The Princess and the Frog uploaded by Leah Helen T.

BY JOHN MUSKER & RON CLEMENTS #72 in Movies

The Princess and the Frog
  • "i love that this disney movie is not just another princess being saved, there is self sacrifice and a love story beyond love at first sight" in 15 reviews
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my favorite Disney movies!!! It’s about a young lady growing up in New Orleans and her dream is to own her own restaurant. She works three job, and literally does nothing else. Well the twist to this princess and the frog story is that she kisses the frog and becomes a frog. 😲 It’s a journey of love, work, finding ones self, and accepting people for who they are! I recommend for kids and adults I think everyone could learn something from this movie.
Jessica A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I really liked the story of this film. The animation is beautiful and the songs are good too, as with any Disney film. I do think the songs are not as iconic as old Disney classics. I am not sure why that is, but their soundtracks use to much more memorable and now days they seem a bit random and superficial. Overall I think it is a great movie for children and is very motivational.
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
I love this movie and how it is different than the other usual princess movies of the princess needing to be saved. The frog is a cute character like most other disney movies, and the idea of the princess doing her own thing and putting in hard work for her restaurant is very modern and can resonate with many people.
Mallory D.
Camarillo, CA
An amazing movie full of fun and imagination. It will capture your heart and make you feel as if you are right there with everyone else. The music is lively and will make you want to sing along. The voices of each character are phenomenal and its definitely worth your time!
Rachel D.
This movie is hilarious!  I loved watching it with my daughter.  Like most kids movies that come out now, there are jokes that only adults will understand.  I actually appreciate that because it keeps me interested.  A good twist on an old tale and worth seeing if you haven't.
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
This is a classic princess and frog tale, about finding love in the most unpredictable of places. This has a great soundtrack, and absolutely love the villain in this movie. Great animation, and it can be appreciated by everyone. This is a must watch.
#nerdygirl ..
I was never allowed to watch this movie when I was little. Coming from a Christian family, my mom didn't like all the witch craft/ voodoo in this movie. I agree that this movie can get dark.
Maria S.
Dayton, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I thought this was a really cute movie. Disney, did a great job with it. I love the culture that the movie was set in. My daughter is a teenager, and this is one of her favorite movies.
Paula S.
San Diego, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I actually wasn't too big a fan of this movie. I really wanted more about the culture and people of the era the movie is set in. I also thought it was too dark. I know the magical aspect was very specific but for a Disney movie, I just thought it could have been done a little more effectively. For example, The Little Mermaid conveyed some dark concepts but did so in a way that was both scary but not terrifying. I felt that, as an adult, The Princess and the Frog was terrifying! I totally wouldn't let my child watch this and that's a drag because I LOVE that the movie has so much culture built in, I don't think Disney paid it as much respect as it could have. I think, as a Latina, Disney needs to do more for minorities and this movie simply should have been done better.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I remember going to see this in the movie theater when this came out! The soundtrack like all Disney flicks is incredible and the story was so refreshingly new and exciting. A great film done by Disney yet again.
Alexandra L.
Castle Pines, CO
Who was your favorite character in Princess and the Frog?
Miranda S.
Granbury , TX
What is your favorite part in the movie?
Taylor W.
Shorewood, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The little lightning bug!!
deb c.
raynham, MA
Is there more multicultural movies out there
Hayli Z.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I haven't seen this yet, but I want to. Is it worth the watch? Is there a lot of singing, I don't really care for the singing Disney movies.