BY THE ORIGINALS #94 in TV

• I loved vampire diaries but haven’t brought myself to wat...5 Answers
  • This is one of my favorites shows as well!! Are you team ...4 Answers
  • O" Elijah just speak!!!!! Let us hear what you have to sa...1 Answers
The Originals
  • "I have always watched The Vampire Diaries, so I always thought about starting to watch this show, but never got the chance til now and I loooove it!" in 50 reviews
Amy V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Started out strong and then waned on me. I liked the introduction of the Originals into the Vampire Diaries storyline and even liked the idea of their own spinoff. The stories go downhill just like they did after season one of Vampire Diaries. I wouldn't waste my time on it.
Maggie O.
Arlington, VA
I wanted to love this so much.  I loved the characters that came from TVD, but they were such a watered down version in TO.  Klaus had so much potential to be such a badass, and I was disappointed there wasn't more of that.
Ashley S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
The Originals is a spin off of Vampire Diaries, and features the first family of vampires - the Michaelsons. I really enjoyed the first season but now we are in our fourth season and I'm having a hard time paying attention. I feel like every episode we are fighting with the same people and the story isn't progressing. Even now in season four, they have jumped the story line 5 years but it's still the same fight with the same people. Can't we all just get along? And while family is crucial in this series, the members you love the most - Kol and Rebecca - are only in a handful of episodes. I don't feel that the characters have learned anything and if you were to watch season one and then immediately jump to season four you wouldn't have missed anything.
Jess M.
Burleson, TX
I love this at first, and the characters they brought over from Vampire Diaries. I just am not into it anymore, I still watch Vamp Diaries but I'm over originals. The story line seems to be DRAGGING on.
Denise T.
Las Vegas, NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Meh. This show wasn't really for me which is a shame because they're really really good looking people. I just wasn't into the whole mob thing. PLUS they keep dying and coming back to life - and where's the fun in that?
Kashmir G.
West Jordan
I watched it at the beginning. The first couple of seasons were pretty good and the actors were cute. But the later seasons started to get redundant and I just lost interest because pretty much you knew what was going to happen. It’s kind of like how the vampire diaries went the way of the dodo as well.
Hannah Z.
Chicago
I thought I would like it because I loved the vampire diaries but I couldn’t get past the first season. If you like klaus and the other mickaelsons, give the show a try. But if you’ve already watched all of the vampire diaries, this show might bore you a little.
Nisha T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
i heard this spin off was good but i dont think it compares to VD. i like that more than anything. i never watched this show maybe a few clips here and there but if u like Klaus and his family i think u may enjoy it.
Nichelle B.
Brooklyn, NY
i started watching the originals after watching TVD, of course. i think it's a really great series especially if you're into the whole vamps vs. werewolves scenes lol. But i kinda lost interest after season 4 maybe, i don't even remember.
Julia B.
Spinoff of the vampire diaries, I would say this show is good but not as good as the vampire diaries. Kind of the same storyline but just following the original vampires and not so much the characters of vampire diaries although they do make an appearance sometimes
Sharon R.
WInthrop, MA
Who is your favorite character?
Tayler D.
Who would you like to see come to The Originals from TVD? I vote Caroline... I think her and Klaus are made for each other!
Natalie A.
Sevierville, TN
Do you think Hope will grow up quickly or slowly?
Jennifer H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
When should I start watching this? I'm on season 3 of The Vampire Diaries on Netflix and I can't wait to watch The Originals but I don't want any spoilers, if there is any!
Lauren M.