BY THE ORIGINALS

• I loved vampire diaries but haven’t brought myself to wat...5 Answers
  • This is one of my favorites shows as well!! Are you team ...4 Answers
  • O" Elijah just speak!!!!! Let us hear what you have to sa...1 Answers
The Originals
  • "I have always watched The Vampire Diaries, so I always thought about starting to watch this show, but never got the chance til now and I loooove it!" in 50 reviews
Selena S.
Temple Terrace
The Originals is a spin-off from the Vampire Diaries. It focuses on the original vampire family who return to New Orleans to reclaim the city they helped build that is now under the control of a vampire named Marcel. Marcel also happens to be the "son" of Klaus Mickelson (an original).

When on Vampire Diaries, the Original family were the villains you came to love. This show is miles better than The Vampire Diaries in my opinion. So much so, that I stopped watching the Vampire Diaries ( have to go back and watch what I missed!) The show has a brilliant cast, characters, great story and good location. I like the way they have made this show darker and more "grown up· The crossovers that happen from time-to-face time with Mystic Falls and The Vampire Diaries cast is great.

There's really never a full moment in the show, and if there seems like it's starting to go slow....just wait out the 5- 10 min because that means something is about to happen!

I'm so sad the show is over, but excited to see the spin-off with Hope Mickelson. Can't wait!
Cristina R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
if you are a vampire fan.... this show is a must watch. i love the characters and i am a klaus fan! the revenge, the drama, the fight scene, the spiritualism are intense and all taken place in new orleans. if you think that the vampires are the strongest? imagine the hybrids. o yeah, things gets better but family become more  and more of a target. they will join together or be against each other. at the end they all have the same cause and motives. family forever and ever against the world. prepare for the last season. i refuse to believe the ending.
Chanon C.
White Lake, MI
I started out as an avid  The Vampire Diaries fan, but my alliance has now shifted over to  The Originals !! I think this show is so much better. The drama, the story line, the plot twists... just keep it coming. This is definitely one of my guilty pleasures, and whenever it's on, it's one of the only shows I record and watch every week on my DVR box.
Jolene P.
Buffalo, NY
I watched Vampire Diaries before I got in to The Originals, I love it. There is a ton of drama and it just pulls you in. I heard its getting cancelled after season five. If you liked Vampire Diaries you will like this show.
Kashmir G.
West Jordan
I watched it at the beginning. The first couple of seasons were pretty good and the actors were cute. But the later seasons started to get redundant and I just lost interest because pretty much you knew what was going to happen. It’s kind of like how the vampire diaries went the way of the dodo as well.
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
In my opinion it is best to watch Vampire Diaries before watching The Originals. Just because it makes everything make more sense. The show is wonderful, Klaus is by far my favorite character. If you like vampire stuff I’d give this a shot.
Abbey R.
Crescent City, CA
EVEN BETTER THAN VAMPIRE DIARIES! More mature and way mor interesting. New Orleans has a lot to do with my family and I grew up on the LA/MS border (literally five minutes away if that) loved this!
Catherine I.
Rockford, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A spin-off from the vampire diaries about the original vampires in new orleans where it all began. As they come up with difficult obstacles to make it there place again.
Denise G.
One of my top favorite show , I adore klaus 💖. Every season is great. It reminds me of twilight with a better back story. Can't wait for the new ones to come out.
Ashley S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
The Originals is a spin off of Vampire Diaries, and features the first family of vampires - the Michaelsons. I really enjoyed the first season but now we are in our fourth season and I'm having a hard time paying attention. I feel like every episode we are fighting with the same people and the story isn't progressing. Even now in season four, they have jumped the story line 5 years but it's still the same fight with the same people. Can't we all just get along? And while family is crucial in this series, the members you love the most - Kol and Rebecca - are only in a handful of episodes. I don't feel that the characters have learned anything and if you were to watch season one and then immediately jump to season four you wouldn't have missed anything.
Sharon R.
WInthrop, MA
Who is your favorite character?
Tayler D.
Who would you like to see come to The Originals from TVD? I vote Caroline... I think her and Klaus are made for each other!
Jennifer H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
When should I start watching this? I'm on season 3 of The Vampire Diaries on Netflix and I can't wait to watch The Originals but I don't want any spoilers, if there is any!
Natalie A.
Sevierville, TN
Do you think Hope will grow up quickly or slowly?
Lauren M.