BY THE ORDINARY

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry A water- and silicone-free stable suspension of 23 percent pure l-ascorbic acid. Solutions for: - Uneven skin tone - Fine lines and wrinkles If you want to know more… Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant and its pure form of l-ascorbic acid has been shown to improve multiple signs of skin aging while brightening the skin. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product contains a 23 percent concentration of pure vitamin C, which remains completely stable due to the absence of water. It is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without oil, alcohol, silicone, nuts, gluten, and fragrance. see more...

Buy on Sephora
QUEEN L.
Had high expectations from this product because it was raved about on all social media outlets. The texture is similar to that of a watery lotion. The only drawback is the grainy texture, if you're not a fan of this please skip out. The granules take longer for the emulsion to be absorbed by the skin. Definitely recommend it as part of a nighttime routine if anything. I had problems when using because the product made me break out in whiteheads all over. Please use caution and try a patch test before applying on sensitive areas such as the face. The price point is makes it super affordable and the packaging is super minimalist if you're into that. Otherwise, I've tried better Vitamin C products.
Christina D.
S Portland, ME
I recently started a new skincare regimen with this, a retinoid, and niacinamide. My skin has never felt smoother or been clearer. I’m on my early 30’s and my skin probably looks the best it ever has as an adult. I never had a lot of acne but my skin tone and texture were always lacking. And I ALWAYS broke out around my monthly cycle. NO LONGER. This combination is working so well for me. I would definitely recommend The Ordinary to anyone looking for inexpensive but effective skincare. Just do your research on the products first. This product will give you a weird tingling sensation for about a minute (depending on your sensitivity level) but that is normal. It also feels extremely grainy going on, but dissolves into your skin within minutes.
Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
This is my holy grail Vitamin C! Isnit kind of grainy? Yes! Does it tingle? Yes! However, a little goes a long way and the tingling calms down. If you find the formula tingle too intense for your taste, you can always dap a small amount of CeraVe on the back of your hand and mix a drop or two of this Vitamin C. I go for this formula over the silicone base because it’s less silicone when I opt for the Smashbox primer. A handy tip for mixing with moisturizers, especially from a jar. Use a Spatty or a spatula to prevent contamination from using bare fingers. It gives your skincare extra mileage.
Kayla K.
Eden Prairie, MN
This product has an odd gritty texture because it is a suspension. It took me awhile to get used to it and figure out the best way to apply. Vitamin C is amazing for skin & I honestly do see results. My skin is more refined and even when I use this regularly. If you have sensitive skin beware! The Ordinary has many varieties and formulations of vitamin C, it may be good to work up to this. I use it 3 times a week at night. My chest and neck have skin damage/wrinkles. This is my new target area! You can’t go wrong with this brand and the price point is AMAZING!
Georgeanna W.
Dayton, OH
I did enjoy this preparation. It has a powerful amount of vitamin C in a stable form. The texture is gritty and can be a bit off putting. Produces visible results by the end of the container though. Can be irritating to those but used to AHAs or other acids. I now use a different preparation by the Ordinary that has a form of vitamin c along with vitamin f oil. I feel it’s more nourishing for my dry skin but this does work well.
Courtney M.
This product is a holy Grail for those who have dull skin. The texture is a little bit weird as it seems to have a little bit of granules in it, and there can be some tingling when you apply the product. If you are sensitive I would mix it in with your moisturizer until you can build up a tolerance. It does so much to brighten the skin and has a really great lightening effect on scarring.
Marissa P.
Louisville
This product is the most immediate, noticeable difference I’ve ever had. During your first use, there is a light burning sensation that doesn’t happen every time. I’ve read that this is because skin isn’t used to this much vitamin C & will adjust.
The price is great & the results are even better! The only con is that this wouldn’t work well under makeup, as it is too greasy.
Jenny W.
Flushing, NY
I put it on my face and I felt stinging immediately! I thought it would fade after a minute or so, but it didn't. I had to wash my face to get it off immediately! I don't know if this product works or not, all I know is that my skin did not like it at all, so I could not continue to use it. It's sad because it didn't cost a lot and I really wanted to like the product.
Michele L.
Astoria, NY
I hated this product. I've been looking for a low cost Vitamin C product to use, and love having HA in my other products, however this was terrible. The spheres make it very gritty, and it is difficult to layer other products on top of this. It also burns quite a bit, which was surprising. I used it twice, and didn't go back. Didn't see any results.
Kim P.
Norfolk, VA
Love this stuff but I am wondering if it is too harsh for even my dry skin. It really does help with my dryness, but I end up breaking out on my chin. My next course of action is maybe to spot treat specific areas of my face. I love the thickness of the product to make sure I get ample product on my driest spots!