BY THE ORDINARY #63 in Face Serums

Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant and its pure form of L-Ascorbic Acid has been shown to reverse multiple signs of skin ageing while brightening the skin when applied topically. This water-free, silicone-free formula provides 23% pure L-Ascorbic Acid which remains completely stable due to the absence of water. The system is supported with addition of dehydrated spheres of Hyaluronic Acid to offer visible surface smoothing alongside the benefits of Vitamin C. This treatment is ideally applied at bedtime.

• Anyone else experience a rash from vitamin c products in ...3 Answers
  • I'm gonna try this soon! Hopefully I like it !1 Answers
  • works in dry skin? 3 Answers
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
  • "This has helped all my acne scars and hyper-pigmentation go away! It's great on sensitive skin and didn't break me out. I'm on my 3rd bottle and will continue to repurchase this; especially since it is so affordable." in 19 reviews
  • "Loving the effects I am seeing so far with this product! I saw a brightening effect, subtle but noticeable, after a few days of daily application at night. I'm hoping with continued use that it will fade acne scars and even out my skin texture. I use along with the Natural Moisturizing Factors for extra hydration." in 6 reviews
nikki h.
Cottonwd Hts, UT
I have been using this product for a few months and have been very happy with it! Every time I use the formula my skin carries a very lovely glow for the next 24 hours.
PROS:
- Formula has a great spreadability, you don't need much of it to cover your face and neck
- It feels very moisturizing, on days I use it I don't follow up with anything over the top of it
- My face irritates easily, however formula plays well with it and hasn't contributed to any issues
CONS:
- The formula is slow to absorb, I cannot use it on days that I plan on doing any sort of full-face makeup
- The smell is a little funky on my hands, not unpleasant, but definitely apparent
- The formula is a skosh gritty, this doesn't bother me as the results are so great

Megan M.
Oak Ridge
No thank you! This is the most painful cream I have ever applied. I have tough skin and use plenty of aha/bha products and other concentrated vit c products so I have experienced light skin irritation while my skin gets used to a product. I assumed that would happen with this. No, it didn't. It went on smoothly and wasn't sticky like other vit c products I've used. It was a minimal tacky feeling that faded quickly. It burned everywhere but my cheeks/nose area was so painful that I had to wash it off and it continued hurting. I tried diluting it with soothing cream or calming lotion and it was just as intense. I tried many different ways to apply it but it didn't matter. I couldn't tolerate that burning/tingling feeling and discontinued use. Idk why I couldn't adjust to it and since then I've added other vit c products that are equivalent to this without the reaction. Just beware if going to use this that it may be an intense feeling when applied
Christina D.
S Portland, ME
I recently started a new skincare regimen with this, a retinoid, and niacinamide. My skin has never felt smoother or been clearer. I’m on my early 30’s and my skin probably looks the best it ever has as an adult. I never had a lot of acne but my skin tone and texture were always lacking. And I ALWAYS broke out around my monthly cycle. NO LONGER. This combination is working so well for me. I would definitely recommend The Ordinary to anyone looking for inexpensive but effective skincare. Just do your research on the products first. This product will give you a weird tingling sensation for about a minute (depending on your sensitivity level) but that is normal. It also feels extremely grainy going on, but dissolves into your skin within minutes.
elisabeth b.
Macomb, MI
This is a good "bang for your buck" product given that you are getting a high percentage vitamin C product for around 10 bucks. I gave it 3 stars because, unfortunately, this product broke me out pretty bad. I wanted to love it, but I couldnt continue using it. During the short amount of time I used it (~2 weeks), I did feel like I had improved texture and tone. As for the rest of my review: I expected the texture to be way worse than it actually is. It is a bit grainy, but I felt like the grainy texture went away within several minutes of application. I wasn't, however, a big fan of the smell. I felt like it smelled very chemically, though my SIL thought it smelled like oranges.. so, it might just be me. I don't think the finish would work well with foundation given it's texture and finish, so I would recommend using this product before bed.
Jenn B.
Cochranville, PA
I'm surprised that so many people are put off by the texture of the product -- I was expecting much worse after reading some online reviews, but the grittiness really isn't very noticeable to me. The product is so effective, though. Previously I had tried both the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and NV Perricone Vitamin C Ester (which is $130!). This is a stronger concentration of Vitamin C and I can feel (and SEE!) it working more effectively than either of those two more expensive products. And obviously I love the price point! It has really helped my skin look brighter and more even, and the marks from occasional hormonal acne I get seem to fade faster since I've been using this. This is going to become a permanent fixture in my skincare routine. I will mention two things to be aware of: 1) if you have sensitive skin, maybe dilute it with another serum or moisturizer because it can sting slightly when you first start using it. But that's just the high-potency Vitamin C doing it's work. 2) It does leave a somewhat oily-looking residue when you first apply it. If you have time in the morning, let it sink in for 5 min before you apply anything else; otherwise, maybe just use it at night.
Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
This is my holy grail Vitamin C! Isnit kind of grainy? Yes! Does it tingle? Yes! However, a little goes a long way and the tingling calms down. If you find the formula tingle too intense for your taste, you can always dap a small amount of CeraVe on the back of your hand and mix a drop or two of this Vitamin C. I go for this formula over the silicone base because it’s less silicone when I opt for the Smashbox primer. A handy tip for mixing with moisturizers, especially from a jar. Use a Spatty or a spatula to prevent contamination from using bare fingers. It gives your skincare extra mileage.
Robin G.
Saint David, AZ
I love this product! It is so incredibly effective! There are things about it that make it kind of a pain to use, no pun intended but it’s so worth it. So..... it stings when you first introduce it to your skincare routine but now that I am accustomed to it, it doesn’t bother me as much. I take it as a good sign that it’s working. Also, it has a sandy texture, so it is best used at night. That being said, the information included with the product warned me about that, so it wasn’t a surprise. My skin has truly never looked better. It looks bright and honestly younger. Hopefully that’s not just wishful thinking. For the price of the Ordinary’s products, you truly can’t go wrong!
Mandy P.
Fstrvl Trvose, PA
I love this vita c serum! Now I will say some may not like the fact that this can have a bit of a granular feeling to it when rubbed into the skin. Me personally it doesn’t bother me at all. Once I add the rest of my skin care the feeling is gone and no issues. I haven’t experienced any burning,irritation,or chem burns form this product. I have heard others say it was invasive but I haven’t experienced any issues. I have normal to dry skin and I’m a skin care junkie. I usually gravitate to medicinal grade skin care for the extra umph it gives and the ingredients are more potent. The ordinary offers the same great ingredients in their products and I love them! I’ve used other brands vita c and I like that this won’t deteriorate and break down as fast because it’s not a water based delivery system. If ur a vita c lover I’d say give it a shot! For the price u can’t beat it and it’s low risk. If ur scared it may burn do a patch test. Only apply a lil but to a certain area of fave and see how ur skin reacts. I also wouldn’t recommend globbing it on. You only need a lil bit! It spreads very well. I also have heard some say add water to it I would advise against that. It will mess with the ph and its potency. Bare in mind it’s made this way for a reason. It’s made my skin look very vibrant looking and any pigmentation marks dissipate. Love this stuff!! I have used drunk elephants vita c serum, timeless, & obagi for reference.
Jessica Q.
I love love love this product. I have to tell you though, I don’t feel the gritty texture that everyone complains about. I will say, if you’ve never used a Vitamin C Serum or if you have sensitive skin, I’d start by using this product at night only once or twice a week till you get used to it. It does have a slight stinging sensation when you apply so if that bothers you, you can add it into a moisturizer to cut the stinging effect. That’s just the Vitamin C working though so it’s nothing to be alarmed about. I have seen a noticeable difference in my skin since I stared using this product!
Heather W.
Roanoke, AL
Love  the  The results I get from this vitamin C suspension. There is a  strong tingling feeling, but it’s not anything that is too bothersome.  I Saw results after only using it for about a week.  It does feel a little gritty  when you first apply it. It only takes a small amount to do the job  and the results are so worth it. It helped clear my skin and even out the blotchiness that I had. I definitely  recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a great vitamin C product. And the price is totally amazingly inexpensive.
Evelin C.
I've heard this product used to be very gritty and hard to layer afterwards. Is it still like that?
Amber L.
How often do you use this? Can it be used daily or is that too often?
Blythe H.
What causes the gritty texture some reviewers mentioned? Would those be exfoliating beads?
Stheysy S.
New Jersey
works in dry skin?
Lily W.
What do you mix with this serum to lessen the stinging sensation?