BY THE ORDINARY #71 in Liquid Foundation

Serum Foundations are lightweight medium-coverage formulations available in a comprehensive shade range across 21 shades. These foundations offer moderate coverage that looks natural with a very lightweight serum feel. They are very low in viscosity and are dispensed with the supplied pump or with the optional glass dropper available for purchase separately if preferred.

• How does this foundation work on mature skin? 1 Answers
  • How does this product look at the end of an 8-hour day?? ...4 Answers
  • Should I use a brush or a sponge to apply this?3 Answers
Buy on Beauty Bay
Megan M.
Atlanta
I had high hopes for this foundation, after reading so many stellar reviews, but I was disappointed with it. I got this in shade 1.0P. The color matched my skin well, but it was just a little too sheer of coverage for me. I've tried to use on light makeup days- it evens out tone well, but if you have redness or breakouts, it definitely doesn't cover. I have pretty dry skin, but it's too dewy for my taste. It doesn't seem to stay on my nose at all (which is my biggest area of concern- a lot of redness around nose). When I try to apply a finishing powder or a powder foundation for more coverage, it doesn't sit well on top of it. The price is great, color selection is great, company is great. This particular foundation just didn't work well for me.
If you have dry skin, and do not need much coverage, this might work well for you.
Katelyn Z.
Pleasantville, PA
I’m on the fence about this, I would give it maybe 3 and a half stars, I like the range of undertones available but the foundation is very oily but that doesn’t translate to dewy or hydrated and the pigment settles into any line or dry patch.
Feather S.
Magnolia , TX
The very first time I tried this, I fell in love! It’s lightweight and blends easily. It has great buildable medium coverage. A lot more than any other Serum foundation I’ve tried. It dries down with a sheen like natural skin. It doesn’t look overdone or cakey, even when powdered. (I use setting spray though). I’ve got aging skin, fine lines, can be dry at times, and I use this everyday. I try to use other foundations but they just don’t compare anymore. Thank you #theordinary ! #influenster The Ordinary Serum Foundation
Kristyn S.
I love this foundation for every day use or a more natural look. The coverage is good enough to mask any redness but if I have any pimples they will show through. The coverage can be built up slightly but it I want more coverage, I will mix in another foundation. It has a satin matte finish but isn't drying. Powders blend over it nicely without setting powder and it doesnt transfer easily. One pump goes a very long way and is usually enough to cover most of my face. You really can't beat it for the price.
Katie S.
Alexandria, VA
This foundation may be my holy grail. I've used more expensive products for years thinking that they were giving me the coverage I needed, but weren't too heavy, and boy was I wrong! You can layer it easily for added coverage and I didn't find that it was overly tacky or sticky once I put it on. More importantly, it almost covers my dark circles with one layer and that's before concealer! I found that it holds up all day if I use the primer under it and haven't had any issues with creasing.
Kelsi B.
Dallas, TX
First of all, I love the consistency of this foundation. It spreads easily and I only have to use a little bit to cover my entire face. I do wish it had SLIGHTLY more coverage but its perfect for those days where you want to wear minimal makeup! I have dry skin and it leaves me with a natural dewy look all day long. Occasionally I'll need to blot my t-zone or dust on a little matte powder around lunchtime, but not always. I usually don't wear this foundation with primer.
Mandee P.
Normal, IL
My holy grail foundation. I mix 2 shades to fit me perfectly. I like fresh looking dewy skin, that looks like real skin! Not a mask or heavy. This is perfect for what I want. I have normal skin that can go a little dry occasionally. I don't want to have to use powders on my face to set. I love that this is thin but also has enough pigment to really even out tone and cover imperfections. Perfection for no makeup makeup looks. I never want to go without it.
Mandy A.
Rather than using this as a foundation, I'm using it as a concealer. I got the shade 1.1 N, and when I put it over my whole face, like a foundation, I looked like a zombie. The undertone was SO grey! I had to take it off. The formula itself/coverage is nice and lightweight, but the color was kind of crazy. I use it to spot conceal now because you can't see the grey undertone so much when it's in a small area of my face.

Amazing price point though!
jana r.
Columbia, MO
I reeeally love this foundation! I like a good medium coverage that looks natural. I apply it with a Morphie 439 foundation brush and it never leaves streaks. This foundation does not transfer and I don't feel like I have a ton of base on. I actually forget that I have it on sometimes! They have a huge color range and are super cost-effective (I have an extra on back-up in my bathroom) The Ordinary Serum FoundationMorphe M439 Deluxe Buffer
Susan S.
Loveland
The Ordinary Serum Foundation
This has been a total game changer for me. As long as I was old enough to wear foundation I wore Mac, mainly because I am very fair and they have tons of colors.
I watch a lot of beauty You Tube videos and have found an awesome amount of quality information from them.
I learned of the Ordinary products from watching Wayne Goss. He had done a swatch of Mac vs The Ordinary as far as what would be your closest color.
I'm on a fixed income so the price of the The Ordinary along with the amount of product you get is awesome, even though it's overseas. Today I bought Foundation and a serum from their skincare line and even with shipping it was less then a bottle of Mac Foundation.
Don't get me wrong I'm still very much a Mac girl especially with their lipsticks and all the shades and you can't beat the price.
The Ordinary just mainly fits my fair complexion better.
Vik M.
The Ordinary Serum Foundation any thoughts on this foundation if you have tried it?
Abigail H.
The Ordinary Serum Foundation Can anyone tell me if The Ordinary's cover/serum foundations are worth the long waiting list?! The hype surrounding them is unreal!
Nicole R.
New Hope, PA
Has anyone been able to try the ordinary's colours coverage foundation?? I know it's waitlisted 10,000 years but still curious... (the product I tagged isn't the same) The Ordinary Serum Foundation
Nika B.
Dubai, Silicon Oasis
Do you think this foundation is a Full coverage or more of a Medium coverage?  The Ordinary Serum Foundation
Kendyl S.
Fairview Hts, IL
Where can you purchase this foundation?