The Princess Diaries 2: A Royal Engagement

by Garry Marshall

In 'The Princess Diaries 2', Mia Thermopolis is now a high school graduate and on her way to Genovia to take up her duties as princess (contrary to what was presented at the end of the first film, Mia does not leave her home for a few more years). Her best friend Lilly also joins her for the summer. Mia continues her 'princess lessons' - riding horses side-saddle, archery, and other royal duties. But her complicated life is turned upside down once again when she not only learns that she is to take the crown as queen earlier than expected, but that she is also to be married before this event. Robert Schwartzman will not be reprising his role as Mia's love interest.

What was your favorite scene? ~jessnherguys~
Which one did you like more? This one or the 1st. I personally liked this one more!! 😀
What is your favorite scene?
Start your review of The Princess Diaries 2: A Royal Engagement!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Not as great as the first movie, but I love the story and that it shows how a girl can over come and be anything she wants to be” in 8 reviews
“This is a story that can show a young girl that they do not need a man, that as a woman you can do or be anything that you want to be!” in 5 reviews
“The movies are cute, funny, share good morals, and is a great movie to watch for both children and adults.” in 5 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The first Princess Diaries was amazing. I loved the story line, I loved the acting, the quirky characters and the funny jokes. The second Princess Diaries was pretty bad. I loved being able to see where the characters were in the future but everything just seemed so fake and cheesy the second time around. I heard that Hathaway was done doing "nice girl" movies and did not want to do this film but had a contract with Disney or something. So maybe that is why the portrayal of Mia seemed so unrealistic. I liked the overall plot but again a lot of elements just seemed like time fillers and dumb comedy. I absolutely love Garry Marshall though and do find this to be a comforting and family friendly movie that I will continue to watch, but it does not live up to the original.
Norcross , GA
I remember that when I was like 8 I saw this movie for the first time, and I just love it. The history about how an natural girl who was a bullying victim in school, becomes to be the next Queen of the kingdom of his father it makes you thik that everything in this life can be possible.
New Jersey
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
You know when people say if you make a second movie you basically just ruined the whole entire series? Well this movie was not only good but it was just as good as the first movie. It's super cute and super funny. Chris pine kills it in this movie. It's just overall a really cute romcom and I definitely love everything about it.
The 1st one was better, but i still loved this one. It shows that no matter what you have to be yourself and maybe it can get a bit hard but you can overcome everything by always staying true to who you are.... and that a women by itself can achieve a lot, we dont always need a man 💁🏻
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
My cousins when I was younger were obsessed with this movie. They would always watch it when I would come over and we'd fall asleep to it. I was a big fan of princesses when I was younger, and I always dreamed of being one myself and living in a grand castle.
Sicklerville, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was one of my favorite movies as a little girl. It made me think it was easy to become a princess and that they are actually funny and not perfect like myself. Great for any little girl!
New York , NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
The ultimate sequel to the ultimate chick flick. Who doesn't love this movie? This is the best movie to watch with all your girls and loads of chocolate on the weekends. It never gets old and the story is great.
La Crosse, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Maybe it’s the nostalgic in me, but I adore this film. From Amelia (Aka Mia aka Ann Hathaway) opening up her beautiful and (at the time) high-tech closet filled with jewelry and clothing to Julie Andrews mattress surfing and singing at Amelia’s bridal shower, this movie is so fun and light-hearted. It makes me want to join in on all the fun of the movie and move to Genovia. I was not a huge fan of the antagonist in this film, nor how Mia just tosses aside Andrew, for the Genovian version of a “bad-boy”. It’s the ultimate friend zone with Andrew being a complete and utter sweetheart who isn’t bad looking either. Regardless, I always love rewatching this movie every now and then, especially seeing how much many of the actors involved have changed and grown (ex-the Breslin siblings, Anne Hathaway, etc.)
Shawnee, KS
Ok i loved this movie! No it wasn't the same as the first movie but the characters were. I loved Anne Hathaway in this role because she was funny and the story picked up where the last left off. I own this movie and enjoy the ugly duckling into the beautiful yet clumsy swan.
New Prt Rchy, FL
 I freaking love these movies the first one is one of my favorite movies so funny I love Anne Hathaway be movies made me fall in love with her I watch every movie she's in because of these movies super funny. Great love story behind both of the movies definitely should watch the first one