Skin CareFacial SkincareFace SerumsThe Ordinary
Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

by The Ordinary

Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces the appearance of signs of aging.

Note: Based on recommendation from our customers, this formula is now offered in a tube format for easier dispensing.

Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large.

Note: The format of this formula is a suspension of very fine L-Ascorbic Acid powder and, as such, provides the most direct exposure of extremely high concentrations of Vitamin C topically. With such format, there are 2 important things to consider:

1) A very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation is expected during the first 1-2 weeks of use until the skin's tolerance to such high exposure is elevated. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference.

2) The powder exposure to the skin disallows the formula to feel like a serum, lotion or cream and each application requires a few seconds to feel absorbed by the skin. This formula feels gritty for a few seconds after application. If you prefer to avoid this gritty feel, we suggest our Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone.

Alternative products on the market offer suspensions of Vitamin C in water-free formulations in heavier silicone bases to avoid the "powdery" feel of the suspension. These formulations do keep the Vitamin C stable but they are almost always offered in heavier silicone bases that interfere with efficient exposure of the entire Vitamin C content to the skin (the silicone entraps the Vitamin C). Our formula avoids the use of silicones and offers complete and direct exposure of the entire powder content to the skin, maximizing topical delivery.

Usage: Apply a small amount to face in the AM or the PM (PM preferred). Avoid contact with the eyes. A tingling sensation can be expected after application. If the sensation is too strong to tolerate, the formula can be mixed on each application with other creams or serums of your preference. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid, Squalane, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Coconut Alkanes, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glucomannan, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trihydroxystearin, BHT.

How good is this ?
When I use this my face pills so bad. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know why this happens?
I’ve tried other products from this brand before, but would this help reduce scarring that I have on my face?
Start your review of The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
This has helped all my acne scars and hyper-pigmentation go away! It's great on sensitive skin and didn't break me out. I'm on my 3rd bottle and will continue to repurchase this; especially since it is so affordable.in reviews
Loving the effects I am seeing so far with this product! I saw a brightening effect, subtle but noticeable, after a few days of daily application at night. I'm hoping with continued use that it will fade acne scars and even out my skin texture. I use along with the Natural Moisturizing Factors for extra hydration.in reviews
Jennifer O.
Nipawin, SK
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Jennifer O.
Purchased at: Sephora
2 week test review. I've used this. Along with ordinary buffet and ceruve skin renew sunscreen for 2 weeks twice daily. And my skin is looking fantastic. I have dry rosecea prone redness and pore issues. I noticed the thin mixture and gritty texture but it doesn't interfere with makeup application so far. I will keep using and recommend!
Roseanna M.
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Roseanna M.
Purchased at: Sephora
I have (and always will be) a fan of The Ordinary. I’m almost hesitant to write a review in case anyone catches on to my little skincare secret and prices get raised :P Such an excellent product with reputable quality that you can feel confident with! I would recommend using this specific item only a couple times per week in your routine as it does give quite a tingle affect
Pritha D.
Mississauga , ON
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Pritha D.
Purchased at: Sephora
Started using this a month back .. loved it , brightens skin texture .. always use sunscreen after using this to get benefits.. it tingles for a while after using... and the best part is it’s very reasonable compared to other vitamin c serums available at the market
Sharanpreet K.
Winnipeg, MB
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Sharanpreet K.
Affordable skincare .. can hit or miss .. it’s definitely worth a try for price . If it suits u then it’s the best u can get on market
Dee |.
Edmonton, AB
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Dee |.
Purchased at: Sephora
I had really high hopes for this product. The consistency is very thin so you have to watch out when you open the lid. It spreads easily. It makes my skin sting. Applied alone it absorbs good but if you use a serum before applying this product it will kinda rub off...it's really wierd and I can't explain it good enough...just know the product doesn't sit well with other serums or moisturizers. Not sure if it's making any difference in my skin.
Manpreet K.
North York, ON
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Manpreet K.
Not much of a fan of this product as it stings horribly,though it says the product will sting Slightly but it definitely does a lot more. Moreover it tends to comes off as it has some powdery texture to it. Had high hopes from this product but it didn't meet my expectations.
Courteney C.
TOTTENHAM, ON
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Courteney C.
Purchased at: Sephora
If your not a fan of tingling after use this is not the product for you. The tingling feeling does last a while and can be annoying. It does however fade scars and leave a glowing finish. I do recommend mixing with moisturizer for less of a tingling feel.
Rafaelle G.
Carignan, QC
Purchased at: Sephora
I like this product I think it makes my skin looks better but I didnt see a big difference but maybe it’s just because I didn’t use it for long enough. I will still finish the bottle and see if there is any great results.
Nadia O.
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% uploaded by Nadia O.
Purchased at: Sephora
I would not recommend this for sensitive skin. I had been using a vitamin C cream ( from another brand) twice a day prior to using and then tried it. My first impression was that it was a thin liquid and had a nice texture. I was pretty happy with it , until 30 mins later when I developed this rash, it is burning and painful. I didn’t apply anything other new products on my face at the time.
Tabata B.
North Vancouver, BC
Great product! My skin feels like it never had before. I use it every night and in the morning my skin feels soft and smooth. It is a small bottle but The price is the best. I sure recommend this one!

193 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
aly L.
il y a 3 mois
Farzana S. il y a 2 mois
It’s honestly the best vitamin c product I own. A little goes a long way and your skin might tingle a bit after the first few uses.