BY BEAUTYBLENDER #6 in Makeup Sponges

Beautyblender® nude is the ultimate makeup application tool created to celebrate flawless, natural-looking skin. This edgeless sponge is the perfect choice for applying foundation and any other complexion makeup product that helps to define your natural beauty and get that “no-makeup” makeup look. Insider tip: use to apply shimmery bronzers for an all-over glow.

What else you need to know: Beautyblender features an open cell structure that fills with small amounts of water when wet. This allows the sponge to be “full” so that the makeup product sits on top of the sponge rather than being absorbed, allowing you to use less product every time. When wet, beautyblender nearly doubles in size and becomes even softer, returning to its original size when it air dries. Handcrafted in the USA.

Beautyblender has choosen to use safe, water-soluble dyes that do not harm the environment and will maintain the integrity of their proprietary foam. For this reason, you may notice some color run off or wash away the first time you wet beautyblender. This is normal and will disappear after you have cleansed the product several times. Please note: the color will not transfer onto the face or clothing.

Reviews (1911)
  • "Just like the signature pink blender only this one is nude... you will never know if you've cleaned your sponge off fully! lol" in 451 reviews
Shawna-Liberty C.
This is definitely a purchase influenced by the youtube beauty community; not the PR junkies who love everything so they get free products but the reviews of the ones who actually used their own money to purchase it.

It's expensive at $20 USD/sponge. They recommend you replace it every three months  (I heard others claim six) for "sanitary reasons." Replacing it every three months would cost you about $80 USD yearly in your makeup budget for JUST a foundation sponge. I really had to ignore my wallet screaming at me while in line at Sephora to settle the transaction. Yes, you can always return it but I hate returning and feel as though I get judged and characterized by the employees of some beauty stores as being a "cheapskate." I don't return product that often because I get samples and do my homework before committing to the purchase.

I have used other sponges from Real Techniques, Walmart, Sonia Kashuk, and some other off-brands. The Beauty Blender has been my favorite.

I saturate it in warm water and it more than doubles in size. How much water I squeeze out of the sponge is dependent on the coverage I want to achieve and the formula of the foundation I use: if I desire a lighter coverage with a thicker foundation, I leave it more wet; if I desire a heavier coverage, I squeeze out more with a towel. I use this with a dabbing motion which allows me to build up more coverage where I feel I need it without disturbing other products I may have applied under it. I have used this with many formulas of foundation except tinted moisturizers because I think that would be a waste. I had to do some playing and experimenting but overall, I found this sponge to be versatile if utilized with thought and care.

The shape of the sponge enables freedom to access areas of your face often times missed or botched up with other tools: under the jaw line, hair line, around the mouth, nasal folds and areas around the eyes. The finish is always more even and smooth.

I store mine on top of the container it came in on my vanity so it dries out completely.  I do not wash it everyday; I wash it once a week because after washing, you need to "season" the sponge with product and if you are using a higher-end product like NARS, this can be very pricey as the sponge does "eat" your product.

I wash mine with tepid water and unscented castile soap like Dr.Bonner's. I rinse with water and then rinse with diluted distilled vinegar to remove any soap film and then rinse again in water.

I have had my sponge for over a year and it still performs and looks like it did after my first couple uses (stained with foundation pigment).

In the last six months, I have been using the Real Techniques sponge half the time and this the other half. I am now on my fourth RT sponge (ready to toss it) because it falls apart after the third washing. In 6 months, I have spent more money on RT sponges, even pushing them past their prime, than I have spent on my one Beauty Blender.

I knocked off a star because I still think it is a ridiculous price tag for what it is: a sponge.  I think $12 USD is a fairer price tag for such an item. It's not a groundbreaking product but it will "up" your makeup game a few levels. I plan on repurchasing again because economically, it works for me and it is a great product. I would not recommend this to someone who buys into the germ-ophobic hyperbole surrounding cleanliness. The BB performs slightly better than the RT sponge but not enough to warrant its price tag if you plan to replace it monthly or quarterly.

This product is a value given my perspective.  I will continue to purchase this at the time of this writing.
Casey D.
The best makeup tool i have ever used! If it's out there i have tried it. Brushes,other beauty sponges,my fingers lol,and nothing smooths out and makes my foundation blend beautifully! It is like a air brush type finish. I use the nude one more cause it doesn't show foundation on it, but that is just a personal preference. The other color's work the just like this one. I just hated how my foundation showed on it making it look super dirty. ( and yes i wash it after every use lol) like i said it is just my preference 😉 i do recommend replacing it every 3 months just due to bacteria.
Luiza C.
san bruno, CA
i mean it’s great come on, best invention in the beauty community in the last decade. multi-functional, easy to clean, always clean bc you have to wet it every time you use it therefore leaving your skin healthier and having better make-up application. i’ve tried other sponges and always gave up after the first try. none are as soft as these in my opinion and i can trust this because it always does a great job. after a while you have to replace it, i’ve used the hot pink one as well and i love it too. i’ve heard some people say there’s a difference but i sincerely doubt it.
Addy H.
I like the beauty blender, it’s definitely the softest and bounciest of the damp sponge blenders, and that shape... great for blending the small creases around the nose and eyes. I still reach for my brushes when it comes to coverage though. The beauty blender just tends to sheer out product a little too much. For foundation, CC creams, concealers, brushes are still my go to for blending. But once everything is set, I do keep a beauty blender in my purse, in its little packaging, for touch ups throughout the day. This is the biggest secret to keeping makeup looking good all day: don’t touch up with more product, just use a B.B. to keep everything looking fresh and flawless.

I will add that some foundations and concealers do work better with the beauty blender. Heavy, full coverage, fast drying foundations do tend to look better and cover better with a beauty blender. I don’t use that style of product, but if you do, the B.B. will be a lot more useful than it is for me.
Monique R.
Atlanta, GA
I could literally write nothing in this blog and the general consensus of the beauty blender would be the same... IT IS THE BEST BEAUTY SPONGE EVER CREATED! Period. Sorry Real Techniques and every other brand that has created products to rival beauty blender. They do not come close. The nude color I’m not a huge fan of just because it gets dirty and is not attractive at that point but otherwise the product itself regardless of the color is unmatched.
luli f.
I LOVE ❤️ this beauty blender. I recently switched to the real techniques beauty blenders but only because they are more affordable. This beauty blender is soft as a pillow. Blends my makeup perfectly! I've actually noticed this beauty blender lasts WAY longer than cheaper brands. If you are willing to spend extra money on this I absolutely recommend it. I'm actually thinking of buying a new one. It's more expensive but it definitely lasts longer.
Emily M.
Prior to using the BeautyBlender, I was using a Real Techniques sponge. I love the nude shade as it disguises my foundation stains. This sponge provides such even coverage and blends beautifully. My only qualm is the price point, which I truly thing should be between $16 and $18. I continue to repurchase this sponge because it works so well to blend foundation, concealer, and other cream products, along with flawless powder application.
Natalie A.
A beauty blender is a MUST to have in your makeup collection! Yes it's a bit pricy for a sponge but it works amazing! It's super soft, and I have NEVER used any other beauty sponge that's felt like the beauty blender. I have tried other brands to save money and they're nothing like the beauty blender! It blends foundations and concealer out so smooth! I also use my powders with the sponge. Best investment you could make lol its worth it
Lea N.
New York, New York
A holy grail product!! I bought this color because I thought my blender wouldn’t look as dirty (boy was I wrong). I’m not sure if it’s just me, but it’s so much softer and applies so much better than the original black beauty blender (I still have the first ones they came out with).

I use it for foundation, concealer, baking with setting powder, blotting down excessive highlight, and mattifying oily parts of my face.
Bryanna S.
Doniphan, MO
This beauty blender was the first makeup sponge that I had ever tried. I instantly fell in love with it! I mostly use it for my under eye area or blending out contour because of it’s small size. This sponge is so soft against my skin. It blends out my makeup so smoothly! I feel like the texture of the Beauty blender brand is what makes it stand out compared to other makeup sponges. It seems to have less of a creasing effect on my makeup. I love to use mine dampened with some water to blend out my concealer. If I really want some extra staying power, I will spray it with a makeup setting spray to blend out my concealer. When you wet the sponge, it does grow considerably and becomes even more soft. You will not be disappointed with this little beauty blender. I don’t even remember the last time that I wanted to apply my makeup with a brush!
Denisse C.
Can someone tell me how long should we keep a BeautyBlender?
M J.
Magnetawan, ON
When are you supposed to get rid of your beauty blender and get a new one? Mine is still in good shape but is it bad to keep one for a long time? Could their be a lot of bacteria build up? the original beautyblender® nude
How will I win this
Jani R.
What is difference between the nude and pink BeautyBlender? I know Black is supposed to be for professionals and White is for your face/skin care products.
Isabel C.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Is Beauty Blender a good one for apply the foundantion? I wanna buy it.

back