Skin CareFacial SkincareFacial MoisturizersThe Ordinary
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone

The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone

by The Ordinary

Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces the appearance of signs of aging. This water-free formula provides 30% pure L-Ascorbic Acid which remains completely stable due to the absence of water. Due to the presence of very light silicones, this formulation feels smooth on the skin despite the suspension format of the formulation, avoiding the short-lived gritty feeling of our original Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% formula. This treatment is ideally applied at bedtime.

Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large.

Note: The format of this formula is a suspension of very fine L-Ascorbic Acid powder and, as such, provides the most direct exposure of extremely high concentrations of Vitamin C topically. With such format, a very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation is expected during the first 1-2 weeks of use until the skin's tolerance to such high exposure is elevated. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference.

Alternative products on the market offer suspensions of Vitamin C in water-free formulations in heavier silicone bases. These formulations do keep the Vitamin C stable but they are almost always offered in heavier silicone bases that interfere with efficient exposure of the entire Vitamin C content to the skin (the silicone entraps the Vitamin C). Our formula avoids the use of heavy silicones to offer better exposure to the Vitamin C content. However, please note that this formulation would still offer slightly less efficient exposure to Vitamin C than our silicone-free Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% formula. The additional Vitamin C content (30%) in this silicone base helps offset the slight impairment to dermal exposure.

Usage: Apply a small amount to face in the AM or the PM (PM preferred). Avoid contact with the eyes. A tingling sensation can be expected after application. If this sensation is too strong, this formula can be diluted on each application with your favourite serum or cream. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Ascorbic Acid, Polysilicone-11, PEG-10 Dimethicone.

Has anyone had a breakout with this product ?
[product:the-ordinary-vitamin-c-suspension-30%-in-silicone]
Start your review of The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone!
Kimberly R.
Midland, TX
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Kimberly R.
I love a good vitamin c product. The Ordinary is a brand I love, so I was excited to try...especially silly since it’s a more stable Vit-C. This one was a little rough of my skin. It caused irritation unless I really diluted and mixed in with my night moisturizer. You only need a tiny amount to work. I definitely suggest using this as a one minute mask if you have sensitive skin or aren’t used to vitamin c products.[product:the-ordinary-vitamin-c-suspension-30%-in-silicone]
Cecilia F.
Peachtree Cor, GA
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Cecilia F.
Quienes como yo es súper delicada con la vitamina C en el rostro? Este producto de @ordinary según sus reseñas es muy bueno pero mi rostro no lo soporta. Alguna mejor recomendación ? • Who like me is super delicate with vitamin C on the face? This product from @ordinary according to their reviews is very good but my face can't stand it. Any better recommendation? #satirday #skincarecommunity #beautycommunity #instafam #muacommunity #muasfam #makeuppage #instafriends #beautypage #skincarepage #growtogether #makenewfriends #meetnewpeople #letsconnect #makeupjunkies #makeupislife #undiscoveredmuas #skinfluencer #skincareenthusiast #beautylovers #makeupjunkies #beautyaccount #makeupaccount #makeupcommunity #allthingsbeauty #beautytime #makeupobsession #muasupport #underratedmuas #discoverunder1k #discoverunder5k[product:the-ordinary-vitamin-c-suspension-23%-ha-spheres-2]
Jessica M.
Marysville, WA
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Jessica M.
Purchased at: Sephora
I'd definitely recommend proceeding with caution on this one. It's 30% ascorbic acid, SO spicy. Maybe a little too spicy for me, but we'll see how it goes with the rest of this tube. I appreciate that it's potent, but I find that it's not usable on any of my more sensitive areas. My cheeks are dry and I struggle with my lipid barrier there, so this product is a no-go for cheeks. I learned the hard way once when I unknowingly over-exfoliated and then I burned my face with this. So in short, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin or anyone who is not accustomed to to high levels of L-Ascorbic acid. I use it as a spot treatment, or on my forehead only. Also, as a side note... Sometimes (but not always), I've noticed that it turns orange while on my skin. You can see it next to my hairline in the picture. Maybe it's a reaction to my sunscreen? I rather enjoy the silicone texture, personally. I feel like it hides my forehead wrinkles while I'm wearing it.
Mary L.
Jacksonville, FL
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Mary L.
This stuff worked well but I discontinued used once I started on it right now. It did irritate my skin a little bit but I also heard from others that they liked it! Worth a try if you’re looking to add a vitamin C into your routine
Amber T.
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Amber T.
Warning!!!! --> This will BURN the first few times you use it. You need to carefully work your way up to it. Even if you are a seasoned vet with pure L-Ascorbic Acid, this bad boy contains 30% rather than the usual 10%-20%. I used T.O.'s 23% + HA Spheres every day for months, so I thought this wouldn't be that big of a difference.... It is. It glides on a little bit smoother but it still gets stuck on certain parts of your face and can be a pain to spread. However, just like all Ordinary products, the results are amazing so I don't mind the consistency.
Idelisis C.
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Idelisis C.
Purchased at: ULTA
I bought it but I did not like its texture or its metallic smell very much, it also leaves my skin very oily, I have almost all the products of this brand and I like them very much but not this one.[product:the-ordinary-vitamin-c-suspension-30%-in-silicone]
Nicole F.
Lenexa, KS
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Nicole F.
Purchased at: Sephora
I really do love this brand; The Ordinary has some amazing skincare products at really affordable prices, but I was let down by their Vitamin C Suspension. The consistency was off and if I put even slight too much product on my face it would pill and flake off when doing my following skin care steps. I like it enough to finish this bottle but will likely try a liquid Vitamin C next time.
Niki P.
Delray Beach, FL
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Niki P.
honestly it burns a little when i apply it. it says it’s normal so i’ll use it 3-4 times a week until it’s gone and see if i can work my way up to a higher concentration because that’s what you’ll notice an improvement with. i wonder why this line is so cheap when compared to their high end stuff. is the high end stuff less effective than advertised? because they say they don’t compensate at all with The Ordinary line. hmmmm 🧐The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% Ha Spheres 2
Judith C.
Freehold, NJ
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Judith C.
Purchased at: Sephora
This product has changed the texture of my skin for the better, I have aging skin so it has always been combination but I am noticing dry spots and this balances my skin on the days where it needs a little extra help. My skin is sensitive and it slightly tingles when I apply it but it doesnt irritate it. Highly recommend it.
Emily M.
Austin, TX
The Ordinary. Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone uploaded by Emily M.
It’s okay. This is a very polarizing product and I see why: The good: 🍊It’s effective- 30% L-Ascorbic Acid isn’t messing around! (Not a starter Vitamin C if you’re sensitive) 🍊No-water formula improves (guarantees?) it cannot oxidize. Neutral: 🥝 Oh silicones... I love how they feel (most primers are silicone based!), but they’re very incompatible with a lot of other products. Do The Ordinary Suspension products make your skin “pill”? 👀 dimethicone. Tip: apply after using an exfoliating toner and don’t add anything water-based on top. Cons: 🍋 Well, it’s Vitamin C suspended in dimethicone (the silicone used). Despite this, it’s definitely kind of gritty... really do prefer a lighter serum 🍋 not a big bottle at all Photo from the internet
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Danita H.
il y a 2 mois
Jennifer T. il y a 2 mois
A vitamin c with ferulic acid, is best Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum