BY GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Award-winning visionary Guillermo del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth", "Hellboy") and acclaimed director J.A. Bayona present a "positively terrifying" (John Anderson, Newsday) new vision of the classic ghost story. Returning to her childhood home - a mysterious, seaside orphanage - Laura and her family unknowingly unleash a long-forgotten, evil spirit. Now thrust into a chilling nightmare, Laura must confront the memories of her past before the ghosts of the orphanage destroy her. and everything she has ever loved. Spanish Language Film with English and Spanish Subtitles, Still Galleries, Rehearsal Studio, Marketing Campaign. "When Laura Grew Up: Constructing 'The Orphanage'", "Tomas' Secret Room (The Filmmakers)", "Horror in the Unknown: Makeup Effects".

Vanessa T.
Rochester, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie was really sad but it was very well written. I let my mom borrow it and never seen it again lol! Nonetheless, I think anyone who doesn't mind reading sub titles should give it a try. Love it.
Tayla T.
Tullahoma, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my favorite Guillermo Del Toro movie! Such a spooky and heartbreaking film but done so well. I have watched it many times and highly recommend it!
Mercedes M.
Maracaibo
I bought this movie years ago and it's one of my favorite horror films. The story is good, interesting and the ending was unexpected. Now I see lot of movies they remember me this one. The place where the movie was filmed was just perfect, the short cast was very assertive and the music too. It's a "Must Watch" for every horror films fan.