BY BEAUTYBLENDER #1 in Makeup Sponges

beautyblender® pro is the perfect application tool for darker-toned products that would be difficult to rinse clean from a lighter colored applicator. Use with complexion products, long-wear makeup, and self-tanners for flawless results.

What else you need to know: Beautyblender features an open cell structure that fills with small amounts of water when wet. This allows the sponge to be “full” so that the makeup product sits on top of the sponge rather than being absorbed, allowing you to use less product every time. When wet, beautyblender nearly doubles in size and becomes even softer, returning to its original size when it air dries. Handcrafted in the USA.

Beautyblender has chosen to use safe, water-soluble dyes that do not harm the environment and will maintain the integrity of their proprietary foam. For this reason, you may notice some color run off or wash away the first time you wet beautyblender. This is normal and will disappear after you have cleansed the product several times. Please note: the color will not transfer onto the face or clothing.

the original beautyblender® pro
  • "I love my beauty blender! It gives a flawless foundation application. I also like to use it with my under eye concealer." in 544 reviews
Alex S.
CA
This is THE beauty sponge to have, if you ask me. I prefer it over the regular pink Blender because this one doesn't stain as badly and stays looking fresh and new for a lot longer. I really do enjoy this sponge and use it almost every time that I apply makeup. When dampened, it becomes super soft and squishy, and is very gently on the skin. I find that I can use this for just about anything on my face, including foundation or concealer, cream blush, and liquid highlighter, just to name a few. The shape is absolutely perfect for applying anything to the skin. The "butt" is great for blush or foundation. The pointed tip is amazing for getting into little crevices around the nose or eyes. I want to end this review with a little insight about why I think it's worth paying $20 for this sponge when you can get alternatives from the drugstore for a quarter of the price. I've used the Real Techniques sponge, the new-ish one from Ecotools, the infallible one that L'Oréal makes, and a myriad of off brand sponges. None of them compare to the real deal. They're all denser and very close textured in comparison. Every single one soaks up way more product. They don't have that perfect "do it all" shape. And most importantly, the durability is just incomparable. All of those other sponges start tearing and becoming stuff within a few weeks of use. On the other hand, my way too many months old beauty blender that's been washed dozens of times shows very few signs of use besides a couple teensy little nicks and I don't think I'll be replacing it any time soon. So while the initial investment is much more, I end up saving SO much money in the long run, which is very important to me, since I am operating on a student budget. I really do recommend going with the beautyblender brand for your sponges!
Caroline G.
Knoxville
If I’m being honest, this is one of the best sponges I’ve used. It’s incredibly lightweight and porous, making it very squishy - perfect for blending out liquid products. And of course, it’s teardrop shape is, in my opinion, the absolute best design for a face sponge. That being said, I believe ecotools, along with many other brands, have proven that this sponge’s $20 price point is no longer worth it. There are several sponges on the market (ecotools, maybelline, l’oréal, morphe) that perform the exact same to the original beauty blender pro, while being only a fraction of the price. Furthermore, in my experience, this sponge lasts just as long as any of its alternatives. Therefore, I’d much rather spend $5 on a sponge every two months than $20. Is the beauty blender a fantastic sponge? Absolutely! But is it the only one of its kind? No.
Grace K.
Neversink, NY
I love Beautyblender! I always used a brush to apply my makeup until I tried a sponge, now I cannot remember the last time I used a brush. I purchased my first B.B. online through QVC (They often do promotional deals for tons of beauty products). The makeup melts right into my skin and creates a beautiful dewy glow. The sponge lasted me about a month and a half before it started to break. I cleaned mine after every use and kept it in a dry place (NOT the bathroom, the steam from the shower builds up a ton of bacteria on beauty tools). While it is an amazing product, the price is too high for me. I can’t justify spending $20 on a sponge every month or so. I use the real techniques sponges, you can buy them at Target/Ulta/Wal-Mart etc. They are much more affordable, and work the exact same as the B.B.!
Diana A.
Pacoima , CA
Yes yes yes! Many companies try to make dupes for beauty blenders but none have created the perfect product. I have purchased soo many of these over the years mainly just because I like to collect them and for hygiene purposes I throw the old ones out every few months. They can be purchased at Sephora or even Macy’s. My favorite place to get them is Naimes because if you have a membership they’re a few dollars cheaper. Some places even sell them in packs of 6 or 10 which I highly recommend for MUAs. I love that they don’t soak up the product which seems ridiculous since it a sponge after all. It’s supposed to be use wet for perfect blending but I know some people use it dry and their makeup is just as flawless. 10/10 would recommend.
Junie C.
Moreno Valley
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this beauty blender! It’s so soft and bouncy and I feel like it just really helps me apply foundation so evenly and easily. This is my favorite beauty blender because it is just so lightweight and super soft once damped. The only downside is that as much as I love this beauty blender, the Real Techniques one is just more affordable for my budget. However, if you care of this beauty blender well and clean it, the price should be no problem since the beauty blender can last up to three months before replacement if cared for properly.
Sydnee G.
Oklahoma City
I bought this sponge, because my favorite color is black! I have other Beauty Blender products, but this one is my favorite (due to the color)! Compared to Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and e.l.f. Total Face Sponge, this one blows them out of the water. It isn’t even a fair comparison! For a FLAWLESS look, go with the Beauty Blender! You will NOT be disappointed.
Adrienne M.
Edgewood, KY
I was the person who rolled their eyes at blending sponges when they got really popular. I am an artist by trade and have always used brushes, so maybe I was just going with what was comfortable. I purchased my first beauty blender in a set with a foundation because it was such a great deal and I was really hesitant to spend so much on a sponge. I have been addicted ever since! It applies foundation so much quicker than a brush, so it’s great for the girl on the go! Just make sure to dampen the sponge! I always place my foundation on my face and then blend with my beauty blender. I prefer not to dip the sponge directly into the foundation.
Luna L.
Miami Beach, FL
My first beauty sponge and I'm obsessed.
I was nervous to order this real/original Beautyblender off Amazon, but I made sure to order from Lock & Mane. But they assured me it's real. And by quality x results I can say it's a real thing!
Now, I can't even do my makeup without this little black beauty!
It is so amazing the difference between applying my foundation/makeup with my fingers and this sponge.
Totally worth paying $20, especially since it's reusable and has held up surprisingly well for over 3 months and washing it after every single use.
I am not a make up pro. Far from that. But my final results are way better now!
Nisha R.
There’s a reason this thing is so raved about. It’s such a great product that allows me to easily blend out my foundation. Definitely worth the $20 price tag as it really did the whole “reusable beauty sponge” thing first. However, if it is out of someone’s budget there are good more inexpensive alternatives since this gained popularity. Just be careful while washing ANY beauty sponge - I got a little too overzealous and now there’s a small rip in mine. Just rub in a cleanser (I just use a flaming face cleanser) and run under water while squeezing repeatedly; don’t “massage” it to scrub off makeup the way I did.
Reanna B.
I use this for everything. To apply foundation and cream highlighter, buff out concealer, cream contour, bake the under eyes, etc. I don’t know what I’d do without it. I’m not really a brush kind of person and when I do use them I’m very picky about which one I use cause I hate looking streaky and cake-y. I started using this when I was just a beginner in makeup and have not stopped now with a lot more experience. It makes me look airbrushed and flawless. I tried using other knockoff version just to try but I always go back to this one because it lasts the longest. The cheaper ones work well but you keep having to replace them. These last me a very long time with daily use.
Angel C.
Edmonton
Do you use a wet or dry beauty blender?the original beautyblender® pro
jessica l.
Provo, UT
how often do y’all wash your beauty blender? I wash mine each time I use it! the original beautyblender® pro
Crystal O.
Wilmington, DE
Thinking of finally taking the plunge and getting one for my birthday, but is it really worth it? Anyone with buyer's remorse?
Claire H.
Strathaven, South Lanarkshire
What's best to use to clean the original beautyblender® pro? I've tried so many but am still left with residue:-(
Amanda B.
Richmond
How much do these run? And where can you purchase it?

back