of gore and leaves you questioning what if something like this really happened. I would hope we would all be more decent as humans.
Sana V.
2nd Industrial City, Eastern Province
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie was so good! I watched this with my siblings and we were honestly so mind blown! If you think about this movie after watching the next two, this looks like it wasn't that good. Love the series.
Jasmine H.
BATLEY
I really like this movie good thriller/horror movie keeps you guessing all the way through really good