The Princess Bride (Reprint) (Hardcover)

W illiam Goldman’s beloved novel has sold over one million copies. A movie, released twenty years ago, perfectly captured the spirit of the book and has introduced new fans to its pages ever since. In 1941 a young boy lies bedridden from pneumonia. His perpetually disheveled and unattractive father, an immigrant from Florin with terribly broken English, shuffles into his bedroom carrying a book. The boy wants to know if it has any sports. His father says, "Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest ladies. Snakes. Spiders. Beasts of all natures and...

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of The Princess Bride (Reprint) (Hardcover)!
Product Highlights
“Strongly dislike this book, the movie really ruined it for me.” in reviews
“My whole family loves this movie.” in reviews
“It's very funny and a wonderful read!” in reviews
Lowell, MA
Love this movie romantic funny all the above Great for a party or just to watch by itself like it a lot
STRASBURG, VA
Just watched the movie yesterday with my daughters. A classic movie, required viewing for all imo.
Ocala, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My whole family loves this movie. It's one you can watch over and over. Love the actors in it!
Irwin, PA
Strongly dislike this book, the movie really ruined it for me. Hate hate hate it so much 😩
Edina, MN
I absolutely love this movie. It has such a sweet story and is an American classic.
Springfield, MO
If you like the movie, you'll love the book. It's very funny and a wonderful read!
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Ok folks, if you liked or even better, loved the movie, you MUST read the book!!
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This novel is phenomenal for its unique style and humour. I love the idea that it is a book based on a book that doesn't actually exist. It is a fantastic way to tell a fairy tale. It is clever, romantic, nostalgic and exciting and I love reading it over and over again.

Looking for your answer?