The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone

$6.80 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*1 other buying options

Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces the appearance of signs of aging. This water-free formula provides 30% pure L-Ascorbic Acid which remains completely stable due to the absence of water. Due to the presence of very light silicones, this formulation feels smooth on the skin despite the suspension format of the formulation, avoiding the short-lived gritty feeling of our original Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% formula. This treatment is ideally applied at bedtime.

Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large.

Note: The format of this formula is a suspension of very fine L-Ascorbic Acid powder and, as such, provides the most direct exposure of extremely high concentrations of Vitamin C topically. With such format, a very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation is expected during the first 1-2 weeks of use until the skin's tolerance to such high exposure is elevated. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference.

Alternative products on the market offer suspensions of Vitamin C in water-free formulations in heavier silicone bases. These formulations do keep the Vitamin C stable but they are almost always offered in heavier silicone bases that interfere with efficient exposure of the entire Vitamin C content to the skin (the silicone entraps the Vitamin C). Our formula avoids the use of heavy silicones to offer better exposure to the Vitamin C content. However, please note that this formulation would still offer slightly less efficient exposure to Vitamin C than our silicone-free Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% formula. The additional Vitamin C content (30%) in this silicone base helps offset the slight impairment to dermal exposure.

Usage: Apply a small amount to face in the AM or the PM (PM preferred). Avoid contact with the eyes. A tingling sensation can be expected after application. If this sensation is too strong, this formula can be diluted on each application with your favourite serum or cream. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Ascorbic Acid, Polysilicone-11, PEG-10 Dimethicone.

How does this Vitamin C serum compare to others on the market?
I have been dealing with intense acne and, as a result of this, excessive scars and marks on my skin. I tried to use The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone, but that resulted in even more breakouts overnight. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do not only for my acne but for the resulting scars as well?
I have this product, however sometimes it gets clumpy, or too silicone-y. How do you prevent it from clumping?
Start your review of The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone!
Mount Pearl, NL
I started seeing a difference in my skin within a week of using this. My skin is softer and smoother. It definitely has anti aging properties. My fine lines aren’t as pronounced as before. The only thing is you need to make sure any other serums applied before need to be completely absorbed or else this pills on the skin. It also pills if too much is applied.
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
If you have sensitive skin I would not recommend. It stings a lot. My skin was very irritated by this. Make sure to stay away from dry lips and your under eye area. They will burn. I can't tell if it works because I keep having to wash it off. I've tried mixing with moisturizer to dilute it like it says on the bottle, but it still burns my dry/sensitive skin.
Dry, Sensitive / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness / Dark Circles, Fine Lines
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Johanmary S.
As well as the rest of the products of this brand, it fulfills what it offers. When applied it can generate a slight sting that quickly disappears. Sensitive skin should be careful. It should always be used with sunscreen. It can be used in the morning or at night but I prefer to leave it for nocturnal routines. Generous price Ideal for those skins that want to unify tone. Vitamin C is the maximum
Dry, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores / Dark Circles, Fine Lines
Winnipeg, MB
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Leigh O.
I still dont know how i feel about this. Cause i just started adding this on my skin care routine. It stinks though!! And stings your face but it state that already on the packaging. Very silicone- y so have to pat it. Bec if you rub it it will form a rubber.
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores / Dark Circles
Calgary, AB
I’m not a huge fan of this brand. I think their marketing is amazing, I purchased my products from their store in Vancouver and was very drawn to the space. I have friends that “love” this product because of the price point and “quality” but I did not find the quality or results of use to be high at all. To be totally honest I think ppl just think it’s the new cool thing and of course it’s a plus that’s it’s dirt cheap. I would not recommend or purchase again.
Combination / Fine Lines, Sun Damage / Fine Lines
Bury st edmunds
Used this product full on with retinol for 1st week, skin was glowing! Loving it ... but then had a couple of break outs which lucky I don’t get very often , so I now dilute with my rose hip oil and getting there with results... def recommend ... I’ve spent a fortune on high end products that I find aren’t good for my skin (nearly 50 so that’s a lot of purchases!) and this line of products are my new fave for product and price!
Mature / Large Pores, Redness, Fine Lines / Dark Circles, Fine Lines
Auckland
I've used a lot of The Ordinary products and I can say this has got to be one of my faves. Find a huge difference in scarring/pigmentation caused by acne. I mix this with a serum or moisturiser to break up the vitamin C grains and absolutely love the results! I have an extra as backup for when I run out. Be cautious it can be quite strong on your skin for the first few times as you get used to it.
Combination / Acne, Fine Lines, Dark Spots / Dark Circles, Fine Lines
Langley, BC
The Ordinary is LIFE. I have to be the brands biggest fan. I have used a number of their products and they are almost always a hit. First off, that price-point is amazing and secondly, the quality is unreal. Their products have changed my skin game! I have used many many vitamin C creams, gels and powders and this one is one of the best. It brightens and glows up my skin like nothing else. <3
Dry, Sensitive / Large Pores, Redness, Sensitivity / Dark Circles
I really loved it and liked that it doesn't have much scent to the primer as some can be overpowering. It's so gentle to my skin when applying and it fills all my pores before applying foundation. It helps my make up to say in one place and I love it. I would recommend this product to everyone.
Oily, Dry, Combination / Large Pores, Puffiness, Redness / Dark Circles, Puffiness, Dry Eyes
New Castle
It is a product of sorbic acid. There is usually a slight tingling in the skin during the first applications of the product. Its texture is not granules, it is softer and easier to spread, although it is somewhat sticky, which is why it is sometimes more pleasant mixed with other products such as ferulic acid, another antioxidant from The Ordinary.
Dark Circles
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
2 months ago
Danyelle S. • 2 months ago
I’m not sure if your scars are deep pitted scars, which I don’t think can be addressed with topical treatments alone. I used The Ordinarys hyperpigmentation regime that is posted on their website with great success. I used for 30-60 days consistently and most of my dark spots are gone. It was 3 or 4 different serums but they are cheap and last long. Check out their website for the regimens/routines specific to your needs. Also they will answer questions about their products on IG. Good luck!